Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins being released:
Malik is acting like this is going to happen:

https://twitter.com/Wrightreportt/status/1504515443696013318?s=20&t=xw6p1xVv_uzJ-DzMtiLX1Q
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He did not hold the cards, he did not have a no trade clause in his deal.

He doesn't need it.  All he has to say is "I won't play for any team that does not redo my contract.  He tells that to the Cowboys and any trade partner (because they would want to talk to him first), and the deal is dead.

Expand your possibilities Luvnit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Malik is acting like this is going to happen:

https://twitter.com/Wrightreportt/status/1504515443696013318?s=20&t=xw6p1xVv_uzJ-DzMtiLX1Q

If there is one person I trust prior to a deal being done, it’s Malik.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Malik is acting like this is going to happen:

We’ve got the money, we’ve got a super bowl team, we’ve got one of the most exciting QB’s in the league, we have a clear need….and oh yeah, we have his old o line coach from his first 3 years in the NFL.

Makes too much sense for both sides. Get. It. Done.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We’ve got the money, we’ve got a super bowl team, we’ve got one of the most exciting QB’s in the league, we have a clear need….and oh yeah, we have his old o line coach from his first 3 years in the NFL.

Plus we’re LSU North…

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We’ve got the money, we’ve got a super bowl team, we’ve got one of the most exciting QB’s in the league, we have a clear need….and oh yeah, we have his old o line coach from his first 3 years in the NFL.

I didn't realize this. So that means the Bengals organization is comfortable that Collins will eat glass?
Reply/Quote
are there waivers in the offseason?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys couldn't find a trade partner, so they're just releasing La'el Collins!

Quote:The Dallas Cowboys have been trying to trade starting right tackle La’el Collins at the beginning of this free agency period. There was the sense that if a trade didn’t materialize the Cowboys would move on anyway. It looks like no trade was to be found, and the team will go ahead and release him according to Todd Archer.

Tweet from Todd Archer:

Quote:The Cowboys will release La'el Collins today, per source. Expected to be a post-June 1 cut, saves $10 million. No trade but Collins will have a good market once he's free to sign.

Quote:Once thought to be a long-term starter at right tackle, the Cowboys seemingly began to sour on Collins over the past few years. There were injury issues, a case of being out of shape at camp, and the recent suspension which wasn’t exactly a good look for the player. On the field, though, he could produce when called upon. He will have a market because he is a talented player who can start in this league

But in 2021, he had to “win” his position back from Terence Steele after his suspension, a sign of the Cowboys displeasure. Steele has started a lot of games for the Cowboy over the past couple of years, is much cheaper, and will likely be the new right tackle. As our own Aidan Davis wrote, the drop-off might not be that much between the two players
The Cowboys are saving a lot of money this offseason, the question is when will they start spending it, if at all.

SIGN HIM! PROTECT BURROW!

(SORRY MODS. EITHER MERGE OR DELETE!)
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plus we’re LSU North…

I know this is a joke but.....LSU has 61 players in the NFL.  We don't even have the most LSU players on our team, TB does.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: I know this is a joke but.....LSU has 61 players in the NFL.  We don't even have the most LSU players on our team, TB does.  

For now….
Reply/Quote
So the way I’m reading this is he cannot sign with anyone until he is released June 1st. I would not be willing to wait that long with no backup plan should he have no interest in us or go a different route. Would hate to get to June with no RT penciled in and not land him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:22 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: So the way I’m reading this is he cannot sign with anyone until he is released June 1st. I would not be willing to wait that long with no backup plan should he have no interest in us or go a different route. Would hate to get to June with no RT penciled in and not land him.

No. 

Every team can designate 2 players as June 1st Cuts. Once released they can sign with a team at any time.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
We're being reported as a finalist for Collins. Sources indicate "multiple teams" in the mix.

Per Jeremy Rauch
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
After watching the Zeke drama and the Dak drama, I'm not surprised that the other Cowboys want out and believe that their best option is to play hardball/act like a spoiled child.
Reply/Quote
Obviously some machinations going on. Very surprising no suitors for a trade earlier, he wants more cash/no one willing to give up anything for a player to be cut/no one wanting those red flags etc, now he can bargain for the best payday for himself.
A growing sense of unease but happy to see what happens.
Reply/Quote
Collins is visiting the Bengals. I think it's at the stadium but I'm not sure it may be at the same place where reiff precinct
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Collins is visiting the Bengals. I think it's at the stadium but I'm not sure it may be at the same place where reiff precinct

I smell a 1 year prove it deal for 10M
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:26 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I smell a 1 year prove it deal for 10M

No, it's going to be a multi-year deal I would think.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No, it's going to be a multi-year deal I would think.

Hopefully it’s multi year, we don’t need to go through this every offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Hopefully it’s multi year, we don’t need to go through this every offseason.

I couldn't take it. I had to get on sedatives.  

I'm thinking it's going to be a four or five year deal close to 20 mil per
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote