Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teddy Karras- New Hype Man?
I’m terrible at clipping tweets and stuff, but he seems to be the new man in the locker room hyping everyone up. This week and last week he seems to be the last one speaking, and the team seems to respond to him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:05 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m terrible at clipping tweets and stuff, but he seems to be the new man in the locker room hyping everyone up. This week and last week he seems to be the last one speaking, and the team seems to respond to him.

He spoke like a Captain and a leader
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He’s an NFL vet that has played with Brady and probably has earned the respect of the locker room really quickly. Good to see.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

We’ve been missing this on the OL since Whit left.

Reply/Quote
My word, Karras is going to become my favourite Bengal in the next 5 minutes at this rate. Love this.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yes

He has that fire we've needed.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:08 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: My word, Karras is going to become my favourite Bengal in the next 5 minutes at this rate. Love this.

I'm with ya. I didn't see any of this last night. I havent read anything about it till now. Hopefully he can fire up the OL into a fantastic one. Sure, slow out the gate but toning up. + Burrow has been responsible for a lot of his sacks.

Reply/Quote
Karras won me over with those little clips...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hurst brings some good energy too on the field at least.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Holy **** I'd go to war with that dude.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Volson was fired up as well.
Reply/Quote
Just looking at that locker room fills me with lots of hope. The energy, togetherness and brotherhood after a short period of time as a unit is wonderful to see. Maybe losing the first two games was the kick up the arse we really needed and a bit of a reality check. Ted is obviously the new hype guy and long may it continue - that kind of enthusiasm can't be faked. Last year's hype guy has gone and Hayden Hurst might just be an upgrade in his place . Long way to go in the season but slowly improving week by week we'll be close - very close.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, and I promise I mean no disrespect, but I haven't even noticed Karras fired up at all until I've seen these videos. The guy that's been doing it for me and showing me his fire is Hayden Hurst. I have loved his passion thus far.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 07:35 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Honestly, and I promise I mean no disrespect, but I haven't even noticed Karras fired up at all until I've seen these videos. The guy that's been doing it for me and showing me his fire is Hayden Hurst. I have loved his passion thus far.

I also noticed Hurst but to be fair it’s because Hurst is doing it after catching the ball so cameras are on him. Not a lot of screen time for O linemen after touchdowns or big plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 08:43 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I also noticed Hurst but to be fair it’s because Hurst is doing it after catching the ball so cameras are on him. Not a lot of screen time for O linemen after touchdowns or big plays.

Definitely a valid point my friend.  And now that I've seen the passion that Karras plays with he as well is becoming a favorite of mine. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:08 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: My word, Karras is going to become my favourite Bengal in the next 5 minutes at this rate. Love this.

I was thinking the samething!
Reply/Quote
Did you see the new clip where Karras is mic'ed up and a Dolphin player asks him how he likes it with the Bengals? Karras answered "I love it." Not sure who the player was, but Karras is recruiting..... Wink
Reply/Quote
He's stepped into the CJ role very nicely. And he's also an above average player (at least by the eye test), which is fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks like Volson was fired up as well.

Yeah it did and it's good to see. I don't want to speak to soon but I'm glad the process is working for him so far. I was worried because every year on the OL we are trusting the coaches and hoping for players to step up and looks like it may be paying off with Volson.
Reply/Quote