Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tennessee was weak
(01-28-2022, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the thing about Burrow he is fearless. Doesn't matter how much you hit him, he will still go off on you on the next play. 
Remember some of the posts during preseason predicting Burrow would be panicking because of the injury, hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts, and would never be the same quarterback he was when drafted? That he'd been ruined by the injury?

That was soon put to rest.

I think if ever that was going to happen, the Tennessee game would have manifested it. I was hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts every time the Bengals snapped the ball, and I was watching on TV. I have no idea how Burrow could take such a beating and still be on top of his game. I've seen other quarterbacks, including Mayfield, and even Mahomes in the Super Bowl, wilt under such pressure. Burrow's special. No doubt about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:02 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Sick of hearing from my Browns friends about Bengals are only hear because of weak matchups with Raiders and Titans. Titans had no business being #1 seed. Mostly from playing in a weak conference. Never mind the fact that they had really bad luck with injuries this year and still got the #1 seed. Bengals had to play them on the road and we’re finally at full strength. Anyone else getting same crap from opposing fans?  It was a tough game for a reason. We earned our spot in the AFC title game. We ready for the Chiefs. Who Dey!!!!!

You've got the wrong friends if they're Browns fans!
Reply/Quote
Meh, one of my best buds is a Browns fans. You can easily be friends with fans of other teams provided everyone keeps it respectable. You have to avoid the delusional. The interesting thing about this Browns fan is that he's never been to a single game in Cleveland. The only Browns gams he's ever attended have been at PBS and at my invitation. Fortunately, neither he nor I could make this year's home game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 12:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Remember some of the posts during preseason predicting Burrow would be panicking because of the injury, hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts, and would never be the same quarterback he was when drafted? That he'd been ruined by the injury?

That was soon put to rest.

I think if ever that was going to happen, the Tennessee game would have manifested it. I was hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts every time the Bengals snapped the ball, and I was watching on TV. I have no idea how Burrow could take such a beating and still be on top of his game. I've seen other quarterbacks, including Mayfield, and even Mahomes in the Super Bowl, wilt under such pressure. Burrow's special. No doubt about it.

Early in the season their was a bit of apprehensiveness, but around mid season that was completely gone.

True about the Titans game. I think we will look back at this game as the biggest early test in his career that prepared Joe 
Burrow for the NFL when it gets the toughest. He still carved that Titans D up with no running game and with terrible protection.

I have a big time feeling tomorrow Joe will have a great game after the Titan test. That Chiefs D isn't the Titans D, far from it.
Reply/Quote