Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tee Higgins
Last night was in no way, shape, or form Tee's fault. It was a flukey, freaky accident. But knowing that intellectually and accepting it are 2 different things when it was your elbow and shoulder that hit Damar's heart at precisely the right moment to cause a cardiac arrest. I can't even imagine what he is going through right now.

Everyone on the team will be traumatized but Tee will carry a different burden because of his involvement.

How does he move forward? He is already dealing with the sudden loss of his father less than 6 months ago. What does this mean for his future?

I am so glad his mom was there last night and I know she will be there with him as long as he needs her to be. I also know the Bengals will do anything and everything to help him work through this trauma. This is a time when the Bengals being a small family organization is a good thing. Everyone knows everybody within the team and that closeness will help.

It is going to be a long time before that young man is all right.

Tee sent this last night

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I feel so sorry for this guy as he's clearly done nothing wrong, but human nature will probably make him feel like he had any part in this. Prayers with Hamlin of course, but prayers for Higgins too as I really hope he comes through this ok himself. Seems like he's got a fantastic Mum by his side to help him through this.

If he retires on the spot, or plays out a full career with us... absolutely support Tee 100%.
Reply/Quote
My thoughts and prayers are with Tee. Dude has been through a lot. It was a total freak accident and I'm sure he knows that, but there is no escaping the reality that it happened. Tee is a good dude. Hand in there man!

[Image: 324022583_894103372025711_64654462145172...e=63B8B920]
Reply/Quote
I doubt he ever forgets what happened, but he doesn't strike me as a young man who will fall to pieces over it either. Very unfortunate, but the chances Hamlin survives are likely pretty good. Medical science is pretty remarkable these days. If he doesn't recover I'm sure Tee has a substantial support system most of us will never experience in similar circumstances.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:51 AM)bengaloo Wrote: My thoughts and prayers are with Tee. Dude has been through a lot. It was a total freak accident and I'm sure he knows that, but there is no escaping the reality that it happened. Tee is a good dude. Hand in there man!

Where did you find this and can I use it?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:19 AM)pally Wrote: Last night was in no way, shape, or form Tee's fault.  It was a flukey, freaky accident.  But knowing that intellectually and accepting it are 2 different things when it was your elbow and shoulder that hit Damar's heart at precisely the right moment to cause a cardiac arrest.  I can't even imagine what he is going through right now.

Everyone on the team will be traumatized but Tee will carry a different burden because of his involvement.

How does he move forward?  He is already dealing with the sudden loss of his father less than 6 months ago.  What does this mean for his future?

I am so glad his mom was there last night and I know she will be there with him as long as he needs her to be.  I also know the Bengals will do anything and everything to help him work through this trauma.  This is a time when the Bengals being a small family organization is a good thing.  Everyone knows everybody within the team and that closeness will help.

It is going to be a long time before that young man is all right.

Tee sent this last night

I know Tee was the player involved, but there are a lot of players and coaches on that field last night impacted. The fans at the game were also impacted.

Let's pray Hamlin survives and can lead a normal life, that is prayer #1. If that happens, it will take some of the sting away for all of us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Any therapist worth their salt will work to tell Higgins that it wasn't his fault, because to anyone with a functioning brain and set of eyes can see it plain as day.

However guilt creeps up in ways you don't expect. I've been dealing with guilt since my friend passed - that's the lizard part of my brain. The logical side tells me that I can't blame myself for the choices of another adult. Guess which side wins 90% of the time though.

Tee will be fine in the long run - but I'd bet he's going to beat himself up for a bit.
Reply/Quote
What Tee does not need is a bunch of people talking about hoping he will be ok and know it's not his fault, because that will just make him think it's his fault. It was a football play, and not a particularly violent one. Freak accident. It just needs to be left like that.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: Where did you find this and can I use it?

I saw it on facebook. Use it all you want. I didnt make it, but whoever did deserves a big pat on the back. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What Tee does not need is a bunch of people talking about hoping he will be ok and know it's not his fault, because that will just make him think it's his fault. It was a football play, and not a particularly violent one. Freak accident. It just needs to be left like that.

Well when you have D’ bags like Bart Scott blaming him saying he lowered his head, he needs support. Between trolls calling Tee a murderer and ESPN talking heads trying to blame him, he very much needs the outward support.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well when you have D’ bags like Bart Scott blaming him saying he lowered his head, he needs support. Between trolls calling Tee a murderer and ESPN talking heads trying to blame him, he very much needs the outward support.

Maybe, but he's played football long enough to look at the play on video and know he did nothing wrong. Blaming him is like blaming Josh Malone for Ryan Shazier running his head into Malone's thigh.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, but he's played football long enough to look at the play on video and know he did nothing wrong. Blaming him is like blaming Josh Malone for Ryan Shazier running his head into Malone's thigh.

I think you underestimate survivors guilt or being part of a traumatic event.

Say you’re driving down the street, not speeding or doing anything wrong and someone runs into the street and you run over and kill them? You expect that driver not to have any guilt or thoughts of what he could do differently? You also have to remember Tee is still a young guy. Trauma (preventable or not) is very hard to overcome. Tee is definitely living with some self doubt and needs the support he can get.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think you underestimate survivors guilt or being part of a traumatic event.

Say you’re driving down the street, not speeding or doing anything wrong and someone runs into the street and you run over and kill them? You expect that driver not to have any guilt or thoughts of what he could do differently? You also have to remember Tee is still a young guy. Trauma (preventable or not) is very hard to overcome. Tee is definitely living with some self doubt and needs the support he can get.

My point is, there is nothing wrong with the coach and teammates telling him he did nothing wrong. But if that's all he hears, he may start wondering why people keep telling him that. Trust me, when an officer is told over and over and over a shooting was justified, they start to wonder if it's justified why is everyone still talking about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My point is, there is nothing wrong with the coach and teammates telling him he did nothing wrong. But if that's all he hears, he may start wondering why people keep telling him that. Trust me, when an officer is told over and over and over a shooting was justified, they start to wonder if it's justified why is everyone still talking about it.

Why should i trust you? You’re essentially telling people outside of his team to not show him support while people call him a murderer and literal ESPN talking heads are blaming him?

So no, I don’t trust you. You’re being silly. Support Tee. Let him know you support him, and call out the idiots who are blaming him.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:51 AM)bengaloo Wrote: My thoughts and prayers are with Tee. Dude has been through a lot. It was a total freak accident and I'm sure he knows that, but there is no escaping the reality that it happened. Tee is a good dude. Hang in there man!

Truth Bengaloo. Prayers for the Hamlin family and Tee. Been a tough year for Tee losing his Dad and all.

Hope he doesn't blame himself for anything, he shouldn't. Like you said, just a freak accident. BTW, that is a sweet Bengal/Bill. Rock On
Reply/Quote
There are millions of people in Tee's corner. Unfortunately, there are far too many like Bart Scott. I hope he has turned off his instagram because some of the comments have been absolutely brutal.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth Bengaloo. Prayers for the Hamlin family and Tee. Been a tough year for Tee losing his Dad and all.

Hope he doesn't blame himself for anything, he shouldn't. Like you said, just a freak accident. BTW, that is a sweet Bengal/Bill. Rock On

Not to mention all the head shots he's absorbed. Live I thought it looked like Hamlin grabbed Tee's helmet and drove it to the ground. I actually thought it was Tee that didn't get up until they came back from commercial and showed the replay.
Reply/Quote
One of his strengths is his physicality after the catch. I just hope he can't get past this and not let it affect the way he plays.
Reply/Quote
Tee and Damar know each other. They both helped Tyler Boyd with his camp last summer

c

Reply/Quote
On one hand I want to be respectful of people's privacy, but I'm really curious to know how Tee's doing emotionally and mentally with all of this. The team's silence (while understandable) has been tough these last 2 days. Just want to make sure guys are OK. That had to be a hard scene to watch up close like that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote