Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(05-12-2021, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A good portion of your posts are still dedicated to me.  So you never stopped "engaging".  Instead you just got so embarrassed that now you have to do it while claiming you are hiding.

yet somehow you know exactly what i have "failed to address".  Hmmmmm.  I wonder how that is possible if you really don't read my posts. Hilarious

I wanna know if you support a DNA registry?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Now you are getting as bad as SSF.

You yourself have pointed out that registration laws for single states are useless because of the traffic of guns across state lines.  Sad to see you abandoning your logic in order to join the "gun nuts".

There is still data that can be obtained. There are still statistics that can be run and models created to account for these things. And did you not notice my mention of other countries? I haven't abandoned my logic at all, but that's because I understand how this research works and can be done.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:21 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I wanna know if you support a DNA registry?

Then start a thread about it.

That is a very interesting issue but it does not belong in this discussion.  It is just a lame attempt at distraction.  owning a gun is a voluntary choice.  No one is in favor of people being forced to buy and register guns.

When deciding if a regulation on a fundamental right is justified courts often use 'balancing tests".  Forcing all citizens to submit to a DNA registration is much more extreme than requiring people who make a voluntary choice to possess dangerous weapons to be held responsible for them.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 08:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then start a thread about it.

That is a very interesting issue but it does not belong in this discussion.  It is just a lame attempt at distraction.  owning a gun is a voluntary choice.  No one is in favor of people being forced to buy and register guns.

It's funny that you say that, given this thread is about a girl being shot by police while attempting to stab another girl, but it's been hijacked into a gun rights topic. Using the discussion at hand at an attempt to not answer is dishonest at best.

Fwiw, I'm all for forcing people to own and carry guns. If you know everyone is packing, you're less likely to draw and fire. But even I admit it's an extreme solution to a relatively small problem.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 07:34 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's funny that you say that, given this thread is about a girl being shot by police while attempting to stab another girl, but it's been hijacked into a gun rights topic. Using the discussion at hand at an attempt to not answer is dishonest at best.

Fwiw, I'm all for forcing people to own and carry guns. If you know everyone is packing, you're less likely to draw and fire. But even I admit it's an extreme solution to a relatively small problem.

Dunno bout that, BigP. I think they tried that in Dodge City.  Local citizens were dissatisfied with the results.

[Image: Editor-1200x675-1200x0-c-default.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:12 PM)Dill Wrote: Dunno bout that, BigP. I think they tried that in Dodge City.  Local citizens were dissatisfied with the results.

[Image: Editor-1200x675-1200x0-c-default.jpg]

That's because they were unwilling to let it run its course. 

I'm 100% on board with it taking as many bodies as it needs to weed out shit people.
Reply/Quote