Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins, down the road in '24?
(11-15-2023, 03:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If this is the case, why not just trade Tee and get something for him.

Trade deadline has passed this year so it would have to be a more complicated tag and trade next year if they wanted to trade him.

(11-15-2023, 04:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They may as well just let him go and get the comp pick. It'd prob be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

Earliest round comp picks are awarded start in the 3rd round. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 04:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, the estimated OL tag value for 2024 is $22.9M.  They are estimating Williams value to be $11-17M/per.  If they want to keep Williams on the team, the best route would be to offer him something like $60M for 4 years.

That would be the best way to go if Jonah did stick around. ThumbsUp

Agree with Synric as usual as well, Reader will be our must have extension this Offseason. He is still playing damn good even if 
others around him aren't, BJ is playing good, but nonexistent it seems play from Carter, Tupou and Ossai and Murphy of the Ends.

I do like Cam Sample to stick around hopefully when his time for an extension comes. He is young and seems to be growing into 
his own before our very eyes.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 04:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They may as well just let him go and get the comp pick. It'd prob be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

if Higgins has a down year, and is injured for a lot of games, then I would imagine they would not get much of a comp pick. I realize average salary is one point, but also snap count is factored in.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be the best way to go if Jonah did stick around. ThumbsUp

Agree with Synric as usual as well, Reader will be our must have extension this Offseason. He is still playing damn good even if 
others around him aren't, BJ is playing good, but nonexistent it seems play from Carter, Tupou and Ossai and Murphy of the Ends.

I do like Cam Sample to stick around hopefully when his time for an extension comes. He is young and seems to be growing into 
his own before our very eyes.

Of the 3, WR is likely the easiest for the Bengals to replace in terms of a player with instant production.  Drafting a NT will likely take a year or two of development, and as much as I hate to say it, the Bengals have struck out with way too many OL picks in recent years to have me putting any stock in drafting a plug and play replacement.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He doesn’t play enough to warrant that contract from us

He warrants the contract 100%, but not from us.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fine with it. We need to add to the trenches in FA clearly, we can always draft WR's.

We are actually good at this from what we have seen in the past with the exception of John Ross.

I would add another RT and LG in Free Agency and bring back DJ Reader and add a pass rusher.

Noteworthy caveat that it HAS to be an early pick.

Bengals WRs after the 2nd round the last two decades are pretty much Marvin Jones (12 drafts ago) and then a huuuuge amount of underwhelming/terrible if you're looking for a starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 04:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Earliest round comp picks are awarded start in the 3rd round. 

At the end of the 3rd round, and in the 2025 draft. Double bad.

Reply/Quote
Coach up Yoshi and Jones to start next year and put that money into the defensive line

I’m tired of watching QBs have forever to throw

I’d rather all the money be in the d line and draft secondary guys. As long as secondary guys are fast and physical you can coach a corner up. I think pass rushers either have it or they don’t
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 04:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, the estimated OL tag value for 2024 is $22.9M.  They are estimating Williams value to be $11-17M/per.  If they want to keep Williams on the team, the best route would be to offer him something like $60M for 4 years.

I would flip a table if they committed $15m/yr for 4 years to Jonah Williams. Jonah Williams as the 4th highest paid player on the team? (Presumably 5th with a Chase extension.) Hard pass.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:13 PM)Housh Wrote: Coach up Yoshi and Jones to start next year and put that money into the defensive line

I’m tired of watching QBs have forever to throw

I’d rather all the money be in the d line and draft secondary guys. As long as secondary guys are fast and physical you can coach a corner up. I think pass rushers either have it or they don’t

More? How about have the already highly paid DL and highly drafted backups just perform better first?

The Bengals already have...
5th highest paid DE
21st highest paid DE
15th highest paid DT
22nd highest paid DT
2023 1st round pick DE
2021 3rd round pick DE
2022 3rd round pick DT

3 of the top 5, and 4 of the top 7 cap hits for the Bengals this year are DL. You shouldn't need to throw MORE money at the position without shedding some underperforming money first.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 04:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Nah it's worth the tag and trade because it would be at best a  3rd round Comp pick (around pick 100) highest you can get and in 2025. It would be essentially buying draft picks which teams do... (some teams sign veteran OL and trade them mid season for day 3 picks lol).

They mentioned Carolina in this article but I would be calling the Giants in the offseason to try to talk them out of a couple top 100 picks. (My December mock draft spoiler lol).

The big question is if and when you can move him.  It's a strong WR draft class and there is a strong possibility that we just get left holding the bag.  It might be worth it for a 1st, but if Carolina is calling, his trade value isn't a 1st.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: More? How about have the already highly paid DL and highly drafted backups just perform better first?

The Bengals already have...
5th highest paid DE
21st highest paid DE
15th highest paid DT
22nd highest paid DT
2023 1st round pick DE
2021 3rd round pick DE
2022 3rd round pick DT

3 of the top 5, and 4 of the top 7 cap hits for the Bengals this year are DL. You shouldn't need to throw MORE money at the position without shedding some underperforming money first.
That’d be great but it doesn’t look like it’s happening

Gotta go get some pass rushers

Ironically Chandler Jones is a FA right now and nothing so idk if he can still go but he was good last year wasn’t he?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: The big question is if and when you can move him.  It's a strong WR draft class and there is a strong possibility that we just get left holding the bag.  It might be worth it for a 1st, but if Carolina is calling, his trade value isn't a 1st.

His trade value if he played every game would absolutely be a 1st due to his production and the demand he was garner on the open market

But you are right

A second just feels right for Tee.

But who would give a second? We’d have to tag him then that team would not only have to give a second but then they’d have to pay him 80M dollars at MINIMUM.

I would just wait a year and sign him in FA. Especially if i was the Panthers cause it’s not like they are gonna be good next year either. They’d want to be able to show Tee a solid team and they will need another year or 2 at least.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: The big question is if and when you can move him.  It's a strong WR draft class and there is a strong possibility that we just get left holding the bag.  It might be worth it for a 1st, but if Carolina is calling, his trade value isn't a 1st.

Panthers and Giants both look like they are gonna end up with top 35 second round picks. I'm sure they can work out a deal to get up to 1st round value from there.

Edit: Panthers picks 33 and 101 would be a great deal lol. It would be the value of about pick #27 and that pick 101 is rhe first pick of day 3 perfect for jumping back up into day 2 considering the Bengals will have 6 day 3 picks of their own.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:29 PM)Housh Wrote: That’d be great but it doesn’t look like it’s happening

Gotta go get some pass rushers

Ironically Chandler Jones is a FA right now and nothing so idk if he can still go but he was good last year wasn’t he?

Jones is in the middle of a mental breakdown, I believe. He's been arrested several times recently and has been making some outlandish comments. He's done in the NFL, I think.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to Jeremy Fowler it doesn't look optimistic for the Bengals to sign Higgins to any long term deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-insider-doesn-t-sound-optimistic-about-bengals-keeping-key-free-agent-this-offseason/ar-AA1jYL6z

Based on this season i wouldnt either
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 05:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Jones is in the middle of a mental breakdown, I believe. He's been arrested several times recently and has been making some outlandish comments. He's done in the NFL, I think.

was he the dude the raiders had to send to a crisis center?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 06:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: was he the dude the raiders had to send to a crisis center?

Yeah, they sent a crisis response team to his house back in September. 
Reply/Quote
This....is...news?

At this point, the only position I want a focus on is O-line. Still, again.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 07:00 PM)Destro Wrote: This....is...news?

At this point, the only position I want a focus on is O-line. Still, again.

Have you seen our pass rush? Neither has many opposing QB’s.

They need a good 3T in the worst way.

Reply/Quote