Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terror in Brussels
Explosions have occurred in Brussels at the airport. Last I heard there were 23 dead, but I have seen conflicting reports. Brussels has been on high alert out of fear of retaliation for the arrest of the last suspect in the attacks on Paris.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266
Terror attack at the Brussels airport. At least 15 dead from some sources at this time. They have been on alert for fear of retaliation since the last Paris attacker was arrested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266

I posted a thread like this in Klotsch as well. Figured I would post in both places so we can keep the inevitable childish bickering in here.
This should come as no surprise. Brussels has a large population of resident Muslims, a lot of whom are dissatisfied. When I was there back in October, there were police all over the place. It was tense then, and that was before the French attack or the refugee crisis taking off.

And I would bet that this attack is from Muslims residents, not recent immigrants... just like the French attacks. The problems with Islam in Europe were deep-seated long before the new immigrants came. And it is far more complex than some talking heads would have you believe.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Not sure this needs two threads.

Will wait to see how it develops.
(03-22-2016, 08:15 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Not sure this needs two threads.

Will wait to see how it develops.

Was just posting this one as kind of a news item. The one in P&R is for those that want to politicize the discussion. This is fort hose that don't. If you want to delete one, though, go for it.
Two bombs at the airport, one by a starbucks and another by a baggage claim counter. Another bomb at a subway station. 28 dead.
Cowards.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-22-2016, 08:13 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: This should come as no surprise. Brussels has a large population of resident Muslims, a lot of whom are dissatisfied. When I was there back in October, there were police all over the place. It was tense then, and that was before the French attack or the refugee crisis taking off.

And I would bet that this attack is from Muslims residents, not recent immigrants... just like the French attacks. The problems with Islam in Europe were deep-seated long before the new immigrants came. And it is far more complex than some talking heads would have you believe.

I 100% agree with this. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(03-22-2016, 09:29 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Cowards.

Ditto.  I'm growing VERY tired of these clowns.

"Better send those refunds..."

(03-22-2016, 10:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ditto.  I'm growing VERY tired of these clowns.

I would agree with this. This might be an ignorant question, but at what point do we join forces together with Europe and form kind of like a world wide coalition against these idiots? 

I feel like its only a matter of time before there is an attack on US soil. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Pretty quiet here on this one.

I wonder which YouTube video sparked this attack.
(03-22-2016, 11:37 AM)Vlad Wrote: Pretty quiet here on this one.

I wonder which YouTube video sparked this attack.

Desperate to be relevant again, Chevy Chase made "Ramadan Vacation".  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-22-2016, 08:13 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: This should come as no surprise. Brussels has a large population of resident Muslims, a lot of whom are dissatisfied. When I was there back in October, there were police all over the place. It was tense then, and that was before the French attack or the refugee crisis taking off.

Spent some time in Brussels in '06.  We ended up getting off at the wrong train station, a few too many past the Grand Place stop.  Ended up in an area with a dense muslim population.  We got a hotel in that area and walked to and from Grand Place several times.  I've never seen anything like it.  Every store front had signs condemning the isreali occupation and US bombing campaigns.  I agreed with them, but I sure as shit wasn't stopping to discuss.
Like no one ever saw this coming Sarcasm
There is a south FL IP address mashing F5 on this page.
(03-22-2016, 12:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There is a south FL IP address mashing F5 on this page.

Hilarious
(03-22-2016, 12:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There is a south FL IP address mashing F5 on this page.

I never knew that was the "refresh" hotkey.  Damn, I learned my one new thing for the month!
(03-22-2016, 11:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would agree with this. This might be an ignorant question, but at what point do we join forces together with Europe and form kind of like a world wide coalition against these idiots? 

I feel like its only a matter of time before there is an attack on US soil. 

I agree with this.  Especially the part about an attack here on US soil.  But......who would we attack?  Where? What would be different than what we are doing now?  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for sending these cowards back to their maker, but what exactly would be different than what's already happening? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(03-22-2016, 08:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is fort hose that don't.

A 'fart hose'?

Say what?!?!?! Ninja
(03-22-2016, 12:19 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Spent some time in Brussels in '06.  We ended up getting off at the wrong train station, a few too many past the Grand Place stop.  Ended up in an area with a dense muslim population.  We got a hotel in that area and walked to and from Grand Place several times.  I've never seen anything like it.  Every store front had signs condemning the isreali occupation and US bombing campaigns.  I agreed with them, but I sure as shit wasn't stopping to discuss.
[Image: sunday.gif]