Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Texans @ Bengals Predictions
(11-09-2023, 09:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It might be tough for the Bengals to cover that 40 pts that you're predicting as Jamarr Chase has yet to practice this week and now Tee Higgins has a hamstring issue.  Gonna take some tough running and TE magic to get to that 40 pts.

This will be the game that shows that Burrow doesn't need those top WR's to get the job done. This is my prediction.

I bet Chase toughens it out anyways and plays some and does well, dude is sore, it happens.

I get the skepticism Sunset, but I am not doubting Burrow right now even without his top 2 Wideouts.
Reply/Quote
Having our top 2 WR banged up is going to make it more challenging,or at least more interesting.Higgins will probably be out,but it looks like Chase probably will play.
Burrow is just zoned in right now 100%.Bengals find a way to win without Higgins.

Bengals 27-20
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This will be the game that shows that Burrow doesn't need those top WR's to get the job done. This is my prediction.

I bet Chase toughens it out anyways and plays some and does well, dude is sore, it happens.

I get the skepticism Sunset, but I am not doubting Burrow right now even without his top 2 Wideouts.

This is my hope as well. We saw Burrow do decently well even when hurt when Tee was a non factor. Problem is that back then Chase was really healthy and was cooking.

But I still don’t think we’ve seen the best of Tyler Boyd yet either. This is a perfect game for him to show what he can do. And dare we ask for another good week from the Three Headed Tight End Monster?

Stranger things have happened…
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
31 - 10 Bengals
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 07:28 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: This could be a trap game where the Bengals in the past lose a game where they are expecting a win.

I don't think so this time, the fact that we are currently in last place and are the hunters and not the hunted somewhat spells dividends.

I look for both teams to score often with the Bengals on top.

Bengals 35
Texans 28

P.S. I have both Stroud and Dell on my fantasy football team where I picked them both up on waivers a few weeks ago.  Tongue

Yes, trap game due to Chase on limited practice and Higgins too injured to practice at all.  Just when we thought Higgins was back, no, he isn't, and Chase dinged up also.  

I'm not saying Bengals can't win with Boyd and the back-ups, but don't expect Bengals to score 40 or 50 points and blow Houston off the field.  As injured as Bengals are, I'll be happy if Bengals get the win.  Get the win and then hopefully be more healthy for that battle with Baltimore determined to take AFC Title from Bengals this year. It's all Baltimore talked about in off season, beating the Bengals, but that is next week.   For now, beat Houston. 

Due to injuries I'll have a conservative score.  

Bengals 23....2 TD's, 3 FG
Houston 20...2 TD's, 2 FG

and McPherson better be making his field goals if both Chase and Higgins are injured.  Especially Higgins who may not even play and has missed most of season. Boyd is the only good healthy WR, and that is a problem. These TE's and back up WR's better have a good day, it may fall completely on them this Sunday. If Higgins can't play and Chase injured also, I have no problem with 2 TE sets that some teams use. Gives Burrow more protection and gives Mixon more blocking, but work out of Center, not the Shotgun, because Shotgun limits you to just a few types of running plays. Burrow under Center opens up more Runs and Play Action. If Higgins out, and Chase gimpy, don't just go Shotgun all game and expect these other stiffs to be as good as Chase and Higgins. They won't get open and Burrow will get hit a lot.

GO BENGALS
Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 09:45 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: This is my hope as well. We saw Burrow do decently well even when hurt when Tee was a non factor. Problem is that back then Chase was really healthy and was cooking.

But I still don’t think we’ve seen the best of Tyler Boyd yet either. This is a perfect game for him to show what he can do. And dare we ask for another good week from the Three Headed Tight End Monster?

Stranger things have happened…

Nice post Chrisball96. Rock On

Boyd has actually had an underrated season, Iosivas has shown a lot of good things in the RZ already having a couple TD's on very 
limited snaps, Chuck Sizzle is back who already had a Punt Return TD on very limited snaps, TI just shows up etc.

Plus Hudson, Irv and Drew having a good game against the Bills makes me feel like we will be alright. Chase is playing...

We might be banged up with our top 2 WR's but that shouldn't hamper us too bad, might be a blessing in disguise getting all these 
other players going and then let Chase rest once we are up big. This is what I see happening anyways, I could be wrong and Joe Brrr
just cannot play well without Tee Higgins, doubt it though, couldn't say this more vehemently lol
Reply/Quote
I’m nervous. And not because of the injuries to Chase and Tee.

I’m nervous about the D making a (bigger) star out of Stroud.

It’s officially a toss up for me. But if we lose it’s going to be on the D.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
As much as I'd like to have Chase out there making plays, I'm curious to see Burrow playing without his best receivers.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27
Texans 13
Big day for Joe Mixon.
Reply/Quote
With the injuries I see on both sides I am leaning toward the hot rookie QB. Regardless, a +6 spread for the Texans makes me want to gamble and place a bet. Perhaps a Bengal win by 3 could give me a win both ways. The defense (again) will need to step up for this game.
Reply/Quote
I think the game plan will be ball control. Mixon goes for over 150 yds and two tds. With Tee out and Chase hurting the passing game will focus on short routes, slants and screens. TE’s will have another good showing and Yoshi gets his third td in the red zone.
Bengals win 27 - 17.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2023, 12:42 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: I think the game plan will be ball control. Mixon goes for over 150 yds and two tds. With Tee out and Chase hurting the passing game will focus on short routes, slants and screens. TE’s will have another good showing and Yoshi gets his third td in the red zone.
Bengals win 27 - 17.

The bengals are the worst rushing team in the NFL and the Texans are actually good at defending the run. With or without chase, bengals will go to the air.

Also? On the Texans side, they are in WAY worse shape from an injury standpoint.

Running back Dameon Pierce (ankle) will miss his second consecutive game. Kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn (quad) and receiver Nico Collins (calf) also will miss Sunday’s game against the Bengals.

Collins did not practice Thursday or Friday after being limited Wednesday.

Safety Jimmie Ward (hamstring) also is out.

Fullback Andrew Beck (ankle/elbow/shoulder), linebacker Jake Hansen (hamstring/hand), tight end Brevin Jordan (foot) and linebacker Henry To’oTo’o (concussion) are the other players who won’t play.

Cornerback Steven Nelson (back/neck), defensive end Jerry Hughes (back) and receiver Robert Woods (foot) are questionable

——-

They have 7 OL on IR or out. Starting 3rd stringers in some position.

The Texans have 12 players on IR right now.

Bengals will win this game and easily cover the spread.

Stroud is doing great things this year but he goes under 250 and under his 1.5 TDs. Their running game stinks before the OL, FB, TE and Rb injuries.

31-10 bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 10:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: With the injuries I see on both sides I am leaning toward the hot rookie QB. Regardless, a +6 spread for the Texans makes me want to gamble and place a bet. Perhaps a Bengal win by 3 could give me a win both ways. The defense (again) will need to step up for this game.

Have you seen the Texans injuries? Worst I’ve seen by any team in recent memory.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 09:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m nervous. And not because of the injuries to Chase and Tee.

I’m nervous about the D making a (bigger) star out of Stroud.

It’s officially a toss up for me. But if we lose it’s going to be on the D.

After holding two of the better offenses in the NFL to 17.5 PPG, I am not worried at all about the defense. It’s going to be the biggest win so far this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This will be the game that shows that Burrow doesn't need those top WR's to get the job done. This is my prediction.

This is correct. No one here talking about how banged up the Texans are. Stroud will be missing his starting RB, WR, most of his starting OL.

I’ll trust burrow against a banged up Texans defense. 31-10 bengals dub
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 04:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: I don’t know jack about Houston.

Is their D any good? Any scary pass rushers or shut down corners?

If no, no and and no — we win all day long.

Good at stopping run. 4 guys in secondary are missing this game, as is one of their starting LBs. bengals should easily be able to put up points. Just look at what baker did last week. Also, bengals D is better (now) than the bucs.
Reply/Quote
I could see this game being close with no Higgins or Hubbard and possibly no Chase but we should still win.

Bengals 24
Texans 17
Reply/Quote
I hope CJ Stroud doesn't turn into Mike White. A lot of our game might fall to Mixon to keep the defense honest and open up our passing game with play-action. Hear that, Zac? Play-action. It's a good term. Please use it. Thanks.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Why do I feel Irv Smith is going to be huge in this game????!!!!! Agree about Mixon getting 100+ total yards and a couple of Teddys!

Joe B goes 24 of 38 for 325 and 2 TDs...one rushing.

Herickson with 2 sacks....Reader with 2 more.

CTB with a pick 6.

It's going to be a route.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 02:31 PM)Housh Wrote: They don’t have the pass rush or the corners to stop us

Were scoring high 30s low 40s

Stroud is also gonna throw a pick

Didn’t plan on the D turning into shit and Boyd dropping TDs but that zone D in the 1st half killed us
-Housh
Reply/Quote