Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins-injured
This came from Tyler Boyd in his afternoon presser. Said Tee has only run routes once due to injury but that the injury seems mild and hopefully he'll back to practice on Sunday. Hopefully just a training camp tweak

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh boy, lets hope it's minor
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 06:14 PM)pally Wrote: This came from Tyler Boyd in his afternoon presser.  Said Tee has only run routes once due to injury but that the injury seems mild and hopefully he'll back to practice on Sunday.  Hopefully just a training camp tweak

Sucks to hear.  They really should've double dipped at WR in the draft given the depth of the class, our lack of depth, and AJ and Ross being in contract years.
Reply/Quote
Hamstring tweak, expected back Friday.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hamstring tweak, expected back Friday.

Awesome news. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hamstring tweak, expected back Friday.

Ugh, hamstring issues always seem to be one of those nagging type of injuries, that always shows back up sometime during the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 06:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sucks to hear.  They really should've double dipped at WR in the draft given the depth of the class, our lack of depth, and AJ and Ross being in contract years.

I would disagree.. they triple dipped at the probably the worst starting position of all 32 teams and that would be LB and I am much happier they did not than draft 2 WRs.... besides we can franchise AJ I believe next year also if we need too but it would be costly...  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ugh, hamstring issues always seem to be one of those nagging type of injuries, that always shows back up sometime during the season.

Yeah, my thinking, too. it’s one of those injuries you might want to wait an extra week or two to make sure it is fully healed than go back out there too soon.
Reply/Quote
And so it begins, with Bengals medical staff that hammy will take him out all year lol
Reply/Quote
They're not even in pads yet....... #^%$
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 07:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would disagree.. they triple dipped at the probably the worst starting position of all 32 teams and that would be LB and I am much happier they did not than draft 2 WRs.... besides we can franchise AJ I believe next year also if we need too but it would be costly...  

Obviously, we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out, but Tyler Johnson was probably a Day 2 prospect in a normal class that went in the 5th.  Donovan Peoples-Jones in 6 or KJ Hill in 7 would have also been great values.

We definitely needed LB help, but drafting three guys at a position where you normally have 2 on the field is basically saying that you expect to miss on at least one of these guys.  No to mention they took Pratt last year.  We'll see if the buckshot approach pays off.

They technically can FT AJ next year, but it's not feasible.  The cap is going to drop around $23 million to $175 mil due to COVID in '21 and they would have to pay him 120% of what he made this year, or $21 mil. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 06:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sucks to hear.  They really should've double dipped at WR in the draft given the depth of the class, our lack of depth, and AJ and Ross being in contract years.

The class was kinda deep, but they needed LB more then WR at this point.

Green, Boyd, Tate, Morgan and Willis in their 2nd year, Ross, brought in Mike Thomas, not too mention there is still a few names on the FA list that would be worth a look if Higgins ends up down for any length Tavon Austin for one, and although he is older Demaryius Thomas has been solid throughout his years as has Jermaine Kearse. 

Hopefully though it is just a tweak and all is well. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 12:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The class was kinda deep, but they needed LB more then WR at this point.

Green, Boyd, Tate, Morgan and Willis in their 2nd year, Ross, brought in Mike Thomas, not too mention there is still a few names on the FA list that would be worth a look if Higgins ends up down for any length Tavon Austin for one, and although he is older Demaryius Thomas has been solid throughout his years as has Jermaine Kearse. 

Hopefully though it is just a tweak and all is well. 

Throw in some intriguing young guys like Washington and Lodge and we do not need to panic about WR depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 12:44 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Throw in some intriguing young guys like Washington and Lodge and we do not need to panic about WR depth.

I forgot all about Washington. Not the fastest guy but he is a lot like Tate. Big body, good body control and great ball skills. Just have to worry about his own injury history.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's just gonna be one of those years, guys. Shortened training camp and conditioning period = more injuries. Might as well brace for it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I agree with most that hamstring issues can go from bad to worse quickly. Ts, we have some solid talent at the WR position sans Higgins and Ross. Not to mention there's always some talented players available after cutdown day.

I think they'll be fine, and Ross will be back sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
Hamstring injuries means lack of hydration, lack of conditioning, or lack of stretching, doesn't it? All three of which are preventable.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hamstring injuries means lack of hydration, lack of conditioning, or lack of stretching, doesn't it? All three of which are preventable.

Usually it means a person has not worked out the front and back of their legs equally.... 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 12:44 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Throw in some intriguing young guys like Washington and Lodge and we do not need to panic about WR depth.

Lap had some nice things to say about Thomas too:  speed, explosion, jack hammer feet and hands.   Intriguing. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 11:29 AM)3wt Wrote: Lap had some nice things to say about Thomas too:  speed, explosion, jack hammer feet and hands.   Intriguing. 

Yeah, I didn’t mention him because Murdock did in the post I replied to.
Reply/Quote