Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins going foward.
(03-26-2022, 11:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Chiefs really got stuck because they are a team that relies heavily on restructuring deals to clear cap space.  That works fine when your highest paid guys are in the early years of their contracts, but the needed to go to Hill to get an extension done because he was in a contract year.  Hill put them over the barrel and told them he wanted Adams money or he wouldn't sign an extension.  Teams have to be careful in managing their cap like that, because they give their players(and the agents) a ton of power.  Mahomes deal is basically made to restructure and push cap dollars into future years.  If he's not happy, though, he can simply refuse and demand a trade once his cap number has ballooned enough.

GB allegedly offered Adams more money than LV.  He just wanted to be a Raider.

Very happy the Bengals have not done this sort of structuring and hope they don't start when Burrow and Chase need signed. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: I have to think the WR market will even itself out quickly... It's ridiculous. Either that, or QB salaries need to not count against the cap.

That would be cool and make me happy although it would kill the QB poor teams since there are only a handful of QB that command that sort of money. 

Now the former is a possibility since great WR's are coming out yearly as of late. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For those saying Tee is not as good as AJ.

Is Chase as good as Chad?

Chad is an all time Bengals great and always will be, but Chase seems to be better has hard as that is to believe. 

Chad had the best footwork Ive ever seen by WR live in my 30 years as season ticket holder and a real cool guy as well. 

Yet Chase is not only a great WR but does all the little things well too like blocking downfield and being a team player.

Obviously Chase will have to do this for many more years for history to agree and say he is better than Chad though. Yet at face value he appears to be better and that's a blessing for the Bengals since Chad was one of the best. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably a good thing we aren’t paying a guard $22 million (Thuney’s 2023 cap hit). Just sayin…

MB refuses to play Guards that much so we're safe on that front. 

Wilson and Jonah will be due to get a nice raises the same year Higgins is do to sign as well. 

Wonder which one could be replaced in the draft easier a teams #2 WR, the defenses QB, or a LT ? Things that make you say Hmm. 

Have said before I hope the Bengals can keep them all but understand that is not feasible without mortgaging the future. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 09:37 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Chad is an all time Bengals great and always will be, but Chase seems to be better has hard as that is to believe. 

Chad had the best footwork Ive ever seen by WR live in my 30 years as season ticket holder and a real cool guy as well. 

Yet Chase is not only a great WR but does all the little things well too like blocking downfield and being a team player.

Obviously Chase will have to do this for many more years for history to agree and say he is better than Chad though. Yet at face value he appears to be better and that's a blessing for the Bengals since Chad was one of the best. 

I would take chad over tee. This is no disrespect to Tee, but chad was a better #1, and could do just a little more.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably a good thing we aren’t paying a guard $22 million (Thuney’s 2023 cap hit). Just sayin…

If thuney was on the OL in the Super Bowl, we likely get the extra inches necessary. From there, who knows how the rest of the game plays out, but if we were coming off a Super Bowl victory, I’m sure his 23m cap hit would feel a bit different.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 02:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know Im the only Bengals fan that would proclaim
Tee Higgins on the same level or a just a tad better
Than A.J.  I understand it. Green is a sure fire Bengals
RoH future menber. 

But A.J's and Tee's 1st 2 years arent that drastic in 
Comparison stats wise. 
The number that sticks out to me are the number of targets over the 2-yrs 
Green 279 
Higgins 218. What if Higgie had that many targets
In his 1st yrs? 
I think overall Higgins has caught a higher% of his targets than Green has over 2-years

A.J only averaged 7 yds more per game in his 2 year
Than Tee. Yeah I know,A.J faced more #1 CBs 
Etc etc. But Tee has shown the same ability to
Take over games as AJ did. 
Jamar had such a dominant rookie year it overshadowed the improvement Tee made in year 2.

I think the Bengals really need to retain Higgins 
He is just as important to this offense as Chase is

Yeah, I don't think I would say that he is as important as Chase, either, because Chase's deep threat ability, combined with his ability to take a checkdown for 70 yards is just unprecedented by all but a very select few in the NFL.  

That isn't being disrespectful to Tee.  He is a huge talent, and I love his huge catch radius and ability to do so many things well.  Dude is just fearless, and when catches a short crossing route in stride, you can see DBs don't relish the idea of trying to tackle his huge frame up high.  He and Chase just have different skill sets.  

Tee didn't have Chase to take coverage his rookie season, and he didn't even get to start over John Ross (cough, gag, spit) early on...but once he got his chance, he never looked back.  

As I said on another thread, all the additions to the offensive line will create such a synergistic effect throughout the team.  The run game benefits, which opens up more play action, and the TEs and slot WRs will eat because the safeties have to respect Chase and Higgins long speed...especially when Burrow has more time.  

Tee will be a massive part of this offense going forward, but Chase is the straw that stirs the drink.   He opens up so much for everyone else, and his big-play ability is simply unmatched on this team.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 10:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I would take chad over tee.  This is no disrespect to Tee, but chad was a better #1, and could do just a little more.

Me too talent-wise , but that was not the question purposed that I answered here.  

Plus just not sure Chad would be happy as you and me while playing second fiddle to Chase, may demand a trade quickly. 

Or maybe Chad basks in the limelight of being such a great tandem, yet Ocho threw some fits on the sideline when thinking he was not getting the ball enough at times. 

Looks spectacular on paper but not positive if it works or not, but if it did ?  Oh my !!!

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 10:46 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If thuney was on the OL in the Super Bowl, we likely get the extra inches necessary.  From there, who knows how the rest of the game plays out, but if we were coming off a Super Bowl victory, I’m sure his 23m cap hit would feel a bit different.

But if we had Thuney then some other player or players would have been missing.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 10:46 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: If thuney was on the OL in the Super Bowl, we likely get the extra inches necessary. From there, who knows how the rest of the game plays out, but if we were coming off a Super Bowl victory, I’m sure his 23m cap hit would feel a bit different.

The number of players that would have made a huge difference over Adeniji and Prince is countless.

There’s really no justification for paying a OG that much. I’d rather have several just solid lineman than one or two guys making absolute top end money. Which is exactly the strategy the Bengals are going for now. It’s just too bad they didn’t do it a year earlier.

Reply/Quote
I think that the reality of the situation is that when you have a true franchise QB, you just have to get used to skill players coming in and eventually moving on to other teams.

Why? Because your franchise QB deserves to be paid his full worth. You must also invest well into the OL to protect the team's investment into their franchise QB, along with keeping a strong defense on the field to keep it from every game having to be a shootout.

Franchise QBs are good at developing young receiving talent put with them, established veterans are sometimes warm to the idea of accepting a little less money to work with a franchise QB who might get them their long sought Championship. If you're the Bengals, you start planning now for the eventual departure of either Tee or Jamar by drafting mid round receivers to develop into starters by the time they are ready to move on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 08:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tee reminds me of Mike Williams of the Chargers
Big tall WRs with insane radius that is matchup issue
For other CB.
He really rose to the occasion ln the SB.
Has 2000 yds in his 1st 2 yrs and yet has yet
To play a full season

Love how he catches the ball. Burrow was talking about it last season, Tee snatches the ball out the air a lot like AJ Green.

Tee can also add more muscle and not lose speed. I saw a big jump from his game from year 1 to year 2 and yeah, he showed
up in the Superbowl big time and in most all of the big games. He has clutch ability as do our other 2 WR's in Chase and Boyd.

Maybe if Tee added a bit more muscle he might remind me more of Mike Williams of the Chargers. That dude is pretty buff.
Reply/Quote