Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Hold 'Em Books On iTunes?
Anyone know of the best Texas Hold 'Em books for tournament strategy on iTunes?

I'm alright and have finished top ten or top five in a lot of big tournaments, but I've also sucked in a lot, and I'm thinking that having better strategy and thought process could hopefully help me do a lot more.

Looking for one by Daniel Negreanu just because I think he's an incredible player, but I'll listen to whatever the best is or any suggestions.

Hoping for something between an hour and two hours just because I could listen to it in segments, but my attention span doesn't last too long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply/Quote
A buddy from high school finished first in a pretty big tournament once. He just played a lot of online poker and learned via experience.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I understand that there are 5 major things to remember to be a successful Texas Hold 'Em player.

I have ordered them here by importance.

1. You got to know when to hold them.
2. Know when to fold them.
3. Know when to walk away.
4. Know when to run.
5. You never count your money, when you're sitting at the table.

As a side note to number five, you should be aware that there will be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:35 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I understand that there are 5 major things to remember to be a successful Texas Hold 'Em player.

1.  You got to know when to hold them.
2.  Know when to fold them.
3.  Know when to walk away.
4.  Know when to run.
5.  You never count your money, when you're sitting at the table.  

As a side note to number four, you should be aware that there will be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done.

rep   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:35 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I understand that there are 5 major things to remember to be a successful Texas Hold 'Em player.

4.  Know when to run.

As a side note to number five, you should be aware that there will be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done.

P.S.  I can make an audio file of this advice for you and have it repeat for less than an hour so it fit's into your attention span.  PM me if you want it!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 05:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: P.S.  I can make an audio file of this advice for you and have it repeat for less than an hour so it fit's into your attention span.  PM me if you want it!!!

Stop it!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote

4.  Know when to run.

I'd have to say...as far as timing, delivery and humor...

I've never seen anything funnier on the internet. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd have to say...as far as timing, delivery and humor...

I've never seen anything funnier on the internet. 

I concur.  I nearly wet myself laughing.  
Reply/Quote

4.  Know when to run.

Actually, every gambler knows that the secret to surviving is knowing what to throw away and knowing what to keep.

But I think that only applies to draw poker instead of hold'em.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.
Reply/Quote

4.  Know when to run.

I won't be able to rep for a whole year. When I can rep again, this gets the first one.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sadly, the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

Ha!

Seriously?!
Reply/Quote
For some strange reason I am craving Kenny Roger's Roasters.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
You remember the time Kenny Rogers had his own Jackass show and he did the bat fetcher trick with his teeth?

Good times.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 01:33 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!

Seriously?!

That's called a pun, and it's not directed at you.  But thanks for singling me out.  Are you even familiar with the song?
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 08:51 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's called a pun, and it's not directed at you.  But thanks for singling me out.  Are you even familiar with the song?

Not at all.

Forgive me for taking it for black and white, given your most recent replies to my posts.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 10:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not at all.

Are you telling me you have no idea why my post is funny to everyone in this thread?  How is this even possible?  

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 08:50 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You remember the time Kenny Rogers had his own Jackass show and he did the bat fetcher trick with his teeth?

Good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV6In1K8zKk

Will Sasso's best work was as Kenny Rogers. 

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 10:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Forgive me for taking it for black and white, given your most recent replies to my posts.

Brad is making some progress.  By asking for forgiveness he is admitting that he made a mistake.  

Good job Brad.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 11:04 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Are you telling me you have no idea why my post is funny to everyone in this thread?  How is this even possible?  

The other day at a restaurant I ran into an old high school friend. Caroline. I said "It's good to see you, sweet Caroline."

Some guys at the next table started chanting "bum bum bum."

I got a little angry — these guys didn't even know me — but she just smiled and said "It never felt so good."

They all laughed, but I feel like I'm missing something.
Reply/Quote