Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Texans @ Bengals Predictions
Stroud has been up and down (he's a rookie what do you expect?). If we get "up" Stroud it's a close game. If we get "down" Stroud it could be a laugher. I think we win either way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Texans kicker is out for the week. They signed Matt Amendola to their PS to elevate him on Sunday. He's kicked in 15 games over 2 seasons. He's made 18 of 26 FG attempts and 19 of 22 extra points. He most recently kicked for the Houston Roughnecks of the XFL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 02:05 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I am a little curious as to why people keep saying "trap game".  The Texans are 4-4....they aren't 0-8.  I think C.J. is a pretty decent passer.  He is not really a runner though, which should help our D keep him in check.  Predicting a 24-23 loss, so hopefully I keep my being wrong streak intact.

It fits the "trap" archetype just given that the Bengals are sizeable favorites and the game is sandwiched between prime time games against bigger perceived powers (Buffalo and Baltimore).

Still, I don't think the Bengals are likely to overlook a team whose QB just had the greatest statistical performance ever by a rookie.
Reply/Quote
This game really worries me because of how the Bengasls have played rookie QBs in the past. With that said I feel like we should win this one 27-20
Reply/Quote
Stroud has played well against some good defenses like the Steelers but absolutely bottomed out against the Panthers. Like others have said he's a rookie so that's not surprising. But I think that Lou and the defense have shown they can neutralize/contain even the best runners (McCaffery) and QBs (Allen) so I feel pretty good about this one going forward.

The Texans also cannot run the ball for hardly anything so I would make them beat us that way.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 07:28 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: This could be a trap game where the Bengals in the past lose a game where they are expecting a win.

I don't think so this time, the fact that we are currently in last place and are the hunters and not the hunted somewhat spells dividends.

I look for both teams to score often with the Bengals on top.

Bengals 35
Texans 28

P.S. I have both Stroud and Dell on my fantasy football team where I picked them both up on waivers a few weeks ago.  Tongue

(11-07-2023, 11:37 AM)motoarch Wrote: Why do some of you think this is a trap game?

Texas is still in the playoff hunt and coming off a game where their QB had 470 passing yards and 5tds.

This is NOT a trap game.  Texas can win this and the Bengals have to be taking every game as if it's a playoff game at the moment given they are last in their division despite being 5-3.

There are no trap games on the schedule at the moment.

Having said that I think the Bengals D handles the rookie QB easily and Bengals win by 2 scores.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
27-17 Good guys
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Our first 5 TD game of the season.
38-23.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 01:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Our first 5 TD game of the season.
38-23.

Burrow tells Stroud: I see your 470 and 5 TDs and I raise you 550 and 6 TDs. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 40
Texans -23

We have to win these AFC games from here on out. We will not overlook the Texans after Stroud just having the
best game ever by a rookie QB. We are playing too good right now and know we have to execute, the refs were
terrible in the Bills game. Expecting better refs in this one, still not perfect as this is the same main ref of the last
SB where there were headscratching calls.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 07:28 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: This could be a trap game where the Bengals in the past lose a game where they are expecting a win.

I don't think so this time, the fact that we are currently in last place and are the hunters and not the hunted somewhat spells dividends.

Bengals 35
Texans 28

P.S. I have both Stroud and Dell on my fantasy football team where I picked them both up on waivers a few weeks ago.  Tongue

I don't believe this team, with being lead by Joe Burrow, is anywhere near as susceptible to your classic "trap game" as your garden variety Bengals teams of the past. 

Plus as has been pointed out with the hole they dug, again, to start the season. They have little room for error and I'm quite certain they know it. You just can't let games you should win slip by!!
Reply/Quote
I don’t know jack about Houston.

Is their D any good? Any scary pass rushers or shut down corners?

If no, no and and no — we win all day long.
Reply/Quote

Bengals 35
Texans 28

Bengals 31
Texans 20

My first game I will be at in '23. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals dominate the game and Stroud is shut down. Bengals 29 Texans 3
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Bengals 35
Texans 28

(11-08-2023, 03:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't believe this team, with being lead by Joe Burrow, is anywhere near as susceptible to your classic "trap game" as your garden variety Bengals teams of the past. 

Plus as has been pointed out with the hole they dug, again, to start the season. They have little room for error and I'm quite certain they know it. You just can't let games you should win slip by!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bengals - 40
Texans -23

We have to win these AFC games from here on out. We will not overlook the Texans after Stroud just having the
best game ever by a rookie QB. We are playing too good right now and know we have to execute, the refs were
terrible in the Bills game. Expecting better refs in this one, still not perfect as this is the same main ref of the last
SB where there were headscratching calls.

It might be tough for the Bengals to cover that 40 pts that you're predicting as Jamarr Chase has yet to practice this week and now Tee Higgins has a hamstring issue.  Gonna take some tough running and TE magic to get to that 40 pts.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: I don’t know jack about Houston.

Is their D any good? Any scary pass rushers or shut down corners?

If no, no and and no — we win all day long.

They have some good players thanks in part to the Watson trade but they are young and seem pretty beat up for this week. 

Will Anderson, the #3 overall pick last year, hasn't had a great season so far but obviously has the talent. He may be out with a knee injury for our game though. Derek Stingly is a really good young corner but he just got off IR for a hamstring so not sure if he'll play this week. Both of their starting LBs are banged up, one with a knee injury and another with a concussion. Their starting safety also appears to have a knee injury. Greenard has been their main pass rush but no one else should really scare us and he's definitely not on a Watt, Bosa, Garret level. 

I haven't watched many Houston games since they often times play at the same time as us. They're 4-4 and about a middle of the pack as they come. They rank 11th in O points and 14th in D points. Their last 4 games have been quoted score games where they've won 2 and lost 2. 
Reply/Quote
This is a game where Lou cannot allow CJ Stroud to get
Comfortable.him and Tank Dell are developing some
Chemistry in some aspects like JB and Jamar have developed. I think this game will be closer than some
Realize. Not helping the Cats is Higgins and Chase nursin
Some injuries now. Might have rely on the 3 TEs more.
Bengals 31 Texans 24
Reply/Quote
If we don't turn it over we should be fine. 27-17 Bengals
Reply/Quote
I think it’ll be an ugly win for us. Don’t think we blow them out. I think they are better than a lot of people here give them credit for and won’t make it easy on us. At the end of the day, all we need is a W. Style points don’t mean anything.

Bengals win 31-24
Reply/Quote