Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins being released:
(03-17-2022, 08:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I couldn't take it. I had to get on sedatives.  

I'm thinking it's going to be a four or five year deal close to 20 mil per

Ya I don't see Collins signing a one year deal unless it's just an absurd amount.  He'd command a solid 4 or 5 year deal from many other teams.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Jarran Reed per Malik
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: He doesn't need it.  All he has to say is "I won't play for any team that does not redo my contract.  He tells that to the Cowboys and any trade partner (because they would want to talk to him first), and the deal is dead.

Expand your possibilities Luvnit.

So he pulls a , Bell move???

How did they work out for Bell money wise long term sitting out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No, it's going to be a multi-year deal I would think.

I would love a 4 year deal. But Collins and the rest of the NFL know his value is at an all time low right now. No one traded for him and he was cut while having an extremely low $10M/yr deal. If I were him, unless I got $15+/yr I would rather take a 1 year deal to reset my value.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:04 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I would love a 4 year deal. But Collins and the rest of the NFL know his value is at an all time low right now. No one traded for him and he was cut while having an extremely low $10M/yr deal. If I were him, unless I got $15+/yr I would rather take a 1 year deal to reset my value.

That's actually a very good point, but keep in mind signing bonus and guarantee is everything
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: I know this is a joke but.....LSU has 61 players in the NFL.  We don't even have the most LSU players on our team, TB does.  

We have the best ones. Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:09 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Jarran Reed per Malik

I wonder if they are courting Reed at dinner as well or if he will get his own night?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So he pulls a , Bell move???

How did they work out for Bell money wise long term sitting out?

Come on L2 you're smarter than this.  Let me spell it out for you.

#1 - When Bell sat out he was already under contract with the team he was Fing over.
#2 - Let me paint you the scenario.
Any trade is going to be contingent upon a physical or trade is void
Collins says "If you try to trade me to anyone but X team or at all, then i won't show up for the physical"
No physical.  No deal.  Trade is void.

Unless Collins wanted traded, he had all the leverage due to his injury history because no one was going to execute the trade without the physical.  He's done this before and bet on himself before and it worked for him 100%, so it looks like he did it again.  There was never going to be any trade because he wants the big contract and control of his destiny.
Reply/Quote