Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins top 5 PFF rookie WR
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He’s fun to watch each week. Definitely something special in this kid.

Reply/Quote
Higgins should be a keeper and a solid WR for a good couple years. Will be interesting to see how/if he grows next year.

- - - - - -
Jefferson is looking like he'll be a monster. Shame he's stuck with Kirk Cousins throwing him the ball.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dehner had an article in the Athletic that mentioned Higgins is on pace to have 937 receiving yards this season. Fourteen rookies have had over 900 receiving yards during their rookie season during the last decade. It's a pretty impressive list:

• Odell Beckham Jr.
• Keenan Allen
• A.J. Brown
• A.J. Green
• Julio Jones
• JuJu Smith-Schuster
• Michael Thomas
• Amari Cooper
• Mike Williams
• Kelvin Benjamin
• D.K. Metcalf
• Sammy Watkins
• Mike Evans
• Terry McLaurin
Reply/Quote
I saw a blurb the other day along with his rookie WR rating, he’s also a top 30 overall WR. That was prior to last game, so it may have changed.
Reply/Quote
Higgins has been a surprise and steal. Wasn't my choice or my favorite receiver taken, but glad we did. He and Burrow (along with Boyd) are the future.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I love Tee Higgins. The man was exactly who we needed to pick at 33 and I'm so glad we did.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:15 AM)MickMack Wrote: Dehner had an article in the Athletic that mentioned Higgins is on pace to have 937 receiving yards this season.  Fourteen rookies have had over 900 receiving yards during their rookie season during the last decade.  It's a pretty impressive list:

• Odell Beckham Jr.
• Keenan Allen
• A.J. Brown
• A.J. Green
• Julio Jones
• JuJu Smith-Schuster
• Michael Thomas
• Amari Cooper
• Mike Williams
• Kelvin Benjamin
• D.K. Metcalf
• Sammy Watkins
• Mike Evans
• Terry McLaurin

Higgins is doing well, but records/stats like that are quickly becoming meaningless.

There's 2 WR this year on pace to fly past 1,100 yards (Jefferson and Lamb) and another 6 on pace right now for ~700-900+ yards (Higgins, Aiyuk, Jeudy, Ruggs, Shenault, Claypool) and that's just from the first 50 picks of the 2020 draft.

There has to be a shift back towards earlier football eventually, before it turns into arena league, no?

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:15 AM)MickMack Wrote: • Odell Beckham Jr.
• Keenan Allen
• A.J. Brown
• A.J. Green
• Julio Jones
• JuJu Smith-Schuster
• Michael Thomas
• Amari Cooper
• Mike Williams
• Kelvin Benjamin
• D.K. Metcalf
• Sammy Watkins
• Mike Evans
• Terry McLaurin

Man, does this guy stick out like a sore thumb on this list.

This guy should be a cautionary tale for every single player who comes into the league.  They should make a video on him, Here is NOT What to Do.

What a waste.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, does this guy stick out like a sore thumb on this list.

This guy should be a cautionary tale for every single player who comes into the league.  They should make a video on him, Here is NOT What to Do.

What a waste.

What's the story on him? I know he was great early but he just disappeared. Was it attitude? Injuries? Some other thing? A combination of all? It's genuinely bizarre how far he fell off.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What's the story on him? I know he was great early but he just disappeared. Was it attitude? Injuries? Some other thing? A combination of all? It's genuinely bizarre how far he fell off.

Mainly laziness.  He got super fat and his effort was terrible.

I don't want to be too hard him on though.  I remember hearing his mom had passed and he kind of just stopped trying afterwards.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Higgins is doing well, but records/stats like that are quickly becoming meaningless.

There's 2 WR this year on pace to fly past 1,100 yards (Jefferson and Lamb) and another 6 on pace right now for ~700-900+ yards (Higgins, Aiyuk, Jeudy, Ruggs, Shenault, Claypool) and that's just from the first 50 picks of the 2020 draft.

There has to be a shift back towards earlier football eventually, before it turns into arena league, no?

I guess the first thing I'd say is that this was a historically deep draft class at WR.  And they've lived up to their billing.  That being said, there's no question the rules now favor a pass heavy game.  And I think that's here to stay.  The rules favoring the passing game are largely designed to prevent injuries and, specifically, concussions.  You can certainly have a debate as to whether those are effective.  But from an optics perspective I don't see the NFL retreating from the current landscape.
Reply/Quote
Good for Higgins.

I have to admit, I was afraid he'd bust. Though, I feared a guy like Mims busting even more. I was all in on Pittman or Claypool for us.

Jefferson & Aiyuk were gone already when we picked.

If Joe actually gets time to throw next year, look out.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Higgins is doing well, but records/stats like that are quickly becoming meaningless.

In fairness, this was considered a generational WR class. 13 WR's went in the first two rounds, which is a record, and all those 2nd round guys would've been fist rounders in a normal class. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What's the story on him? I know he was great early but he just disappeared. Was it attitude? Injuries? Some other thing? A combination of all? It's genuinely bizarre how far he fell off.

(10-29-2020, 11:02 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Mainly laziness.  He got super fat and his effort was terrible.

I don't want to be too hard him on though.  I remember hearing his mom had passed and he kind of just stopped trying afterwards.

He also blew out his knee a couple of times. He never was a burner and after a couple of knee surgeries, plus added weight, he just couldn’t run or jump anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: In fairness, this was considered a generational WR class. 13 WR's went in the first two rounds, which is a record, and all those 2nd round guys would've been fist rounders in a normal class. 

The "generational" gap is getting awfully small, then. Just in 2014 we had a similar situation...

-Sammy Watkins
-Mike Evans
-Odell Beckham
-Brandin Cooks
-Davante Adams
-Allen Robinson
-Jarvis Landry
-To a lesser extent Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews

...all went in the first 2 rounds. Unless the rules change, I think we'll more and more frequently be seeing "generational" WR classes.

Reply/Quote
Wasn't completely sold on the pick at the time but he's showed he's going to be a great acquisition.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The "generational" gap is getting awfully small, then. Just in 2014 we had a similar situation...

-Sammy Watkins
-Mike Evans
-Odell Beckham
-Brandin Cooks
-Davante Adams
-Allen Robinson
-Jarvis Landry

...all went in the first 2 rounds. Unless the rules change, I think we'll more and more frequently be seeing "generational" WR classes.

So your argument is that all or most of these guys are just a product of the current rules?  I'd strongly disagree.  Does it help?  Sure.  But most of these guys are top-tier wide receivers regardless of era.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The "generational" gap is getting awfully small, then. Just in 2014 we had a similar situation...

-Sammy Watkins
-Mike Evans
-Odell Beckham
-Brandin Cooks
-Davante Adams
-Allen Robinson
-Jarvis Landry

That was a good class, but I heard a lot of “best WR class in 20 years” talk about this one. I remember there was even some people that wanted to possibly double dip.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 11:02 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Mainly laziness.  He got super fat and his effort was terrible.

(10-29-2020, 11:12 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He also blew out his knee a couple of times. He never was a burner and after a couple of knee surgeries, plus added weight, he just couldn’t run or jump anymore.

That's a shame. I don't want to be hard on him either, I just remember hearing he was elite and then seeing they traded him a few seasons later. And then him getting cut. It's just odd to see such a quick fall from grace.
Reply/Quote