Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tee Higgins MONSTER year ON DECK
Man...

I went down to camp yesterday and the one thing that stood out to me most was Tee Higgins. He looks even bigger, stronger, faster, and more explosive than last year. He looked AWESOME. So fluid when he moves for being such a big dude. He is so good at high pointing the ball and his wing span makes him play like hes 6'8 rather than 6'5.

I really think he's going to have a monster year and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he puts up bigger numbers than Chase. I'm really looking forward to both him and Chase putting defenders in a blender this year...I think we see something special out of them both. They are going to be that much better.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 09:26 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man...

I went down to camp yesterday and the one thing that stood out most to me was Tee Higgins. He looks even bigger, stronger, fater, and most explosive than last year. He looked AWESOME. So fluid when he moves for being such a big dude. He is so good at high pointing the ball and his wing span makes him play like hes 6'8 rather than 6'5.

I really think he's going to have a monster year this year and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he puts up bigger numbers than Chase. I'm really looking forward to both him and Chase putting defenders in a blender this year...I think we something special out of them both. They are going to be that much better.

He was super young coming into the league so he really should be getting into his prime peak the next few seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I went down to camp yesterday and the one thing that stood out most to me was Tee Higgins. He looks even bigger, stronger, fater, and most explosive than last year. He looked AWESOME. So fluid when he moves for being such a big dude. He is so good at high pointing the ball and his wing span makes him play like hes 6'8 rather than 6'5.

I really think he's going to have a monster year this year and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he puts up bigger numbers than Chase. I'm really looking forward to both him and Chase putting defenders in a blender this year...I think we something special out of them both. They are going to be that much better.

No matter how old I get, I'll never get past that feeling when watching a superstar live for the first time in person.  It's one thing to see them work their craft on the television screen but in person it's really eye popping.  I'd watched AJ Green on TV for years, then when I came to watch them play the Ravens one year, he caught a short pass, broke a tackle and took it down the sideline to the house.  I remember thinking, "Damn, I knew he was fast, but he just accelerated for 70 yards straight.".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I agree. With what little clips I've seen him and Chase seem to be really in the zone and I think are set for big years ( I wish it was Burrow tossing them the ball). Any thoughts on the new receivers? I was really hoping Charlie Jones would be an upgrade over the Trents ( maybe unrealistic year 1) but I haven't heard or seen much on him.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 09:47 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I agree. With what little clips I've seen him and Chase seem to be really in the zone and I think are set for big years ( I wish it was Burrow tossing them the ball). Any thoughts on the new receivers? I was really hoping Charlie Jones would be an upgrade over the Trents ( maybe unrealistic year 1) but I haven't heard or seen much on him.

I think Tren Irwin is going to be the 4 and Charlie Jones is going to be behind him. I think Trent Taylor is going to be cut. 

I do wonder what Charlie Jones brings to the table that a guy like Trent Irwin can't. Jones isn't super athletic and he didn't look super fast to me. We will see. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think Tren Irwin is going to be the 4 and Charlie Jones is going to be behind him. I think Trent Taylor is going to be cut. 

I do wonder what Charlie Jones brings to the table that a guy like Trent Irwin can't. Jones isn't super athletic and he didn't look super fast to me. We will see. 

Okay. I thought he was supposed to be faster. I know he's a little older so maybe he might be the punt returner this year and Irwin just continues to grow in his role. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 10:47 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay. I thought he was supposed to be faster. I know he's a little older so maybe he might be the punt returner this year and Irwin just continues to grow in his role. 

Foot speed and playing speed are often different.  Once he learns the offense and nuances of the pro game, his playing speed will likely improve.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 11:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Foot speed and playing speed are often different.  Once he learns the offense and nuances of the pro game, his playing speed will likely improve.

It's also hard for everyone to look an All Star in camp.  One guy's highlights are another guy's rep to forget.  With Turner and Ivey both having great camps, Jones and Iosivas are going to take their lumps.

Another consideration is Browning and Siemien are fighting for a roster spot.  With Awuzie out, Chase and Higgins are feasting, and if I'm fighting for my job, I'm throwing to the guys that I know are going to make me look good whenever possible.  
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I do wonder what Charlie Jones brings to the table that a guy like Trent Irwin can't. Jones isn't super athletic and he didn't look super fast to me. We will see. 

2 years younger and four years of cheap cost controlled oppurtunity. 
Reply/Quote
What is crazy is HOW young Tee actually is and he still might be growing. If we are going to extend him, now is the time before
he really blows up this year. I also foresee this year being his breakout year.
Reply/Quote

I went down to camp yesterday and the one thing that stood out to me most was Tee Higgins. He looks even bigger, stronger, fater, and more explosive than last year. He looked AWESOME. So fluid when he moves for being such a big dude. He is so good at high pointing the ball and his wing span makes him play like hes 6'8 rather than 6'5.

I really think he's going to have a monster year and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he puts up bigger numbers than Chase. I'm really looking forward to both him and Chase putting defenders in a blender this year...I think we see something special out of them both. They are going to be that much better.

I'll tell ya what...if the Bengals haven't already re-signed him before the season and he goes and puts up something 1200+ yards, that price tag gonna go up even more...way up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll tell ya what...if the Bengals haven't already re-signed him before the season and he goes and puts up something 1200+ yards, that price tag gonna go up even more...way up.

IF they are going to re-sign him, they need to do it now. I still think his prime is a couple years from now...which is saying something. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 03:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IF they are going to re-sign him, they need to do it now. I still think his prime is a couple years from now...which is saying something. 

100% agree but Burrow is obviously coming first.

Higgins is going to have a big year. If our line can give Burrow a little time, I'm going to love watching defenses try to cover him and Chase deep!

Defenses will have to keep two safeties deep because I'd give Chase and Higgins the edge on any 50/50 ball thrown up when they're single covered.

Get Burrow done and then re-sign him now because he has a big year coming.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 03:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 100% agree but Burrow is obviously coming first.

Higgins is going to have a big year. If our line can give Burrow a little time, I'm going to love watching defenses try to cover him and Chase deep!

Defenses will have to keep two safeties deep because I'd give Chase and Higgins the edge on any 50/50 ball thrown up when they're single covered.

Get Burrow done and then re-sign him now because he has a big year coming.

Can't forget about the franchise tag as well. I don't think the Bengals will be afraid to use it for Tee. They can at least have him for 2 more years beyond this year. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think Tren Irwin is going to be the 4 and Charlie Jones is going to be behind him. I think Trent Taylor is going to be cut. 

Rapien just said on WLW that he looked much better today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I love Tee's ability to go up and get the ball between one of two defenders. That was not something I expected out of him at all. In fact, even though I liked him as a rookie, I always felt like he was too easy to catch from behind. But not necessary if he can go up and get it
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 03:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Can't forget about the franchise tag as well. I don't think the Bengals will be afraid to use it for Tee. They can at least have him for 2 more years beyond this year. 

The franchise tag would cost the Bengals an average of the top 5 paid WRs in the NFL.  Are the Bengals going to pay Tee Higgins like the #3 WR in the NFL?  I like Tee but he is not worth that much money.

I will stand by what I have said the last few months, if the Bengals cant work out a deal this year, its only going to get more expensive next year and if they wont pay Higgins this year, why would they pay him even more next year. If Higgins and his agent cant/wont work out a contract this year, the Bengals need to trade him while they can get something for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 03:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Can't forget about the franchise tag as well. I don't think the Bengals will be afraid to use it for Tee. They can at least have him for 2 more years beyond this year. 

Last two times the Bengals used the franchise tag, it was Jessie Bates and AJ Green and neither wanted it and both made business decisions and weren't going full out. Just remember that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 09:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last two times the Bengals used the franchise tag, it was Jessie Bates and AJ Green and neither wanted it and both made business decisions and weren't going full out. Just remember that.

Bates and Green were also top 5 at their position, Higgins isnt.  It would be crazy to pay Higgins that much money.
Reply/Quote
Tee has some traits that you can't simply coach.
His radius and leaping ability. He made those Pats CBs
Look stupid last year. Tee is just as much of a match-up
Issue as JaMarr is. I think Tee puts up a stat line
Like 90 1300 and 12 TDs this year.
The Bengsls better pay him now and not later.
The longer they wait the harder it will be to retain him
Reply/Quote