Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas attorney general works around gay marriage decision
(06-30-2015, 07:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you don't have any issues with gay marriage either then?

I don't actually.

I have a moral objection, but I am only responsible for my own salvation. This is why I don't preach at people about religion or God. They have to find him on their own. But none of this matters because it's my personal opinion.

Public services have no choice to who and how they preform. I do think private people and business should always have the right to serve or refuse service. When it infringes on their own freedom. This is why I want a small government.... The smaller the government the bigger our freedom becomes. And the bigger the gov gets the less and less we are free.
(06-30-2015, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: See, there you go again.  You refuse to look at the big picture.  You think it is okay for people to suffer as long as it doesn't happen all the time.  This country is full of people with extreme beliefs.  And if discrimination was allowed then a lot more would come out.  I know here where I live that if a business put out a sign that said "No Gays Allowed" they would start getting most of the business and pretty soon everyone would be doing it.  Christians around here actually think they are "under attack" and they would flock to support a business that "stood up for traditional marriage".   Places that still "supported the sinners" would go out of business.

The fact is that you don't worry how many people will suffer because you know that you are safe in the majority.

Look at the people who follow Glenn Beck and believe that every Muslim is a violent woman beater.  Muslims would suffer extreme levels of discrimination at the hands of Beck followers.  

So because your town is anti gay, anti black.... That's your reasoning for the rest of us to suffer our own freedoms because we have to have relentless regulation because YOUR town isnt capable of treating people correctly?
(06-30-2015, 08:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So because your town is anti gay, anti black.... That's your reasoning for the rest of us to suffer our own freedoms because we have to have relentless regulation because YOUR town isnt capable of treating people correctly?

You are not having your freedom removed in any way.  Under the law everyone gets treated exactly the same way.  Atheist and/or homosexuals cannot discriminate against Christians and Christians can not discriminate against atheist and/or homosexuals.

But to answer your question, yes, the law has to be the same everywhere.  There are no parts of the country that would be free from discrimination.  There are no "perfect" towns or states.
(06-30-2015, 08:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  The smaller the government the bigger our freedom becomes.     And the bigger the gov gets the less and less we are free.

This Supreme Court decision just reduced the amount of Government regulation and increased freedom.

Amazing how the right-wing echo chamber has convinced you of the opposite.
(07-01-2015, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not having your freedom removed in any way.  Under the law everyone gets treated exactly the same way.  Atheist and/or homosexuals cannot discriminate against Christians and Christians can not discriminate against atheist and/or homosexuals.

But to answer your question, yes, the law has to be the same everywhere.  There are no parts of the country that would be free from discrimination.  There are no "perfect" towns or states.

Perfect would be no marrige license at all for anyone. Let us marry who we want to marry. Don't force anyone to participate. Just make it contracts.
(07-01-2015, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This Supreme Court decision just reduced the amount of Government regulation and increased freedom.

Amazing how the right-wing echo chamber has convinced you of the opposite.

Gov adding more to their list is not less regulation.    
(07-01-2015, 11:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gov adding more to their list is not less regulation.    

"More" what?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-01-2015, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: "More" what?

The gov doing more of most anything is a bad thing.
(07-01-2015, 11:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gov adding more to their list is not less regulation.    

(07-01-2015, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: "More" what?

(07-02-2015, 01:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The gov doing more of most anything is a bad thing.

"More..." what?

So if the government removes bans on child labor, that's MORE regulation?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-02-2015, 11:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So if the government removes bans on child labor, that's MORE regulation?

Exactly.  The more regulations the government removes the more freedoms we lose.

Perfect Lucy logic.  That si why he is so against removing any current regulations.
(07-02-2015, 11:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So if the government removes bans on child labor, that's MORE regulation?

Removing is not more.

Child labour is more of an issue for rural areas and family business.

(07-02-2015, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Removing is not more.  

What is "more"?
Gov limitingindividuals and business is "more"

(07-02-2015, 05:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Gov limitingindividuals and business is "more"

"more" what?  
(07-02-2015, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Removing is not more.  

Where it is an issue for is irrelevant. Removing government bans on child labor is "less". I am glad we agree. Likewise, removing government bans on gay marriage is "less".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]