Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins not even in top 5 favorites for rookie of the year
Oh well... Future star in the making. Who was the last WR rookie of the year anyway? Moss?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So if Claypool leads the Steelers in receiving yards, and let’s say he ends with 870, he should be known as the best rookie wide receiver of 2020? Because the team around him is great?

You're getting pretty tiring with this stuff, man.

OROY doesn't mean you are the statistical best. Otherwise they'd have an equation that picks the winner rather than people. Same reason why the MVP can be an offensive player that doesn't win OPOY. Winning matters. Deal with it?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 08:30 PM)jason Wrote: Oh well... Future star in the making. Who was the last WR rookie of the year anyway? Moss?

There’s three guys actually after Moss. Anquan Boldin, Percy Harvin and Odell Beckham Jr.
Reply/Quote
In a they that is driven opinions, Bengals don't get much respect. Takes over the top performance to even get mentioned. Munoz had to be in the argument of being the best there ever was to get into the Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His team is undefeated. 

And he had a 4 TD game....I wanted Claypool over Higgins, but I am pleasantly surprised at how Higgins is performing.  He and Burrow are starting to get that magic that Burrow had with Jefferson in college....and Chase.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did John Ross get any votes?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did John Ross get any votes?

Maybe next year when he’s a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 09:56 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: There’s three guys actually after Moss. Anquan Boldin, Percy Harvin and Odell Beckham Jr.

I always forget how good Boldin was as a rookie. That was the same season Chad blew up. Harvin is surprising though... He must've come into the league with Sam Bradford.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did John Ross get any votes?

He's gonna win the stretch the field award. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 02:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's gonna win the stretch the field award. 

From the bench.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 04:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Then explain how Odel Beckham won ROY over Jeremy Hill?

Giants missed the playoffs

While Jeremy Hill carried the offense to the playoffs

[Image: 14nfl-obj-jumbo.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Higgins numbers are a little deceptive because he has only been a part of the offense for 7 games Opening day he only played 15 snaps on offense and had zero targets. Since then he has averaged 56 offensive snaps and 7.4 targets per game.

He has averaged about 70 yards per game other than opening day. Project that over 15 games and he will have over 1000 receiving yards.

That may not get him anywhere close to winning ROY, but it is a GREAT season for a second round rookie WR. Only 11 rookie WRs taken after the first round have had 1000 receiving yards. FYI Cris Collinsworth was the 4th to do it in 1981.
Reply/Quote
Higgins coming along nicely. Burrow to Higgins will be a mainstay for years.
&
it's going to be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 02:10 PM)jason Wrote: I always forget how good Boldin was as a rookie. That was the same season Chad blew up. Harvin is surprising though... He must've come into the league with Sam Bradford.

Bradford came a year after Harvin. Matthew Stafford was the first overall pick in 2009. Harvin won in an absolute landslide, receiving 41-50 votes. Second place was Michael Oher with 6 votes.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 02:10 PM)jason Wrote: I always forget how good Boldin was as a rookie. That was the same season Chad blew up. Harvin is surprising though... He must've come into the league with Sam Bradford.

Harvin was drafted by the Vikings and Ntsdford the rams...
Reply/Quote
Harvin was one of the most explosive players I have ever seen in college. He also had a few good years in the NFL, but just could not stay healthy (or drug free)

With the Florida Gators he only carried the ball 192 times, but he averaged 9.5 yards per carry (1852 total yds) and scored 19 tds. He also had 133 receptions for 14.5 average and 13 tds. I wish I could find some stat for plays over 20 yards in college because it seemed like Harvin broke of a long play every other time he touched the ball. He was a big reason Florida won National Championships in '06 and '08.

His first four years in the NFL he missed 10 games but still had 280 receptions (70 per year) for 20 tds, carried the ball 107 times for a 6.4 average and 4 tds, and returned 114 kickoffs for a 27.9 average and 5 more tds. His final career kick return average (27.2) is 9th in NFL history.

One of the most gifted open field runners ever.
Reply/Quote