Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas restaurant under fire for bathroom signs
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/restaurant-photos-caitlyn-jenner-bathroom-signs-article-1.3606438

No idea why he is under fire on this, he used the gender of choice. It is hilarious in so many ways.

Quote:Restaurant under fire for using pre, post transition photos of Caitlyn Jenner for bathroom signs

Caitlyn Hitt Nov 2, 2017 9:43 AM
The owner of a Texas eatery is being called transphobic for photos of Caitlyn Jenner covering the bathroom doors in his establishment.

It began with a Facebook post from Dodie's Place Cajun Bar & Grill in August, boasting about the "newest members of the Dodie's crew." Accompanying the post was a photo of the restroom doors covered with photos of Jenner, pre and post-transition.

The women's bathroom featured a photo of Jenner, 68, on the cover of Vanity Fair. The door of the men's facilities was adorned with a picture of the former athlete at the 1976 Summer Olympics, before she came out as transgender.

Although the photos have been covering the restroom doors at Dodie's for several months, the controversy didn't really pick up any steam until Dallas Morning News reporter Dom DiFurio shared a photo of them on Twitter on Oct. 30.

Spencer Pratt says Caitlyn Jenner is ‘bad as a human’

042417119451, 21334631, May not be licensed to Tabloids, Restricted editorial rights for book publishers, please call contact your sales representative
An Allen, Texas, restaurant is stirring up controversy for using pre and post-transition photos of Caitlyn Jenner on bathroom doors. Image by: Taylor Jewell/Taylor Jewell/Invision/AP
Many were quick to defend the Allen, Texas establishment on Facebook and Twitter, suggesting that the use of Jenner's images was merely a joke.

One Facebook reviewer called Dodie's "the most authentic, most delicious Cajun food there is in North Texas," adding that people offended by the bathroom doors should simply not use the restroom.

Others called the photos "hilarious." One particularly unfazed Twitter user wrote, "No *****'s were hurt in making these pictures."

There were several social media users who slammed the restaurant's decision to use the images on their bathroom doors, giving bad reviews and speaking out on various platforms.

Kim Kardashian says Caitlyn Jenner is 'not a good person'

According to the Dallas Morning News, representatives for Dodie's declined to comment on the controversy. Owner Kyle McPherson didn't speak to the press, but did reportedly write on Facebook, under a pseudonym, that the photos "FINALLY" grabbed the attention of the media.
I thought it was funny.

Also pretty brilliant - everyone who tweets outrage over this is giving the guy free marketing.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-06-2017, 01:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I thought it was funny.

Also pretty brilliant - everyone who tweets outrage over this is giving the guy free marketing.

Quote:According to the Dallas Morning News, representatives for Dodie's declined to comment on the controversy. Owner Kyle McPherson didn't speak to the press, but did reportedly write on Facebook, under a pseudonym, that the photos "FINALLY" grabbed the attention of the media.

That's what it sounds like. 

Personally, I think it's pretty funny. If you're a celebrity, comes with the territory. you can't expect to cash in on being a public figure and not get the headache that goes with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-06-2017, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: That's what it sounds like. 

Personally, I think it's pretty funny. If you're a celebrity, comes with the territory. you can't expect to cash in on being a public figure and not get the headache that goes with it.

I saw this somewhere a while ago, sure seems like before Oct. 30th when the Dallas reported tweeted it.  Wherever I saw it must not have been on the radar of the usual SJW crowd.
--------------------------------------------------------

I guess their food can't speak for itself. Seems trashy, but to each their own.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]