Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrance Knighton?
Opinions on grabbing Knighton in FA?

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 10:38 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Opinions on grabbing Knighton in FA?

I would love itTo upgrade DT I just don't know how it would mess with the comp picks.  Currently bengals would get a 4th and 5th next year

I would be all for signing him to a contract that would negate either comp pick, but the bengals organization is all about comp picks. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be up for it, but I think the Bengals are okay with Peko.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Better fit in a 3-4, not worth the cost for the number of downs he plays.

And it may not be the case, but going somewhere for one year and then being a free agent usually raises some flags.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 10:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I would love itTo upgrade DT I just don't know how it would mess with the comp picks.  Currently bengals would get a 4th and 5th next year

I would be all for signing him to a contract that would negate either comp pick, but the bengals organization is all about comp picks. 

Nobody knows what comp picks the Bengals will have next year.  

At this point, they are more than likely looking at a 3rd (possibly 2 3rds) and a 4th.  It all depends on how Sanu and Jones perform next year.  They got big deals.
Reply/Quote
Was he cut? At this point with the comp picks being the deciding factor, we need a thread of just "cut" talent. I can't keep up with who was cut and who is just a free agent.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: Was he cut? At this point with the comp picks being the deciding factor, we need a thread of just "cut" talent. I can't keep up with who was cut and who is just a free agent.

If I remember right, he held out for a bigger check, signed on with Washington for a decent one-year 'show us what you've got' deal. It wasn't renewed.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:20 AM)Benton Wrote: Better fit in a 3-4, not worth the cost for the number of downs he plays.

And it may not be the case, but going somewhere for one year and then being a free agent usually raises some flags.

He just went to a 3-4, he played better in Denvers even front when they had one 2 years ago.

He was cut, so it wouldn't mess up any comp picks, I wouldn't be opposed to another 1 year deal instead of bringing Sims back, and of course we still end up drafting a DT relatively high.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:44 AM)Stormborn Wrote: He just went to a 3-4, he played better in Denvers even front when they had one 2 years ago.

He was cut, so it wouldn't mess up any comp picks, I wouldn't be opposed to another 1 year deal instead of bringing Sims back, and of course we still end up drafting a DT relatively high.

He signed a 1 year deal in Washington.  He was not cut
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He signed a 1 year deal in Washington.  He was not cut

ah, right
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:44 AM)Stormborn Wrote: He just went to a 3-4, he played better in Denvers even front when they had one 2 years ago.

He wasn't cut, Washington let him walk. Like I said a couple posts ago,  I think he waited until the end for a bigger check and Washington was the only one left, but they only wanted to give him a trial run.
Reply/Quote
Well you can only get a max of 4 comp picks. Im not sure how it works if you sign someone to offset. Does it knock out a high comp pick or low comp pick first?

I would say right now we are looking at 3 with Sanu MJ and Lamur. If Andre Nelson and Hall sign decent contracts somewhere I think we will start poking around outside free agents.

He wants a long term deal. Will the fat man hold up til he is 32-33?

If we could get him for 3--4 years 2-3 mil I would be in on that.
Reply/Quote