Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature in LA: Hot and more hot
The prediction for Thursday is for record-breaking heat (89 degrees), with a heat advisory. So, from very cold in Cincinnati to record breaking heat in just a few days.

The prediction for Sunday is 87 degrees. The temperature will start dropping about two hours into the game (8:30pm our time, 5:30pm LA time), and may be mid 70s by the end, but this will be one hot game-time temperature.

The week after the game, the temperature goes back into the low 70s and even high 60s, but while the Bengals are practicing and during the game, it will be very hot out.
Reply/Quote
Glad we got out there in time to practice in the warmth and let our players get used to the temperature, as well as the time change!

I think being out in the open air will be good for the players' health and their mindset!

Thank God they're not still in Cinci where there's a bunch of snow and it's going to be in the 30s and 40s until the weekend when it drops into the 20s!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Glad we got out there in time to practice in the warmth and let our players get used to the temperature, as well as the time change!

I think being out in the open air will be good for the players' health and their mindset!

Thank God they're not still in Cinci where there's a bunch of snow and it's going to be in the 30s and 40s until the weekend when it drops into the 20s!

Yes, glad their getting acclimated. But this temperature will be a factor, and the Rams have been acclimated all year. Hope Hendrickson is not hanging onto the net by the end of the first quarter. 
Reply/Quote
They are acclimated to Cincinnati weather but a lot of players played in the SEC on teams that played in brutal heat with smothering humidity.

So thinking with a week to adjust they can manage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This is a dome... game won't be outside. Temp should only be 72 degrees
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This is a dome... game won't be outside. Temp should only be 72 degrees

What he said.

SoFi is climate controlled. It will not be above 75 degrees inside the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This is a dome... game won't be outside.   Temp should only be 72 degrees

(02-08-2022, 10:31 PM)PocketAces32 Wrote: What he said.

SoFi is climate controlled. It will not be above 75 degrees inside the stadium.

According to the below article, it isn't air-conditioned, but will instead have its roof panels open to create air flow.  It's an interesting design.

Quote:Wind moving across the open roof creates a vacuum of sorts over the stadium, much the same way that a wing of an airplane creates lift for the plane. Heated stadium air rushes up to fill the vacuum from inside the stadium, drawing in an equal amount of cooler air that surrounds the structure.

https://ramblinfan.com/2021/06/29/la-rams-sofi-stays-cool-old-school-way-even-rams-heat/
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: According to the below article, it isn't air-conditioned, but will instead have its roof panels open to create air flow.  It's an interesting design.

https://ramblinfan.com/2021/06/29/la-rams-sofi-stays-cool-old-school-way-even-rams-heat/

Plus the top deflects sunlight somehow as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus the top deflects sunlight somehow as well. 

No doubt blinding countless pilots on approach to LAX.  But hey, if you want an omelet you gotta break a few eggs ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all the information about the stadium. I basically heard its considered an open-air stadium with a canopy and without air conditioning. It sounded like a site where inside would be as hot (or cool) as outside. But the information about the hot air flowing out and cooler air in sounds insightful.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: According to the below article, it isn't air-conditioned, but will instead have its roof panels open to create air flow.  It's an interesting design.

According to this article, as you stated: "Wind moving across the open roof creates a vacuum of sorts over the stadium, much the same way that a wing of an airplane creates lift for the plane. Heated stadium air rushes up to fill the vacuum from inside the stadium, drawing in an equal amount of cooler air that surrounds the structure."

But that states drawing in cooler air that surrounds the structure. If the air around the structure is 87 degrees, and given that people create heat, it would seem the best that will happen is moving out the excess heat and drawing in the 87 degree temperature outside the stadium.

It sounds to me like the basic design is to act like a fan, not actually cooling the stadium. At any rate, those who give the impression that Sofi Stadium is some kind of closed dome and climate controlled are not correct. It is considered open-air and without air conditioning. Just a unique design to somehow move out excess heat and keep the air flowing. 
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all the info on this stadium. Weird talking about heat this time of year where I am in below zero weather
right now in Wyoming. I sure would welcome this along with going down the sea level where you can run so much
better without having to catch your breath all the time. Happy we got their today to adapt.

Have plenty of time, would of been a mistake to have waited. Made the right move.
Reply/Quote
Temperature is overrated , it that was true no way 49ers beat GB, the game will be won on the field by two teams not by the sun and heat..
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: According to this article, as you stated: "Wind moving across the open roof creates a vacuum of sorts over the stadium, much the same way that a wing of an airplane creates lift for the plane. Heated stadium air rushes up to fill the vacuum from inside the stadium, drawing in an equal amount of cooler air that surrounds the structure."

But that states drawing in cooler air that surrounds the structure. If the air around the structure is 87 degrees, and given that fans create heat, it would seem the best that will happen is moving out the excess heat and drawing in the 87 degree temperature outside the stadium.

It sounds to me like the basic design is to act like a fan, not actually cooling the stadium. At any rate, those who give the impression that Sofi Stadium is some kind of closed dome and climate controlled are not correct. It is considered open-air and without air conditioning. Just a unique design to somehow move out excess heat and keep the air flowing. 

Wonder how those air currents affect kickers?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: According to this article, as you stated: "Wind moving across the open roof creates a vacuum of sorts over the stadium, much the same way that a wing of an airplane creates lift for the plane. Heated stadium air rushes up to fill the vacuum from inside the stadium, drawing in an equal amount of cooler air that surrounds the structure."

But that states drawing in cooler air that surrounds the structure. If the air around the structure is 87 degrees, and given that people create heat, it would seem the best that will happen is moving out the excess heat and drawing in the 87 degree temperature outside the stadium.

I've never been in SoFi and don't know much about it, but based on my experiences living in CA and CO, dry air is easier to manipulate into feeling cooler by moving it around.  Sit under an umbrella in Ohio in the summer and it still feels miserable.  Sit under an umbrella in the summer out west and it feels cooler.  Add a little moving air (breeze or fan) and it's pretty bearable, sometimes even too cool.  Of course there's an upper limit to this, and Phoenix is still hot as hell in the summer shade or moving air not mattering.  

I guess it's possible the players will be battling heat stroke on the field, but seems unlikely it'll be that uncomfortable or that the Rams will have any advantage.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 07:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Temperature is overrated , it that was true no way 49ers beat GB, the game will be won on the field by two teams not by the sun and heat..

I don’t know about that. I think the 49ers are built perfectly for the cold.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:05 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I've never been in SoFi and don't know much about it, but based on my experiences living in CA and CO, dry air is easier to manipulate into feeling cooler by moving it around.  Sit under an umbrella in Ohio in the summer and it still feels miserable.  Sit under an umbrella in the summer out west and it feels cooler.  Add a little moving air (breeze or fan) and it's pretty bearable, sometimes even too cool.  Of course there's an upper limit to this, and Phoenix is still hot as hell in the summer shade or moving air not mattering.  

I guess it's possible the players will be battling heat stroke on the field, but seems unlikely it'll be that uncomfortable or that the Rams will have any advantage.  

As someone who lives in Tennessee but has gone out to Phoenix for Spring Training, I can definitely support this.
It was scorching sitting in the sun during a day game for Spring Training in March, but it felt way cooler when I moved into the shade.
By comparison, TN summers have some of the most humidity I've ever experienced lol. Shade doesn't help. About the only thing that does is jumping into the lake lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: But that states drawing in cooler air that surrounds the structure. If the air around the structure is 87 degrees, and given that people create heat, it would seem the best that will happen is moving out the excess heat and drawing in the 87 degree temperature outside the stadium.

They should have built a giant underground parking garage beneath the stadium.  The air down there would have always been cooler than surface/exterior air temperature.  Then when the hot air vented out the top of the stadium it would have drawn up the cooler air from underground.

There are actually systems like this to cool homes.
Reply/Quote
RAMS 27 CIN 17

JOE BORROW CAN TAKE HIS GUCCI SUNGLASSES AND LOUIE VITTON PURSE WITH HIM BACK TO CIN

HAVE A NICE DAY
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:16 PM)Davis777 Wrote: RAMS 27 CIN 17

JOE BORROW CAN TAKE HIS GUCCI SUNGLASSES AND LOUIE VITTON PURSE WITH HIM BACK TO CIN

HAVE A NICE DAY

Cool story, guy.  Thanks for the share and screaming while you did it ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote