Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Tee trade proposal idea
Tee will play with us this season. I think the Bengals will tag Tee next year since it's a 120% of this year's tag. I can see the Bengals actually trying to do a tag and trade next offseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If we trade Tee then there we would have to be willing have to make another trade to get a WR.
Hopkins from the Titans and Sutton from the Broncos makes complete sense in that regard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
A nice trade partner might be the Rams ;Puka is on his rookie contract, Kupp can be cut in two years, and the Rams have no problem in trading 1st Rd picks.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:42 PM)J24 Wrote: A nice trade partner might be the Rams ;Puka is on his rookie contract, Kupp can be cut in two years, and the Rams have no problem in trading 1st Rd picks.

I just don't see it. The Rams have been in rebuild ever since beating us in the Superbowl, when they overextended any and all ways to improve their roster for that championship push. With 2 years of the Kupp deal left, and 3 years of the Nakua contract left, why would they ever consider overpaying for what would be on their roster, an extra receiver? They are just now getting their financial soundness back in order, they do like to run the ball.  I just can't see them overpaying for a receiver that isn't better than what they already have on the roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just don't see it. The Rams have been in rebuild ever since beating us in the Superbowl, when they overextended any and all ways to improve their roster for that championship push. With 2 years of the Kupp deal left, and 3 years of the Nakua contract left, why would they ever consider overpaying for what would be on their roster, an extra receiver? They are just now getting their financial soundness back in order, they do like to run the ball.  I just can't see them overpaying for a receiver that isn't better than what they already have on the roster.
1.) They run the most 11 personnel in the league a 3rd WR is a starter for them.

1b.) How is Tee over payed?

2.)kupp will be 31 by the start of this season and has missed 13 games the past 2 seasons. If he gets injured again or loses a significant step then the Rams are screwed.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 12:38 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Tee will play with us this season. I think the Bengals will tag Tee next year since it's a 120% of this year's tag. I can see the Bengals actually trying to do a tag and trade next offseason.

Unless the tag amount from 2024 to 2025 jumps by more than 20%. 

Normally I don't think a very important distinction, but with just this offseason Waddle getting $28.25m/yr, St Brown getting $30m/yr, AJ Brown getting $32m/yr, Jefferson getting $35m/yr... and Chase and Lamb still to go? Might really bump that number up enough where it comes into play. Happened to QBs last year when it jumped more than 20% from 2022 to 2023.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 10:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Unless the tag amount from 2024 to 2025 jumps by more than 20%. 

Normally I don't think a very important distinction, but with just this offseason Waddle getting $28.25m/yr, St Brown getting $30m/yr, AJ Brown getting $32m/yr, Jefferson getting $35m/yr... and Chase and Lamb still to go? Might really bump that number up enough where it comes into play. Happened to QBs last year when it jumped more than 20% from 2022 to 2023.

Not sure what the rising tag amount in 2025 has to do with Tee?  The 2nd tag is based upon the previous year's salary, not the new 1st year tag number.  The 3rd year tag would be impacted by the new salary increases.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 11:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure what the rising tag amount in 2025 has to do with Tee?  The 2nd tag is based upon the previous year's salary, not the new 1st year tag number.  The 3rd year tag would be impacted by the new salary increases.

Guys at WR got huge paydays in 2024. When 2025 rolls around (the year that Tee would get a 2nd tag in this theoretical) then 2024 IS the previous year.

So the 2025 tag number for Tee's 2nd tag might not just be 120% of his 2024 tag number, it could be higher. A second tag gets either 120% OR the new tag if the new year's tag is more than 120%. The player always gets the higher of the two numbers. So just throwing out a number, if the WR franchise tag in 2025 is $28m, Tee would get $28m for his 2nd tag despite it being more than 120% of his 2024 1st tag.

Not certain it will be more than 120% in 2025, but it is a possibility in play with all these absurd deals getting handed out.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:45 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) They run the most 11 personnel in the league a 3rd WR is a starter for them.

1b.) How is Tee over payed?

2.)kupp will be 31 by the start of this season and has missed 13 games the past 2 seasons. If he gets injured again or loses a significant step then the Rams are screwed.

But they ran the ball over 46% of their total plays, they like to run the ball. I don't see them paying Higgins big money when they can just get younger at the position (Puka Nakua??).

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 07:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But they ran the ball over 46% of their total plays, they like to run the ball. I don't see them paying Higgins big money when they can just get younger at the position (Puka Nakua??).

Puka is exactly why signing Tee makes sense for them.  They don't have to pay Puka for another 2 seasons and he is on a 5th rd contract. They can afford to pay another  WR 21 million dollars this season if they want to.( they would have to either extend or restructure Matthew Stafford contract).
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Puka is exactly why signing Tee makes sense for them.  They don't have to pay Puka for another 2 seasons and he is on a 5th rd contract. They can afford to pay another  WR 21 million dollars this season if they want to.( they would have to either extend or restructure Matthew Stafford contract).

They still have Aaron Donald to replace on Defense, it's not like Rams are just flush with cap space to throw around.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 11:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Another one of those speculatory articles mentioned the Lions being 'linked' to interest in Tee Higgins, the article went on to suggest their 2nd and 4th round picks. I'm not sure that the Bengals can get a 1st round pick for Higgins, particularly in light of his health and performance last season. If they force him to play on the tag; I fear that we'll have a situation similar to what we went through with Jesse Bates, and many will suggest that he's playing 'cautiously' if he's not balling it out every time he hits the field or misses a catch.

I don't see us trading Tee, we trade him and likely out goes our shot to win it all in 2024.

As far as the cautiously playing comment, I would argue he got allegator arms a few times in 2023, so yes, a definite concern for 2024.

I don't see it happening but would love to see us figure a way before season to sign both Chase and Higgins long term. Yes, we have 2 high paid WR's, but our 3rd receiver if Burton, Usi or Jones are all paid a lot less than Boyd's 10 million in 2023.

We have benefited having 1 great and 1 very good WR on rookie deals, but again, we did not Boyd saving a lot so signing Tee and Chase would be offset some by no Boyd in 2024.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 01:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They still have Aaron Donald to replace on Defense, it's not like Rams are just flush with cap space to throw around.

Kobie Turner had 9 sacks last season as a DT and they drafted frisk in the 2nd RD this season.
J24

Reply/Quote
Why everyone on here talkin like the Bengals aren't gonna do their typical route of having the dude play on the tag and he walks in FA next offseason, resulting in hopefully a 2026 3rd round comp pick?

Come on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why everyone on here talkin like the Bengals aren't gonna do their typical route of having the dude play on the tag and he walks in FA next offseason, resulting in hopefully a 2026 3rd round comp pick?

Come on.

It's June and there is nothing else to talk about. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why everyone on here talkin like the Bengals aren't gonna do their typical route of having the dude play on the tag and he walks in FA next offseason, resulting in hopefully a 2026 3rd round comp pick?

Come on.

Yeah I mean that's reality.  So much so that we should be talking more about number crunching to sign more of our own rather than worry about losing the pick due to a signing offsetting it. May not have the one dude bail us out like this year with the Bates pick.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 12:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Guys at WR got huge paydays in 2024. When 2025 rolls around (the year that Tee would get a 2nd tag in this theoretical) then 2024 IS the previous year.

So the 2025 tag number for Tee's 2nd tag might not just be 120% of his 2024 tag number, it could be higher. A second tag gets either 120% OR the new tag if the new year's tag is more than 120%. The player always gets the higher of the two numbers. So just throwing out a number, if the WR franchise tag in 2025 is $28m, Tee would get $28m for his 2nd tag despite it being more than 120% of his 2024 1st tag.

Not certain it will be more than 120% in 2025, but it is a possibility in play with all these absurd deals getting handed out.

I agree.  As it stands today the AAS of the Top 5 is 30M and will go up with CeeDee and Chase.  But then again Im not sure they can be using average annual salary as Tee is only getting 22M this year and this is seemingly lower than the Top 5 last season.  I also wonder how contracts like Tyreek Hill is considered as his is somewhat fake with the back loaded year? 

These new contracts seem to be more real than Tyreek's and if that is the case 20% of 30M is only 6M which would mean that Tee's 22M is below that threshold and could rise.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 05:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I agree.  As it stands today the AAS of the Top 5 is 30M and will go up with CeeDee and Chase.  But then again Im not sure they can be using average annual salary as Tee is only getting 22M this year and this is seemingly lower than the Top 5 last season.  I also wonder how contracts like Tyreek Hill is considered as his is somewhat fake with the back loaded year? 

These new contracts seem to be more real than Tyreek's and if that is the case 20% of 30M is only 6M which would mean that Tee's 22M is below that threshold and could rise.

It's top 5 over the 5 previous years averaged for Tee's non-exclusive franchise tag. Top 5 for the current year (figured out after FA happens) is for the exclusive franchise tag.

Reply/Quote
The tag will be a bargain again next year.

Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 05:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The tag will be a bargain again next year.

Just sayin'.

If Tee plays decent it would be, but I don't think he would like it and if he puts up another season of just 600 yards and 6 TD's it wouldn't be a bargain.

Dude would be robbing us, that production can be put up for much less dough.
Reply/Quote