Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
(08-09-2020, 12:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Ross stays healthy he’ll be productive. He was on pace to put up big numbers last year, and he for damn sure can score TD’s.

Cant totally buy very good first 2 games meaning on pace for big numbers, besides 3rd game 2 catches 22 yards . After 2 games Andy was on pace for a very good year and that did not happen, I agree  he has done well in TDs per catch but he is still a statement that starts with "What If" that is a concern. If we stay healthy Ross will see the field less anyway I believe adding AJ and Higgins means less snaps for Ross it seems.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2020, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, what the hell is up with John Ross’ leg?

Stop!!! You will ruin his confidence now!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I never said Ross is the future of this franchise, but that highlight reel is just an exaggeration of his issues.  It wasn't like his coach was really in his corner when he started and he had injury problems.  And your reference to their entire careers is accurate, but what about the last two years?  Not as big a difference.  I will judge Ross what he does for ZT and last year was a positive step.  

There is this little matter of Ross being in the final year of a 4 year, $17 million dollar contract.  Green is scheduled to make $18 million this year.  

Burrow will likely be the best thing to ever happen to Ross in stripes, although I bet Ross ends up somewhere else next year.  There aren't too many situations I can see where Ross signs here after having his fifth year option declined.  About the only way I see that happening is if Tee Higgins balls out and AJ struggles with health again.  That, and Ross having a great year.  That would put AJ's contract dollars in Ross's pocket, although he may STILL desire to try his luck in FA.  Unless he really loves Burrow.  

I know it's a late reply, I haven't had time to be on much.

When Ross drops the 4th or 5th pass that would have gone for a 1st down, I can see Burrow shying away from him forever more. Enter sure handed Tee Higgins, whom I believe only needs to show he's got his routes down and is catching balls well in practice to elevate his playing time.

Ross would have to have one hell of a year to earn a new contract with the Bengals. The Bengals paid him $17M and he ended up doing very little so far. He doesn't even have a 1,000 yards receiving after 3 years with the team.

I would love it if Ross woke up as a player became an All-pro, but I'm far to pragmatic to invest more than an ounce of hope that that will occur. I've said each year that I hope he does great for us, but he never does. Maybe my hopes will be fulfilled this year, maybe your's will be as well.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I know it's a late reply, I haven't had time to be on much.

When Ross drops the 4th or 5th pass that would have gone for a 1st down, I can see Burrow shying away from him forever more. Enter sure handed Tee Higgins, whom I believe only needs to show he's got his routes down and is catching balls well in practice to elevate his playing time.

Ross would have to have one hell of a year to earn a new contract with the Bengals. The Bengals paid him $17M and he ended up doing very little so far. He doesn't even have a 1,000 yards receiving after 3 years with the team.

I would love it if Ross woke up as a player became an All-pro, but I'm far to pragmatic to invest more than an ounce of hope that that will occur. I've said each year that I hope he does great for us, but he never does. Maybe my hopes will be fulfilled this year, maybe your's will be as well.

I could see Burrow backing off him as well if that happened, but I think Burrow is very cerebral and knows exactly what Ross's skill set can mean to the entire offense, specifically, how he can open the middle of the field.  I am going to go nuts the first play action where Ross is FINALLY not underthrown on a deep ball and it just floats in to him in stride for an 80 yard TD.  

Then, teams will be so leary of that, they will keep safeties back which not only opens the middle, but the rushing attack.  

It is all about synergy.  How the pieces work together, on both sides of the ball. 
Reply/Quote
I look at this pic like the caption this one threads. "Wait, so you the guy that is taking my spot. Damn man you big as hell!"
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I could see Burrow backing off him as well if that happened, but I think Burrow is very cerebral and knows exactly what Ross's skill set can mean to the entire offense, specifically, how he can open the middle of the field.  I am going to go nuts the first play action where Ross is FINALLY not underthrown on a deep ball and it just floats in to him in stride for an 80 yard TD.  

Then, teams will be so leary of that, they will keep safeties back which not only opens the middle, but the rushing attack.  

It is all about synergy.  How the pieces work together, on both sides of the ball. 

It's going to be interesting how the season opens. With AJ and Boyd being the most prolific receivers on the team, they will draw the best coverage the opponent has.

As bad as Dalton looked last season (with a coach who is suspect), AJ Green didn't have trouble putting up stellar numbers with Dalton as his QB for basically his entire career. So I'll never really buy that Dalton was the reason Ross under performed. I'd say the same thing about Marvin, who had many players developed into excellent WRs while he was HC.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I know it's a late reply, I haven't had time to be on much.

Can you show me a pass that Ross dropped that resulted in killing a drive or if he catches it it's a sure TD ?
Cause you know what I've seen every great Bengal WR better than Ross drop a pass from Carl Pickens to AJ Green to Eddie Brown. 
Last time I checked everytime Ross was targeted in the red zone and the ball hit his hands square he caught it for a TD.
Yeah he dropped passes. It's part of the game 
This isn't Cody Core we are talking about 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 03:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I could see Burrow backing off him as well if that happened, but I think Burrow is very cerebral and knows exactly what Ross's skill set can mean to the entire offense, specifically, how he can open the middle of the field.  I am going to go nuts the first play action where Ross is FINALLY not underthrown on a deep ball and it just floats in to him in stride for an 80 yard TD.  

If you can figure out Ross skill set , trust me the Bengals Coaching staff and Dalton did also, the problem was not them it was Ross. Every year there seems to be a savior.. Dalton, TJ, Zach and noe Burrow.. it really comes down to Ross or maybe he is just not NFL caliber 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 02:17 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you can figure out Ross skill set , trust me the Bengals Coaching staff and Dalton did also, the problem was not them it was Ross. Every year there seems to be a savior.. Dalton, TJ, Zach and noe Burrow.. it really comes down to Ross or maybe he is just not NFL caliber 

Or you know...just staying healthy and playing a full season.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 02:17 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you can figure out Ross skill set , trust me the Bengals Coaching staff and Dalton did also, the problem was not them it was Ross. Every year there seems to be a savior.. Dalton, TJ, Zach and noe Burrow.. it really comes down to Ross or maybe he is just not NFL caliber 

His skill set is He runs a 4.2 and is quick as a Cat! In all honesty the guy has played well the past two seasons when he has been out there. He has had some bad breaks with injuries over the years but he is a good player for a #3 WR.
7 TDs in 2018 
500 yards in 2019
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 02:17 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you can figure out Ross skill set , trust me the Bengals Coaching staff and Dalton did also, the problem was not them it was Ross. Every year there seems to be a savior.. Dalton, TJ, Zach and noe Burrow.. it really comes down to Ross or maybe he is just not NFL caliber 

I don't think it was as much about knowing his skill set as being able to properly execute it.  Did Joe Mixon suck balls the first half of the season and suddenly learn how to play the back half?  No?  He didn't.  The team adjusted to his and their strengths and he soared.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 02:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or you know...just staying healthy and playing a full season.

yes and that is part of playing in the NFL.. some players can't produce or stay healthy at this level of game.. and we really still don;t know if he can really produce in the NFL with the small sample we have especially with his inability to be on the field and his major lapses in a small sample set.  This year will most likely decide if he is the bust he has looked like or someone that can stay in the pro game. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think it was as much about knowing his skill set as being able to properly execute it.  Did Joe Mixon suck balls the first half of the season and suddenly learn how to play the back half?  No?  He didn't.  The team adjusted to his and their strengths and he soared.  

hard to adjust to any strengths when most of the time your weaknesses prevent it from happening: health, hands, routes and mental game
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2020, 10:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Can you show me a pass that Ross dropped that resulted in killing a drive or if he catches it it's a sure TD ?
Cause you know what I've seen every great Bengal WR better than Ross drop a pass from Carl Pickens to AJ Green to Eddie Brown. 
Last time I checked everytime Ross was targeted in the red zone and the ball hit his hands square he caught it for a TD.
Yeah he dropped passes. It's part of the game 
This isn't Cody Core we are talking about 

Comparing Ross to AJ, Carl or Eddie is just a insult to them. Their level of play was/has been well above anything Ross has ever done for the team.

I know you want Ross to do well for the Bengals, so do I. But please don't pretend that he's been a good player so far.

Reply/Quote
Lap and Hoard also impressed with Tee’s size...

Jump to the 5:42 mark

https://youtu.be/9_FuVk3c5YI

Reply/Quote