Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tennessee was weak
Tell them shit stains to like better teams. There are 31 other franchises in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:02 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Sick of hearing from my Browns friends about Bengals are only hear because of weak matchups with Raiders and Titans. Titans had no business being #1 seed. Mostly from playing in a weak conference. Never mind the fact that they had really bad luck with injuries this year and still got the #1 seed. Bengals had to play them on the road and we’re finally at full strength. Anyone else getting same crap from opposing fans?  It was a tough game for a reason. We earned our spot in the AFC title game. We ready for the Chiefs. Who Dey!!!!!

Titans were the best defense we have played all year. 

When analyzing teams, the only thing people look at is offense anymore. Defense is half of the game. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Titans were the best defense we have played all year. 

When analyzing teams, the only thing people look at is offense anymore. Defense is half of the game. 

Yep, exactly.  It's long been the sexy take to talk offense only.  I get it.  People love seeing the big play.  But defense has been the story with the Bengals' postseason.  Both the defenses we've faced and the way our D has stepped up.  But short memory and not as much fun to talk about makes the narrative this week all about KC's offense.  It's the popular opinion even here with talk about a shootout and needing to go 40 points to beat the Chiefs.  The Bengals defense has been making some statements and this Sunday they could make the biggest yet. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:02 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Sick of hearing from my Browns friends about Bengals are only hear because of weak matchups with Raiders and Titans. Titans had no business being #1 seed. Mostly from playing in a weak conference. Never mind the fact that they had really bad luck with injuries this year and still got the #1 seed. Bengals had to play them on the road and we’re finally at full strength. Anyone else getting same crap from opposing fans?  It was a tough game for a reason. We earned our spot in the AFC title game. We ready for the Chiefs. Who Dey!!!!!

Just ask them how the Browns are doing in the playoffs this year...
Reply/Quote
The Brown fans that I'm exposed to are so bitter they are beside themselves.  

The Bengals are who the browns were thought to be and not only that, the team probably will re-up the contract on with Baker Mayfield.  The Bengals have Joe Burrow

They are quite bitter and jealous.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just ask them how the Browns are doing in the playoffs this year...

It's funny that you said that.  As when my son the Browns fan called me at the conclusion of the Bengals game last week, his words were "Whoever's calling plays for the Titans should be fired!".  To which I said "Son, you should be congratulating your old Dad for his team's LBs sealing the game with an INT, for the second game in a row", and then quickly followed up with "Hey boy, how did those Browns do this week?".  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Speaking of things that phases Burrow? I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a Quarterback take 9 sacs,(eleven really) and still put up the numbers he put up.Check his stats in that game.Impressive.

I am going to watch the game again today. I look forward to it. That is the thing about Burrow he is fearless.

Doesn't matter how much you hit him, he will still go off on you on the next play. That is as good of a Defense as we will face.

Yes, the Titans Defense is better than the Rams and even the 49ers.

(01-27-2022, 11:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think the KC fans keep poking the bear with the comments about Arrowhead and the noise going to bother Burrow. Just more motivation as they challenge him on this, and as other fans, like the Cleveland fan noted in this thread, insist the Bengals had easy competition until now. 

Yes, KC set out to set a record -- they were informed before the game that they would try to set a record, and they did. And certainly the crowd noise will have an effect: making it difficult to communicate on offense. But Burrow has played before crowds with 25,000 more fans than Arrowhead holds, and the  LSU and Tennessee and Alabama stadiums get very loud. I think one reached over 135 decibels one time without trying to break a record and Tennessee had an eruption that showed up as an earthquake. The team will probably have difficulties. But these fans thinking Burrow will be intimidated, like some QB coming from Lackawanna Community College to play on the big stage, is just motivation.

Was wondering about this myself, college stadiums in the SEC have WAY more fans than in the NFL.

I was surprised that Arrowhead has the Guinness world record. They must of set out to get it as you say.

Think this record will be broken by a college game soon.

(01-28-2022, 11:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, they mentioned on the NFL radio when you start hitting QB's 4 and 5 times, they get rattled and start hearing footsteps. All of them, even Brady. 

I felt like Burrow was in Michael Myers mode against Tennessee, you can keep killing him, but he just keeps on getting up and coming after you. 

Michael Myers, he always comes back lol
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Brown fans that I'm exposed to are so bitter they are beside themselves.  

The Bengals are who the browns were thought to be and not only that, the team probably will re-up the contract on with Baker Mayfield.  The Bengals have Joe Burrow

They are quite bitter and jealous.

That's honestly one of the best parts of this for me. My Browns friends talked so much shit the best few years and now here we are...none of them even acknowledge that there is still football being played right now lol 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Any team that makes it to the playoffs and especially the AFC Championship game earned it.

Can only play the teams that are on your schedule but the Bengals took care of their business in the season, then won at home and on the road. Of the playoff teams left, who is it that anyone thinks has done more?

KC? Lost to the Bengals.
The Rams? Lost to the 49ers twice as well as lost to the Titans...who the Bengals beat.
The 49ers? Lost to the Seahawks twice and lost to the Colts.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Any team that makes it to the playoffs and especially the AFC Championship game earned it.

Can only play the teams that are on your schedule but the Bengals took care of their business in the season, then won at home and on the road. Of the playoff teams left, who is it that anyone thinks has done more?

KC? Lost to the Bengals.
The Rams? Lost to the 49ers twice as well as lost to the Titans...who the Bengals beat.
The 49ers? Lost to the Seahawks twice and lost to the Colts.

Nice post Murdock, forgot that the Rams lost to the 49ers twice, that definitely changes my thoughts on picking the Rams who I was 
going to pick to play us in the Superbowl. Maybe the 49ers just matchup well with the Rams, just like they do with the Packers?

All I know is our game where we narrowly lost to the 49ers in OT was a damn good game and if that is who we play it might go 
down to the wire once again. This time with a Bengals Superbowl victory of course. Wink
Reply/Quote
I thought the same thing going into the game, but then I looked at the Titans schedule and saw the following wins:

Buffalo (34-31)
Indy (34-31)
KC (27-3)
Rams (28-16)
SF (20-17)

Thats a pretty strong list of wins right there. Oddly enough, they also lost to the Jets and Texasns
Reply/Quote
Titans were a legit Superbowl contender. People really should not discount that win for the Bengals. Might end up being the toughest game of the Post Season when we are looking back.

Obviously we can't discount KC and what they do on Offense, but I really like our chances this week. Especially if our defense continues to play at a high level. We are battle tested and ready! This team is special.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I thought the same thing going into the game, but then I looked at the Titans schedule and saw the following wins:

Buffalo (34-31)
Indy (34-31)
KC (27-3)
Rams (28-16)
SF (20-17)

Thats a pretty strong list of wins right there.  Oddly enough, they also lost to the Jets and Texasns

They were Jekyll and Hyde all year. Those losses make no sense and neither do those wins. The Rams game in particular, in LA, banged up and they dominated them from start to finish. Mahomes only putting up 3 points, crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:45 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: They were Jekyll and Hyde all year. Those losses make no sense and neither do those wins. The Rams game in particular, in LA, banged up and they dominated them from start to finish. Mahomes only putting up 3 points, crazy.

They were.  I think they flashed a stat during the Bengals/Titans game that they were 8-1 when they had Julio/Henry/Brown all on the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 06:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They were.  I think they flashed a stat during the Bengals/Titans game that they were 8-1 when they had Julio/Henry/Brown all on the field.

Not to mention their OL being decimated by injuries for most of the year too. We got them at their toughest.
Reply/Quote
Everybody doubting the Bengals makes me happy because these Bengals feed off doubt and love proving folks wrong.

Just got to prove these fools wrong and then beat the 49ers in SB for the coup de grace.

Then return home for the parade in Cincinnati.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Everybody doubting the Bengals makes me happy because these Bengals feed off doubt and love proving folks wrong.  

Just got to prove these fools wrong and then beat the 49ers in SB for the coup de grace.

Then return home for the parade in Cincinnati.

That would be so frickin' awesome and is entirely possible. We have already beat the Chiefs and I think we beat them again 
and maybe even worse on Sunday. The 49ers have already swept the Rams on the season. When we played the 49ers it could
of been anybody's game, they just got the ball last and made it count in OT. I think we start much faster on them the next time
around and we can beat them this time around.

My concern is if the Rams win, Burrow will start out slow trying to figure out their D as it is the first time he has played them.
Reply/Quote
IF we beat the Chiefs, I would much rather face the 49ers. Their offense does not scare me, and that’s the last team Burrow lost to since this winning streak started. We obviously don’t have Phillips back there returning punts, so that should help. It will be a dog fight, but I think Rams star power on defense scares me more than 49ers (even though they do have Bosa).
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 04:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I thought the same thing going into the game, but then I looked at the Titans schedule and saw the following wins:

Buffalo (34-31)
Indy (34-31)
KC (27-3)
Rams (28-16)
SF (20-17)

Thats a pretty strong list of wins right there. Oddly enough, they also lost to the Jets and Texasns

It sure is. Very impressive.

Actually. Has any team beat a stronger list during the regular season?
Reply/Quote
If your in the AFC and watched these playoffs you've come to realize that unless you have one of the thoroughbreads of Burrow/Mahomes/Allen and your next 5-7 years is pretty bleak in AFC. Tennessee is questioning Tannehill already as their answer. Most Browns fans know Mayfield is not the answer and so they are grasping at straws now. I'd feel like crap too if that overly cocky average QB Mayfield was my leader looking at all the young exciting QB's in the league. I live in the Northeast and they are already freaking out about if Mac Jones is gonna be good enough to compete. We are the future and people know it, the illogical hate will only get worse. Time to put a stamp on that with dethroning of the Chiefs tomorrow.
Reply/Quote