Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ted Karras Extended One Year
Good news
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:41 PM)Synric Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if Ted finishes his career in Cincy as the backup IOL for a season or two at 34 or 35.

Congrats Ted.

That would be awesome. I am sure Ted would be more than fine with it. He seems to love it being a Bengal.

(06-15-2024, 04:24 AM)puddycat Wrote: Like the move on it's own merits of locking down a starting OL who has played better than average into his 30s.  What i haven't seen from anyone here is his ability to step in and play guard at a high level. Not something I want to see this year as I'm guessing Trent Brown may slide into the RG spot and Lee will likely end up on the practice squad and Hill playing center which would be worse than Ford at LG. But it does give us flexibility next year if replacing one of the guards becomes a need.

Ted had better grades at LG with the Patriots than at Center. I am sure he could fill in at LG if needed and Lee grew into a decent run 
blocker, the thing about Matt Lee is he was a fantastic pass protector for the Hurricanes which is why we drafted him. Hard to teach 
this skillset at Center. 

BTW, do we still have Ben Brown on the PS?

(06-15-2024, 06:50 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Karras has been such a great addition to this team. Glad for the extension and here's hoping this is the best Oline we've had in years.

Yes he has and that is the hope. If so, great things are in store for this Offense. Cool
Reply/Quote
This is good news, he’s a Bengal man. As others have said hopefully finishes his career here.
Reply/Quote
Ted is overrated and was manhandled for most of the season last year. This is a result of them being unable to draft or develop a long term replacement. His strongest position has never been at center and all other teams have quickly recognized that and moved him to LG.

He seems like a good guy tho.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ted is overrated and was manhandled for most of the season last year. This is a result of them being unable to draft or develop a long term replacement. His strongest position has never been at center and all other teams have quickly recognized that and moved him to LG.

He seems like a good guy tho.
Like clockwork....
Reply/Quote
Yep like clockwork, no dispute of the facts...

But hey, he played 6 good games last year.

And I don't want to hear that Burrow couldn't run for his life from the pressure up the middle due to Karras struggling like he.... I guess should have been able to, but couldn't given the calf injury. That's never been a good excuse as much as it's been given for Karras getting manhandled so much last season.

Burrow shouldn't have to be able to run for his life so we can excuse poor Oline play.

Reply/Quote
It was more than 6 games. He ended up being the highest rated OL on the team for the season.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 04:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was more than 6 games. He ended up being the highest rated OL on the team for the season.

Psst, not one of those grades is actually "good"  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And I never said he was bad just overrated. And we had 3 years with him to develop a replacement and someone that can hold it down long term. There was questions to if center was even his best position so I've never been 100 sold on him.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2024, 02:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Psst, not one of those grades is actually "good"  :mellow:

Orlando, Karras, and Cappa all graded out as average starters. That might not be “good” but it’s not exactly bad either considering they had a hobbled Burrow for 5 games, and a backup QB for 7.

Elite: 90.0+
High Quality: 80.0-89.9
Above Average: 70.0-79.9
Average: 60.0-69.9
Below Average: 50.0-59.9
Poor: 49.9 or lower

Reply/Quote