Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(05-30-2024, 11:11 AM)J24 Wrote: Waddle just signed a contract for 84.5 million on 3 years with 76 million guaranteed.

that's our direct comparson for Ja'Marr's next contract. Thiis is the low mark.  We need Justin Jefferson to get his deal done for the high mark.  Things will get a lot more clear after that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 11:46 AM)pally Wrote: that's our direct comparson for Ja'Marr's next contract. Thiis is the low mark.  We need Justin Jefferson to get his deal done for the high mark.  Things will get a lot more clear after that

It’s ironic because the stats over the first 3 years of Tee and Waddle are not that far off, especially when you consider opportunity share.

I think waddle is a little more dynamic than Tee and behind Chase.

If you look somewhere between the Nico Collins and waddle extensions, I think the bengals can get a deal done with Tee, if they want.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Waddle;s deal:

We’ll explain later. For now, the details on the Waddle deal. Per a source with knowledge of the terms:

1. Signing bonus: $18.873 million.

2. 2024 base salary: $1.055 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2025 base salary: $16.050 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2025 workout bonus: $100,000.

5. 2026 base salary: $16.631 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed in March 2025.

6. 2026 workout bonus: $100,000.

7. 2026 per-game roster bonus: $510,000 total.

8. 2027 base salary: $23.39 million, guaranteed for injury at signing. Of that amount, $15.2 million becomes fully guaranteed in March 2026. The remainder becomes fully guaranteed in March 2027.

9. 2027 workout bonus: $100,000.

10. 2027 per-game roster bonus: $510,000 total.

11. 2028 offseason roster bonus: $1 million.

12. 2028 base salary: $25.764 million.

13. 2028 workout bonus: $100,000.

14. 2028 per-game roster bonus: $510,000 total.

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins is a free agent that isnt signed with the Bengals. I dont know why anyone would expect him to be at the Bengals OTAs. To keep going on about Tee not being at OTAs is bizarre when he isnt even part of the team. Why didnt Higgins show up for New England's OTAs? New England is one of the teams reported being interested in Tee. That makes about as much sense as expecting him to be in Cincinnati when he isnt a member of either team.
Reply/Quote
as far as needing to sign Tee to a long term deal, the Bengals dont need to. The Bengals can keep Tee for the next 2 years instead of giving him some outrageous contract. Tee will make 21.82 million this year and ~26.18 next year on the franchise tag. That means the Bengals can keep Tee for the next 2 years at an average of about 24 million per year while not giving out huge guaranteed money. They are also not locked into a contract if Tee keeps having an injury history. From the Bengals perspective why give Tee 24+ million a year on a long term contract with a bunch of guaranteed money when they can keep him the next 2 years at 24 million with only the current season being guaranteed and if Tee does leave, you stand a chance at getting a 3rd round comp pick?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 01:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Tee Higgins is a free agent that isnt signed with the Bengals.  I dont know why anyone would expect him to be at the Bengals OTAs.  To keep going on about Tee not being at OTAs is bizarre when he isnt even part of the team.  Why didnt Higgins show up for New England's OTAs?  New England is one of the teams reported being interested in Tee.  That makes about as much sense as expecting him to be in Cincinnati when he isnt a member of either team.
He's essentially locked in to play for the Bengals  in 2024. 
(05-30-2024, 02:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: as far as needing to sign Tee to a long term deal, the Bengals dont need to.  The Bengals can keep Tee for the next 2 years instead of giving him some outrageous contract.  Tee will make 21.82 million this year and ~26.18 next year on the franchise tag.  That means the Bengals can keep Tee for the next 2 years at an average of about 24 million per year while not giving out huge guaranteed money.  They are also not locked into a contract if Tee keeps having an injury history.  From the Bengals perspective why give Tee 24+ million a year on a long term contract with a bunch of guaranteed money when they can keep him the next 2 years at 24 million with only the current season being guaranteed and if Tee does leave, you stand a chance at getting a 3rd round comp pick?
You do realize that the franchise Tag is guaranteed money right. You're talking about 47 million in guaranteed money if we tag him twice.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 11:20 PM)kevin Wrote: This site hasn't mentioned it, but google up Tee Higgins and most of the NFL is talking about it today.  Chase and Higgins missing from start of Bengals OTA's this week.  Many reports are that Higgins has no plans of ever putting on a Bengals uniform again, and he demands traded.  That isn't me, that is most news sources on this.  

Here is the problem. Bengals have to resign Chase this summer long term, because Chase is one of the premier WR's in NFL.  Bengals can't afford to let Chase be a free agent after this season. Resigning Chase is going to take Big Bucks.   So here you have Higgins who is a top #2 WR who wants to be paid as a #1 WR long term. The Bengals can't sign both Chase and Higgins long term to #1 WR paid contracts. Plus Bengals just shelled out huge money for Joe Burrow long term.

The Bengals did draft a WR early and other WR's stepped up for Bengals last season. The Bengals have not offered Higgins a long term #1 WR paid contract, and Higgins has said he won't play without a long term #1 WR paid contract.

So the NFL story is Tee Higgins drama continues.  

Bengals had Carson Palmer refuse to play, and Bengals were willing to let Palmer sit out and not get paid. However The Raiders stepped up and made Bengals an offer they could not refuse.  I think the Raiders QB got injured early in the season, and there sat Carson Palmer ready to go get. I'm not sure any team offers that much for Higgins at this point.  What I've read in past months is that if Higgins plays, he gets paid a ton as a Franchise Tag WR.  He probably gets paid too much if Bengals need to resign Chase this summer at a huge price.  If Higgins doesn't play, he doesn't get paid, and when Higgins goes free agent to another team in 2025, the Bengals get a 3rd round comp pick anyway.

It looks like Bengals are in the position that to resign Chase long term, it's probably better if Higgins sits out and doesn't get paid.  However that makes using the Franchise Tag on him at such a high price kind of stupid. It's not good for Higgins or Bengals and this use or abuse of the franchise tag is something The Players Union and The NFL need to change.

So as it is now, per most of The NFL.  Don't count on ever seeing Higgins in a Bengals uniform again, and the news story is, " Tee Higgins Drama Continues ".  There is not that much concern about Chase not at OTA's, although Bengals better be resigning Chase this summer, since Bengals policy has always been no contract negotiations once season starts.  The concern in NFL is Tee Higgins demanding traded not at Bengals OTA's.  

Now, I'd just as soon none of this was happening, and I didn't have to bring it up.  The fact remains that the top NFL story today is how Bengals drama over Tee Higgins continues.  Higgins is a no show, just as he said after he was upset Bengals shackled him with the franchise tag before free agency started.

There, now you can all get mad at me for posting what the entire NFL is talking about.  I would just as soon wish none of this was happening, and the only thing Bengals had to do this summer is get ready to play The Patriots.  I also wish there was a way to post this in a 7 word or less sound bite as many of you request, but this Higgins story is too complicated to sum up in a short sound bite.

Some recent Tee Higgins news:
https://www.sbnation.com/2024/5/30/24167890/tee-higgins-refuse-franchise-tag-holdout-tender-cincinnati-bengals-contract-extension
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-bengals-wide-receiver-tee-higgins-currently-ineligible-to-be-with-team/ar-BB1ndDXn?ocid=weather-verthp-feeds

5 words. 2 clicks.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 02:36 PM)J24 Wrote: You do realize that the franchise Tag is guaranteed money right. You're talking about 47 million in guaranteed money if we tag him twice.

If he breaks his leg, tears his ACL, or just stinks, we don't tag him a second time and he doesn't get it, so it's not a guarantee. That's not how the word works. That is just a 1 year team option, which is very much not the same thing as guaranteed money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 02:36 PM)J24 Wrote: He's essentially locked in to play for the Bengals  in 2024. 
You do realize that the franchise Tag is guaranteed money right. You're talking about 47 million in guaranteed money if we tag him twice.

Yes, he is locked into playing for bengals for 2024. But he isn’t on the team and isn’t going to show up for OTAs. Best case scenario is he shows up a few weeks before the season, but I highly doubt he reports to camp on time.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 05:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he breaks his leg, tears his ACL, or just stinks, we don't tag him a second time and he doesn't get it, so it's not a guarantee. That's not how the word works. That is just a 1 year team option, which is very much not the same thing as guaranteed money.

And if he has a good season(like he usually has) the FO will be paying 47 million dollars guaranteed money for two seasons along with two outstanding  cap hits as well. This is if they franchise tag him twice!
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 06:09 PM)J24 Wrote: And if he has a good season(like he usually has) the FO will be paying 47 million dollars guaranteed money for two seasons along with two outstanding  cap hits as well. This is if they franchise tag him twice!

If you have to use the word "if" then you can't use the word "guaranteed". Something that is reliant on something else happening in order for it to happen is by definition not guaranteed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tee isn't staying, get used to it. He and his agent are likely asking huge guaranteed and probably not willing to break it into pieces like Burrow was - which leaves us unable to meet it because of the NFL funding rule. I wish people would remember we don't have a rich sugar daddy like other franchises do who is using the team as a tax write-off and can afford to write checks for massive cash on the spot.

Chase I expect they have been hoarding cash for (like they did Burrow) so they can meet the escrow requirement. With it seeming like Jefferson's deal is imminent expect them to move on Chase once it is announced.

Really the NFL and the NFLPA need to get together and either totally junk or substantially change the funding rule.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2024, 09:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tee isn't staying, get used to it. He and his agent are likely asking huge guaranteed and probably not willing to break it into pieces like Burrow was - which leaves us unable to meet it because of the NFL funding rule. I wish people would remember we don't have a rich sugar daddy like other franchises do who is using the team as a tax write-off and can afford to write checks for massive cash on the spot.

Chase I expect they have been hoarding cash for (like they did Burrow) so they can meet the escrow requirement. With it seeming like Jefferson's deal is imminent expect them to move on Chase once it is announced.

Really the NFL and the NFLPA need to get together and either totally junk or substantially change the funding rule.

Yes, we have Tee this year and he will be gone next year. Just need to win a Super Bowl before he leaves....
Reply/Quote
The shoe has dropped.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 10:28 AM)Synric Wrote: The shoe has dropped.

This should slot chase in at a 130M 4 year deal is my guess.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind the Vikings have Sam Darnold at $10 million/year as their QB and next year will likely have a rookie for the rest of Jefferson's contract

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 10:51 AM)pally Wrote: Keep in mind the Vikings have Sam Darnold at $10 million/year as their QB and next year will likely have a rookie for the rest of Jefferson's contract

They don't have a choice and if they fail to sign one of Chase, Tee, and Bates over a three year period then they should be forced to sell the  team.
J24

Reply/Quote
Okay now they know. This was what the Chase negotiations were waiting for. The main question is whether they have enough stacked cash to do such a big guarantee and if they don't will Chase agree to what Burrow agreed to (breaking the guarantee into pieces so the team could comply with thew NFL funding rule).
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 11:09 AM)J24 Wrote: They don't have a choice and if they fail to sign one of Chase, Tee, and Bates over a three year period  then they should be forced to sell the  team.

thats a fast way not to have a Franchise in Cincinnati any more
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 10:37 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This should slot chase in at a 130M 4 year deal is my guess.

Chase might end up with a slight bit more AAV (35.5m) and a little less guaranteed.

If the Bengals go into the season with the highest paid Player, the highest paid non-QB.... and the highest paid Kicker!! will they still be considered a cheap franchise? Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote