Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Tee trade proposal idea
Im all for trading tee, honestly. But i think itll take a first round pick for the bengals to even consider moving on it.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for straightening that out, it is easy to get them backward.

Yeah I had it wrong the first time I responded and deleted it when I realized I had it backward.   Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah I had it wrong the first time I responded and deleted it when I realized I had it backward.   Tongue

I also could have been a little more clear on my post so I went back and edited it too
Reply/Quote
I’m surprised this thread hasn’t died yet.

These sell low proposals are dumb (I’m being nice).

Play Tee on the tag and hope he has an amazing year on a Super Bowl run.
Revisit trading him next year after tagging him again.

By then hopefully Burton has proven himself as a true number 2,
and we are in a great position to sell Tee when he is at or close to his real value.
If not, play him on the tag again and make a run again with him.
Then let him go in FA and take the comp pick after he lights it up as a number 1 somewhere else.

He has much more value on a Super Bowl caliber bengals team than a 2nd round pick.
I want to win now, not sell players that have helped us win in the past.
Tee was huge for us on our last Super Bowl run.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 09:31 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m surprised this thread hasn’t died yet.

and we are in a great position to sell Tee when he is at or close to his real value.
Then let him go in FA and take the comp pick after he lights it up as a number 1 somewhere else.

He has much more value on a Super Bowl caliber bengals team than a 2nd round pick.

Why surprised, there really much else of relevance to talk about with the team. The rest of the team is playing catch in jerseys and helmets, while the only newsworthy items happening right now are related to the looming contract extension for JaMarr Chase and the growing stronger by the day possibility of trading Tee Higgins.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 09:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why surprised, there really much else of relevance to talk about with the team. The rest of the team is playing catch in jerseys and helmets, while the only newsworthy items happening right now are related to the looming contract extension for JaMarr Chase and the growing stronger by the day possibility of trading Tee Higgins.

I guess I just don’t see it. The value isn’t there. I don’t see the bengals trading him on the cheap. It’s not their MO and it wouldn’t be wise in a Super Bowl or bust year. The value would have to be there. Tee is a legit 1 on any team that doesn’t have one. That’s worth more than a 2nd round pick. I think it’s more possible around the draft/FA next year.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 09:41 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I guess I just don’t see it. The value isn’t there. I don’t see the bengals trading him on the cheap. It’s not their MO and it wouldn’t be wise in a Super Bowl or bust year. The value would have to be there. Tee is a legit 1 on any team that doesn’t have one. That’s worth more than a 2nd round pick. I think it’s more possible around the draft/FA next year.

Another one of those speculatory articles mentioned the Lions being 'linked' to interest in Tee Higgins, the article went on to suggest their 2nd and 4th round picks. I'm not sure that the Bengals can get a 1st round pick for Higgins, particularly in light of his health and performance last season. If they force him to play on the tag; I fear that we'll have a situation similar to what we went through with Jesse Bates, and many will suggest that he's playing 'cautiously' if he's not balling it out every time he hits the field or misses a catch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 10:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Tee has been in and out of lineup we will have won still and I'm not looking at one season, I'm looking at sustaining with Burrow and  rather get high picks in 2nd and 4th and another young WR .

You haven't been watching if you think they're better without T at least taking them to a place they want to go. He provides an element not too many in the league do with his length and ability to go up and get it and provide those comfort throws that JB likes. This does not mean they need to throw the bank at him regardless of my feelings because I know this organizations protocol far too well but T is a huge huge force when in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
I feel good about Burton and others, but we haven't seen Burton play actual NFL games yet and Yoshi, although I like the kid he's no Tee Higgins.. 
Higgins brings too much to the table for the upcoming season and for a trade to happen it has to have another team willing to put the right player(s) and/or draft pick(s) on the table. It takes two to tango. Trades don't happen in a vacuum via wishes.  If wishes were horses the beggers would ride.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Likelihood of things happening:

Joe Burrow signing a team friendly deal

JaMarr Chase sitting out voluntaries for reasons other than contract

bfine winning the lottery without buying a ticket

Kevin making a short post

Tee getting traded in 2024

I once won the lottery without buying a ticket. OK, so it was a $35 scratchoff I found under a tire in a parking lot, but hey! I was flat broke at the time so it might as well have been a million bucks at the time.  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 06:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not buying this one year window idea, the organization has been balanced with it's approach we are not in a cap hell position besides we have a top tier QB that if he can stay healthy puts us at least in a competitive window each year.

I didn't say it was a one year window.  I said if you truly want to chase a Super Bowl you don't trade a guy this late.  You have to have a good plan B if you make the trade - and right now we don't.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 11:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Another one of those speculatory articles mentioned the Lions being 'linked' to interest in Tee Higgins, the article went on to suggest their 2nd and 4th round picks. I'm not sure that the Bengals can get a 1st round pick for Higgins, particularly in light of his health and performance last season. If they force him to play on the tag; I fear that we'll have a situation similar to what we went through with Jesse Bates, and many will suggest that he's playing 'cautiously' if he's not balling it out every time he hits the field or misses a catch.

Just saw that and was going to mention it in here.

It makes sense for the Lions because it gives them Higgins opposite St Brown with Gibbs and Montgomery in the backfield, and it makes great sense for us because then we get value for Tee and, with additional 2nd and 4th round picks, we can get quality role players that we need to fill out a complete roster.

I know we haven't been AS stubborn in recent years, so let's hope that we make this move because, to be honest, Tee is good, but I think his worth is elevated more than he thinks by Burrow, so why not take advantage of that and get value for him while we still can?
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 01:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I didn't say it was a one year window.  I said if you truly want to chase a Super Bowl you don't trade a guy this late.  You have to have a good plan B if you make the trade - and right now we don't.

I disagree because Burrow can make receivers look better than they really are, so I don't think there would be THAT big of a drop-off from Tee to whatever we could get/have to replace him.

I think Burton could be sneaky good for us.

I just think we're better off getting the most value out of Tee now before eventually losing him, and not to mention that good receivers are likely to be cut at some point this offseason.

Trade Tee and sign Michael Thomas to bridge the gap. Thomas might be 31 but he put up over a thousand years every year he played at least 15 games.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 11:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Another one of those speculatory articles mentioned the Lions being 'linked' to interest in Tee Higgins, the article went on to suggest their 2nd and 4th round picks. I'm not sure that the Bengals can get a 1st round pick for Higgins, particularly in light of his health and performance last season. If they force him to play on the tag; I fear that we'll have a situation similar to what we went through with Jesse Bates, and many will suggest that he's playing 'cautiously' if he's not balling it out every time he hits the field or misses a catch.

Just look at our history with tagging players, it isn't good, like, at all....

About every single one of them had the worst year of their careers after being tagged. Bates, AJ Green, Nugent, Graham and there are 
many more.

I know that when healthy Tee is a damn good #2 WR and a great comfort blanket for Burrow with his size as Higgy says, but our history 
isn't good with tagged players and it is not like Tee is always healthy either. Nothing wrong with keeping our options open.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 02:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I disagree because Burrow can make receivers look better than they really are, so I don't think there would be THAT big of a drop-off from Tee to whatever we could get/have to replace him.

I think Burton could be sneaky good for us.

I just think we're better off getting the most value out of Tee now before eventually losing him, and not to mention that good receivers are likely to be cut at some point this offseason.

Trade Tee and sign Michael Thomas to bridge the gap. Thomas might be 31 but he put up over a thousand years every year he played at least 15 games.

That's already been shown to be not true.  We lost Boyd in the title game against KC and we couldn't move the ball consistently after that.  There's no need to trade him at this point.

Could Burton be good?  Absolutely, but Tee and Chase give us the best shot at beating the elite teams.  Trading him now would be a bad move.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 09:32 PM)J24 Wrote: The only way I see a deal for Higgins happening before the season starting is in a player for player trade.
Two DTs come to mind.
Alim Mcneill from the Lions would be a nice trade or Osa Odighizuwa from the Cowboys. Both players are in the last year of their rookie contracts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just look at our history with tagging players, it isn't good, like, at all....

About every single one of them had the worst year of their careers after being tagged. Bates, AJ Green, Nugent, Graham and there are 
many more.

I know that when healthy Tee is a damn good #2 WR and a great comfort blanket for Burrow with his size as Higgy says, but our history 
isn't good with tagged players and it is not like Tee is always healthy either. Nothing wrong with keeping our options open.

Agree on all points and I think we're making a big mistake keeping Tee. We need to try and get what we can for him. 

We're wasting a big chunk of money keeping him and there's nothing that says our luck will change in tagging players with him.

I think there's four or five teams that trading for Tee would make a lot of sense and we should do it now while his trade value is still high.

Mike Brown's stubborn old ways says we won't but it's a new era and I feel like the people making these decisions (Katie, Duke, Troy, Zac), have to be thinking what benefits the team most in building for the future while staying competitive now.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 06:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agree on all points and I think we're making a big mistake keeping Tee. We need to try and get what we can for him. 

We're wasting a big chunk of money keeping him and there's nothing that says our luck will change in tagging players with him.

I think there's four or five teams that trading for Tee would make a lot of sense and we should do it now while his trade value is still high.

Mike Brown's stubborn old ways says we won't but it's a new era and I feel like the people making these decisions (Katie, Duke, Troy, Zac), have to be thinking what benefits the team most in building for the future while staying competitive now.

I don't know if we are making a big mistake by keeping Tee as we don't know the specifics of what if anything we have been offered, but I 
agree that the 21 million could be spent elsewhere. A player for player trade at this point like J24 said would be ideal. Nothing against Tee 
but he has trouble staying healthy and hamstring injuries tend to linger. We don't know how much he will help us this year especially with 
our history in tagging players and his injury history.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 09:31 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m surprised this thread hasn’t died yet.

What are you saying a 2nd and 4th with sn expected bad team is not sell low especially after this year we get shit...
Reply/Quote
I get why we're talking about dealing him but it still brings me down. So I give myself permission to enjoy the year coming up. It'll be Burrow-Chase-Tee's fourth together and the continuity is priceless. Think how comfortable they'll be coming into camp knowing not just each other, but also the playbook, their roles in the locker room and their collective goal (ie., Lombardi or bust) frontward backward and sideways.

Even better, you know Burrow's got it in the back of his mind to give Tee the monster year he deserves on the eve of free agency, so they're bound to put up some historic numbers. Then consider the effect it'll have on Burton, Sizzle and Yoshi to watch these guys just tear it up, and it'll set the expectations at a certain level for them too. I don't know how much longer we have with this trio but 2024 promises to be special
Reply/Quote