Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tennessee was weak
(01-27-2022, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another great post from Shake. I am nervous, IT IS THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP in the loudest stadium in the world but I am 
not doubting this team. We got mad heart man, we can score on this Defense and the Titans were a great matchup to really
frustrate our guys on Offense, I know Burrow is frustrated, think he might have even a bigger game than the last time we 
played. The noise is the one thing I think Burrow has kind of brushed aside. There is a difference between the SEC games 
and Arrowhead stadium as Chris Carter said on GMFB with Kay and company.

It will be loud like Burrow has never heard. The thing is I still don't think it phases him as Kay said. Mellow

Speaking of things that phases Burrow? I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a Quarterback take 9 sacs,(eleven really) and still put up the numbers he put up.Check his stats in that game.Impressive.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: One major concern of mine was his record coming off a bye. Dude is flat out an excellent coach.

Yep. If they get a QB lookout.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Browns fans I know are rooting for the Bengals. I love my loser Browns fans.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The Browns fans I know are rooting for the Bengals. I love my loser Browns fans.

Most all of my non Bengals fans friends and acquaintances are pulling for us, but you know the type that doesn't. I find Baker Mayfield so unlikable that I could never root for the Browns if we were out of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:02 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Sick of hearing from my Browns friends about Bengals are only hear because of weak matchups with Raiders and Titans. Titans had no business being #1 seed. Mostly from playing in a weak conference. Never mind the fact that they had really bad luck with injuries this year and still got the #1 seed. Bengals had to play them on the road and we’re finally at full strength. Anyone else getting same crap from opposing fans?  It was a tough game for a reason. We earned our spot in the AFC title game. We ready for the Chiefs. Who Dey!!!!!

If a Browns fan ever opens their mouth, this is the only acceptable way to react. 

[Image: goodfellas-henry-hill.gif]
[Image: john-goodman-laughing.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76116c8d59897018c17887...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: Most all of my non Bengals fans friends and acquaintances are pulling for us, but you know the type that doesn't. I find Baker Mayfield so unlikable that I could never root for the Browns if we were out of it.

Me too

I never hated the Browns (have never been any kind of fan either) like I do since Mayfield arrived. In the dictionary beside arrogant douche is his picture.

The Browns fans are just salty because:

Since coming back in the NFL in 1999 they've had 3 somewhat successful seasons. 2002 9-7 lost WC playoff to Steelers, 2007 10-6, 2020 11-5 beat Steelers WC playoff lost to Chiefs. That's it

In 14 of those 23 seasons what is that 65% of the time ? They've finished with 5 wins or less.
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, the Raiders D matched up way better against us. They get pressure with just their front 4 and blitz less than any other team.

The Chiefs were 8th in blitz rate, and Burrow crushes the blitz.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised (again) by our offense on Sunday.

I'm not sure we are a surprise anymore. It would be nice if our offense goes off this Sunday though!!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So many people were worried about the hoodie, but honestly Vrabel coached the hell out of that team this year. Regular season and playoffs.

Titans were 0-3 as the #1 seed coming into the game last week. Now they are 0-4. 

And "weak" is when your team doesn't make the playoffs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not sure we are a surprise anymore. It would be nice if our offense goes off this Sunday though!!

I have a weird feeling that Sunday's game will unfold in a way no one will expect. Just a weird feeling.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another great post from Shake. I am nervous, IT IS THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP in the loudest stadium in the world but I am 
not doubting this team. We got mad heart man, we can score on this Defense and the Titans were a great matchup to really
frustrate our guys on Offense, I know Burrow is frustrated, think he might have even a bigger game than the last time we 
played. The noise is the one thing I think Burrow has kind of brushed aside. There is a difference between the SEC games 
and Arrowhead stadium as Chris Carter said on GMFB with Kay and company.

It will be loud like Burrow has never heard. The thing is I still don't think it phases him as Kay said. Mellow

I think the KC fans keep poking the bear with the comments about Arrowhead and the noise going to bother Burrow. Just more motivation as they challenge him on this, and as other fans, like the Cleveland fan noted in this thread, insist the Bengals had easy competition until now. 

Yes, KC set out to set a record -- they were informed before the game that they would try to set a record, and they did. And certainly the crowd noise will have an effect: making it difficult to communicate on offense. But Burrow has played before crowds with 25,000 more fans than Arrowhead holds, and the  LSU and Tennessee and Alabama stadiums get very loud. I think one reached over 135 decibels one time without trying to break a record and Tennessee had an eruption that showed up as an earthquake. The team will probably have difficulties. But these fans thinking Burrow will be intimidated, like some QB coming from Lackawanna Community College to play on the big stage, is just motivation.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me too

I never hated the Browns (have never been any kind of fan either) like I do since Mayfield arrived. In the dictionary beside arrogant douche is his picture.

The Browns fans are just salty because:

Since coming back in the NFL in 1999 they've had 3 somewhat successful seasons. 2002 9-7 lost WC playoff to Steelers, 2007 10-6, 2020 11-5 beat Steelers WC playoff lost to Chiefs. That's it

In 14 of those 23 seasons what is that 65% of the time ? They've finished with 5 wins or less.

A Chiefs team that had to put Chad Henne in…

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not sure we are a surprise anymore. It would be nice if our offense goes off this Sunday though!!

I was really just thinking about all the people who are pointing out how we only had 26 against the Raiders and 19 against the Titans. I think we'll score way more than that on Sunday.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:02 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Sick of hearing from my Browns friends about Bengals are only hear because of weak matchups with Raiders and Titans. Titans had no business being #1 seed. Mostly from playing in a weak conference. Never mind the fact that they had really bad luck with injuries this year and still got the #1 seed. Bengals had to play them on the road and we’re finally at full strength. Anyone else getting same crap from opposing fans?  It was a tough game for a reason. We earned our spot in the AFC title game. We ready for the Chiefs. Who Dey!!!!!

Get new friends!
Reply/Quote

Just commented about this on another thread.  It is amazing how little credit the Bengals get for this win.  All that is talked about is the 9 sacks.  

People forget that the Titans are the team that held KC to 3 points.  Not in one half, but in one game.  

They went on a streak where they beat Buffalo, KC, Indy, and the Rams in four straight weeks.

They also had the bye week.

It's ok.  After Joe and the Boys beat KC, there will be no more excuses.  It's their time.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. If they get a QB lookout.

A coworker of mine thinks they'll get Aaron Rodgers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I have a weird feeling that Sunday's game will unfold in a way no one will expect. Just a weird feeling.

With the way everyone keeps mentioning the 9 sacks against the Titans, I'm half expecting Joe Burrow to intentionally take a sack on the first 10 pass plays called, just so he can then throw for over 500 yards in a win against the Chiefs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The OP's experience and post exemplifies how I want our future as Bengals fans to play out.

The Bengals win a a Super Bowl, own the AFC North from season-to-season, the media starts to always cover everything Joe Burrow does, Joe Cool acts like Joe Cool in press conferences, fans of other teams become jealous of all the "Burrow this" and "Burrow that" coverage, and fans of other teams try to rationalize why the Bengals don't deserve the winning or they try to explain away the success.

We'll continue to enjoy Burrow and the Bengals while fans of other teams envy our Bengal fandom.

Who Dey Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Speaking of things that phases Burrow? I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a Quarterback take 9 sacs,(eleven really) and still put up the numbers he put up.Check his stats in that game.Impressive.

Yeah, they mentioned on the NFL radio when you start hitting QB's 4 and 5 times, they get rattled and start hearing footsteps. All of them, even Brady. 

I felt like Burrow was in Michael Myers mode against Tennessee, you can keep killing him, but he just keeps on getting up and coming after you. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The Browns fans I know are rooting for the Bengals. I love my loser Browns fans.

Hell, my brother's a Raiders fan, and he's even pulling for us. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote