Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Draft, player storylines & offseason events RECHARGE Fan interest each year
(12-31-2017, 03:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: To each his own! I just refuse to invest anymore of my money into a team that the owner refuses to invest proper funds into. There’s a difference between not winning and not trying to win. When they have an owner that puts effort into winning, I’ll buy their product again.You can laugh out loud all you want at me for doing that. I could laugh out loud at you for contributing your money to an owner that keeps it instead of reinventing to actually try to win too. I won’t laugh though because I’ve been there too. I just finally got fed up with his shit sandwiches. There are many of us former hardcore fans that now refuse to follow blindly. To me, it’s more sad than a laugh out loud situation. Give us an owner and a Bengals organization that prioritizes winning and I will root like hell for them, regardless of outcome.

Well put. Judging someone’s bengal fandom is analogous to questioning the way some grieves the loss of someone or something important. There really is no right or wrong way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: To each his own! I just refuse to invest anymore of my money into a team that the owner refuses to invest proper funds into. There’s a difference between not winning and not trying to win. When they have an owner that puts effort into winning, I’ll buy their product again.You can laugh out loud all you want at me for doing that. I could laugh out loud at you for contributing your money to an owner that keeps it instead of reinventing to actually try to win too. I won’t laugh though because I’ve been there too. I just finally got fed up with his shit sandwiches. There are many of us former hardcore fans that now refuse to follow blindly. To me, it’s more sad than a laugh out loud situation. Give us an owner and a Bengals organization that prioritizes winning and I will root like hell for them, regardless of outcome.

Like I said if fans don't buy jerseys or go to games Free Agents will avoid Cincy because they won't make as much money even when offered the exact same contract.

It's a double edge sword boycotting. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:29 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Well put. Judging someone’s bengal fandom is analogous to questioning the way some grieves the loss of someone or something important. There really is no right or wrong way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I just feel like winning is way bigger of a deal to us fans than to this owner. I won’t say that about the players or the coaches, their hands are kind of tied.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Like I said if fans don't buy jerseys or go to games Free Agents will avoid Cincy because they won't make as much money even when offered the exact same contract.

It's a double edge sword boycotting. 

I do see what you’re saying. My point is that he won’t sign anyone worth a damn anyways. When they were making the playoffs and selling seats, they were a player or two away from a deep playoff run, what big free agents did he bring in to put them over the top? He had the money, had the cap space and decided to keep that money instead or going for a championship. Now, on the other side.... We just came off of a losing year where everything that I read in print said that the Bengals needed OLine help badly. He let the best 2 guys walk, didn’t draft anything and signed a washed up and often injured former player. Once again, he was way under cap and had money to correct this and try to win. Now if he did spend Jersey and Ticket money on free agency, I’d be right there with you. He does not do that and that’s what we are fed up with. Fans have given money and effort for years, it’s this guys turn. If he doesn’t have a very good offseason, that stadium will be 20-30 thousand next year. Most fans are wising up to his shit.
Reply/Quote