Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank Goodness We Didn't Disrupt Our Core with a Trade!
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Zac is a bit naieve:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
No rush to trade Andy and I can see why they want to keep AJ Green...Now if they had a 4th round offer for Eifert they should have taken it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:08 PM)Synric Wrote: No rush to trade Andy and I can see why they want to keep AJ Green...Now if they hada 4th round offer for Eifert they should have taken it.

Eifert and Glenn. Glenn made it pretty clear he doesn't want to be here.

I guess he comes back and plays now?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:08 PM)Synric Wrote: No rush to trade Andy and I can see why they want to keep AJ Green...Now if they had a 4th round offer for Eifert they should have taken it.

It's 4:10...they're likely faxing the Eifert paperwork in now.
Reply/Quote
And that’s how you lose even in the bye week folks. Sad that we all know we most likely will be pretty bad next year at least.. hopefully in 3 years we can hit 8-8 again!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eifert and Glenn. Glenn made it pretty clear he doesn't want to be here.

I guess he comes back and plays now?

Who knows if anyone offered anything for Glenn...He still hasn't really practiced and has been a team disruption.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Who knows if anyone offered anything for Glenn...He still hasn't really practiced and has been a team disruption.

I don't know. Eifert probably had offers.

Chances of Eifert getting hurt now that we kept him just increased.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Who knows if anyone offered anything for Glenn...He still hasn't really practiced and has been a team disruption.

And the team apparently tried to shop him around, so the Bengals did want out with Glenn as much as he wanted out. 
Reply/Quote
I'm happy about them plugging in Ryanfinley for a fun go of it, but it's not going to stop me from bitching.

They had interest in Green, Eifert, Glenn, Atkins, Dunlap (according to 1 or 2 people) and probably several others and did nothing.

**** THE BUNGLES.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This front office sucks. Geno wont be getting any better and likely start going downhill production wise (if he already hasnt..?). AJ has hard time staying healthy anymore. The Bears could use a QB but keep Andy who you just benched.

This organization is a rudderless ship.*

*heard that on radio, dont want to take credit for a perfect way to describe this franchise.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac is a bit naieve:

I find it hard to believe ZT didn't even google Mike Brown or Bengals before he took the job.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This front office sucks. Geno wont be getting any better and likely start going downhill production wise (if he already hasnt..?). AJ has hard time staying healthy anymore. The Bears could use a QB but keep Andy who you just benched.

*heard that on radio, dont want to take credit for a perfect way to describe this franchise.

With no sails and the engine blown up, listing 15 degrees to starboard taking on water.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This front office sucks. Geno wont be getting any better and likely start going downhill production wise (if he already hasnt..?). AJ has hard time staying healthy anymore. The Bears could use a QB but keep Andy who you just benched.

We have a rudder, it's just old and broken and never actually worked right.  All aboard!
Reply/Quote
The Saints, BIlls, Packers and 49ers all offered 1st round picks for AJ.

3 of those teams are strong contenders for 1st round byes, pushing the pick in the mid 20's

They should have traded to the bills - I doubt they make the playoffs and would have been a 17-21 type pick.

QB at 1/2
LB at 17-21

What a waste
Reply/Quote
Laziest most useless front office in sports. Make the easy in house qb change and head to wendys. That's good for this year so lets meet for family dinner. Lock up the office and grab Duke the illegitament son.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that pisses me off more than not trading anyone, is the rumors to follow what we turned down. That’s if Mikey even answered his damn phone. This one hurt me today, and I only have myself to blame. When news broke that Finley was starting I thought, Wow! Someone must have traded for Dalton, or that a Green was traded since his QB he’s been tied to at the hip was not the QB anymore. F no!!!

Rumor was there was plenty of interest in Eifert, and I like Eifert when healthy but it seems we don’t use him right. He’s healthy for once and it was a perfect time for a trade. Nope. Glenn, hiw the hell did he not get traded for a bag of chips? Guess nobody wanted him which is highly likely. Green, just extend the guy now then, why wait till you have to put bid other teams. Kirk=Joke, I’m sure nobody wanted him. I’m just curious who’s idea it was to announce Dalton demotion hours before the deadline. Did we try to trade him? Seems to send a bad signal to the rest of the league that he’s benched if we were trying to trade him. Might still get something for him in the off season. But if any of the other guys just walk after this year and some will, It will be a waste just like the rest of this season. This owner has no will to win period.

If Finley lights it up which I doubt he will but I totally agree with the move, not the timing. We have to see what we have. But if he does well and Green, Eifert, Adkins etc walk after this year we are screwed.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:36 PM)mt415tress Wrote: The Saints, BIlls, Packers and 49ers all offered 1st round picks for AJ.

3 of those teams are strong contenders for 1st round byes, pushing the pick in the mid 20's

They should have traded to the bills - I doubt they make the playoffs and would have been a 17-21 type pick.

QB at 1/2
LB at 17-21

What a waste

I agree but we could use the pick to move up. Something. We had a chance to really make some moves today to get this team back on track with younger cheaper players while having more to spend in FA ( I know we dont use it) and flat out blew it.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 05:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it hard to believe ZT didn't even google Mike Brown or Bengals before he took the job.

He didn't google "How to run an offense" before taking the OC job at UC, why would he change for Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 08:24 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’m just curious who’s idea it was to announce Dalton demotion hours before the deadline. Did we try to trade him? Seems to send a bad signal to the rest of the league that he’s benched if we were trying to trade him.

That one hit me in the gut too.
Reply/Quote