Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater
Evidently, they are looking to trade Bridgewater. It was being discussed on Sirius this morning, and one of the spots they talked about that would make sense was Cincinnati. We really have Driskell and that's it. Barkley sucks, and Woodside is evidently having issues. Wonder what they would give up to bring in Teddy to be Andy's backup?
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what it would take, but I know a certain member here who would love to see Teddy in stripes. *Cough, cough* Go Cards?

EDIT: I would feel much more comfortable with him on the roster as well.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:36 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not sure what it would take, but I know a certain member here who would love to see Teddy in stripes.  *Cough, cough*  Go Cards?

There's at least 2 of us. Teddy is a tough, smart kid, and a hell of a QB.....
Reply/Quote
I posted a thread about this last week, I'd take him or McCowan. Jet's most likely won't carry 3 QB's and Darnold isn't going anywhere so a solid back up will be available at the end of pre season.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's at least 2 of us. Teddy is a tough, smart kid, and a hell of a QB.....

Make it 3....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I want to see Teddy throw under game conditions. He was really struggling when he returned last season. He was noticeably limping and couldn’t move well. If he has recovered enough that he resembles the pre-knee injury Teddy, then go for it. If he is last year’s Teddy, then no

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Shame what happened to the guy with his injury. Looked like another great young QB. Don't know what (if anything) I would trade for him, but wouldn't mind seeing him in stripes at all.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I posted a thread about this last week, I'd take him or McCowan. Jet's most likely won't carry 3 QB's and Darnold isn't going anywhere so a solid back up will be available at the end of pre season.

Mccown is there to mentor Darnold, so I can't see them keeping Bridgewater and trading him.  Props to josh, but the guys value plummets to nearly nil if he isn't in a system he knows and coaching up a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:17 AM)pally Wrote: I want to see Teddy throw under game conditions.  He was really struggling when he returned last season.  He was noticeably limping and couldn’t move well.  If he has recovered enough that he resembles the pre-knee injury Teddy, then go for it.  If he is last year’s Teddy, then no

He threw 2 passes last year, not sure what you are talking about. All video of him I can find from practice last year and when he ran onto the field jumping up and down against us he looks fine. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mccown is there to mentor Darnold, so I can't see them keeping Bridgewater and trading him.  Props to josh, but the guys value plummets to nearly nil if he isn't in a system he knows and coaching up a rookie.

McCown is a top 5 back up in the league. 
Reply/Quote
I'd welcome him aboard.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:34 AM)Au165 Wrote: McCown is a top 5 back up in the league. 

Then the Jets are not going to trade him.  I just don't see the guy starting over in a new system now that he is 39 and 8 years beyond his first retirement. 

Usually a vet backup from the OCs past gig gets a back up role. I guess that would be Matt Moore in this case.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Then the Jets are not going to trade him.  I just don't see the guy starting over in a new system now that he is 39 and 8 years beyond his first retirement. 

Usually a vet backup from the OCs past gig gets a back up role. I guess that would be Matt Moore in this case.

They claim it's an open competition and the odds of them carrying 3 QB's is pretty slim but I guess could happen. It's not up to the guy, if you get traded you get traded. I think he enjoys playing really so coming here or anywhere for a year I don't think would be out of the question. As for the OC thing, in a lot of cases yea but that usually is when you have a younger guy not an established starter. I think your Matt Moore comment is probably the closest thing.

It really is moot as I think they keep McCown knowing they want Darnold to start some time this year. You got Teddy on a one year deal so getting something for him would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: They claim it's an open competition and the odds of them carrying 3 QB's is pretty slim but I guess could happen. It's not up to the guy, if you get traded you get traded. I think he enjoys playing really so coming here or anywhere for a year I don't think would be out of the question. As for the OC thing, in a lot of cases yea but that usually is when you have a younger guy not an established starter. I think your Matt Moore comment is probably the closest thing.

It really is moot as I think they keep McCown knowing they want Darnold to start some time this year. You got Teddy on a one year deal so getting something for him would be ideal.

I devalued mccown a bit too much, but I agree overall.  Bridgewater seems more like a reclamation project than the guy you trade for when you want a solid back up for life.  Its possible the guys starting days are over, but he doesn't seem to fit here unless we are open to the possibility of phasing Dalton out.  

Moore is a FA so I don't see why we don't sign him and see what we can do with the young bums from there.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Evidently, they are looking to trade Bridgewater. It was being discussed on Sirius this morning, and one of the spots they talked about that would make sense was Cincinnati. We really have Driskell and that's it. Barkley sucks, and Woodside is evidently having issues. Wonder what they would give up to bring in Teddy to be Andy's backup?

2019 7th rounder is probly good enough
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Evidently, they are looking to trade Bridgewater. It was being discussed on Sirius this morning, and one of the spots they talked about that would make sense was Cincinnati. We really have Driskell and that's it. Barkley sucks, and Woodside is evidently having issues. Wonder what they would give up to bring in Teddy to be Andy's backup?

I like him, but:

1. What is price (draft picks?)
2. Salary - We can't pay a back up a starter salary?
3. Injury - Is he back 100%?

Great answers to those questions and yes I am interested, but he wants more than 4 million a year, I would pass, we have a starting QB now under contract for few more years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2019 7th rounder is probly good enough

He will be worth a mid round pick by the end of preseason with a chance to go higher depending on if there is a major injury at QB.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: He threw 2 passes last year, not sure what you are talking about. All video of him I can find from practice last year and when he ran onto the field jumping up and down against us he looks fine. 

if he was anywhere close to healthy he would have throw much more than 2.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: He will be worth a mid round pick by the end of preseason with a chance to go higher depending on if there is a major injury at QB.

well some other team can pay that I ment value to the bengals...  Not worth giving up a pick he will be cut if not traded for and can be grabbed then.

He hasn't done anything in the last couple years and no evidence he can go now or the jets would have him competing with McCown not trading him away.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 10:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he was anywhere close to healthy he would have throw much more than 2.

You mean for the NFC 2 seed with a QB having a career year? He started on PUP and by the time he came off they were rolling. He came in against us in a blow out. 
Reply/Quote