Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins Back As Well
I just saw this. My apologies if someone else already updated the board with this info, but I hadn't heard the news until just now.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/23/bengals-training-camp-joe-burrows-throw-power-surprised-tee-higgins/

This is really great news. Coupled with the fact that Ross is back, I feel a lot better about WR corp getting some meaningful reps. Cuz it was looking sparse earlier in the week.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 06:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I just saw this.  My apologies if someone else already updated the board with this info, but I hadn't heard the news until just now.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/23/bengals-training-camp-joe-burrows-throw-power-surprised-tee-higgins/

This is really great news.  Coupled with the fact that Ross is back, I feel a lot better about WR corp getting some meaningful reps.  Cuz it was looking sparse earlier in the week.

You are on it, hadn't heard this until now, thanks Wes.

Tee looked great when he was running his routes before he got hurt, hopefully he lives up to the number 85.
Reply/Quote
But I thought someone said Burrow didn't have a strong arm???
Reply/Quote
I’ve never understood the arm strength criticism with Burrow. Obviously he’s not Pat Mahomes but he isn’t Chad Pennington either. It’s almost like people have to find a negative to mention along with the good. His arm strength is fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But I thought someone said Burrow didn't have a strong arm???

Well, when a college QB doesn't date and spends most his time on his studies and game film, one would be silly to question his arm strength. Prolly went through a ton of socks! Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, when a college QB doesn't date and spends most his time on his studies and game film, one would be silly to question his arm strength. Prolly went through a ton of socks! Ninja

You are on a roll Harley lol
Reply/Quote
a glimpse at the future

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:23 PM)pally Wrote: a glimpse at the future

Sweet! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
C'mon Tee, I've got an Armon Binns jersey that needs repurposed!
Reply/Quote
Don't remember if I heard it said or read it, but some reporter type who watched the Bengals commented that Tee is like AJ in height but has a thicker build, for whatever that's worth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Haha who is that watching the one handed grab from the side, Shawn Williams?

Reply/Quote

I was told there would be nothing but hyper accurate perfect passes that the WRs wouldn't have to try hard to catch....

[Image: milton-waddams.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was told there would be nothing but hyper accurate perfect passes that the WRs wouldn't have to try hard to catch....

Ninja

He ‘threw them open’ lol
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 01:53 PM)Burreaux Wrote: I’ve never understood the arm strength criticism with Burrow. Obviously he’s not Pat Mahomes but he isn’t Chad Pennington either.  It’s almost like people have to find a negative to mention along with the good. His arm strength is fine.

As long as it not on par with Finleys arm  we should be good..and hearing Tees comments make me feel better since he was catching balls from Trevor Lawrence
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: As long as it not on par with Finleys arm  we should be good..and hearing Tees comments make me feel better since he was catching balls from Trevor Lawrence
Well, the ones that weren't eight feet over his head, like in the Championship game, that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was told there would be nothing but hyper accurate perfect passes that the WRs wouldn't have to try hard to catch....

Ninja

They are "hyper-accurate perfect passes." They are purposely thrown high enough the DB can't get them. It's called a height advantage, either it is complete or incomplete..... no interceptions
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 03:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They are "hyper-accurate perfect passes." They are purposely thrown high enough the DB can't get them. It's called a height advantage, either it is complete or incomplete..... no interceptions

Interesting. When Andy Dalton did that it was often called "inaccurate passes that your WR has to make circus catches to complete". Must be a difference in offensive scheme terminology.

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Interesting. When Andy Dalton did that it was often called "inaccurate passes that your WR has to make circus catches to complete". Must be a difference in offensive scheme terminology.

Ninja

Can we please just move on? Joe Burrow is our QB now, and Andy Dalton is on another team.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 03:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They are "hyper-accurate perfect passes." They are purposely thrown high enough the DB can't get them. It's called a height advantage, either it is complete or incomplete..... no interceptions

So why throw them that high when there is no defender to contest the catch?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 04:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we please just move on? Joe Burrow is our QB now, and Andy Dalton is on another team.

Nope. 

Two QBs throw inaccurate passes that their WRs have to save them on. One was rightfully criticized, and now one is being treated like a genius for doing so.

That can't simply be moved on from. It needs to be pointed out.

(Also what makes you believe that once a long-time QB leaves a team they are never mentioned again or used as a point of comparison? That's a silly notion. The Colts didn't forget about Peyton Manning, the Cowboys didn't forget about Tony Romo, heck the Bengals didn't forget about Carson Palmer, etc, etc)

Reply/Quote