Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank You Bengals Board Community!
(07-13-2020, 04:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Our message board has become sort of unique, in that it's really the last true Bengals message board still thriving.

I was doing some looking around recently and noticed that the Bengals message board landscape is almost nonexistent outside of ours. Bengals Jungle shut down. Bengalszone is all but dead. Go-Bengals is a ghost town kept alive by a couple dozen members.

This isn't meant to be bragging or anything like that, but to point out how the message board format has had a tough time surviving in the age of social media. Things have gone the way of Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or blog formats like SBNation (Cincy Jungle). There have been a number of pro teams dump their 'official forums' in favor of social media...the Bengals being one of them. 

It makes me really grateful that our site has survived and is still going pretty strong, and that Bengals fans in particular still have a true message board format as a viable option to social media interaction. I think it says a lot about this community and the dedication of our members...and the thousands of guest users we get each week that aren't members but follow us on a regular basis.

I can't even imagine having to depend on social media sites for discussing the Bengals, and other topics as well. I know some people prefer that atmosphere and like the craziness that comes with it, but I'm much more comfortable in this setup. 

So, just wanted to thank everyone here for making sure that we still have an enjoyable place to hang out online as Bengals fans!

I just want to thank you Holic and the rest of the mods man.

I cannot stand social media and don't even participate in it.

This is my go to place and I appreciate everyone here and I don't know what I would do without it. Even in the summer
when it is slow. Awesome to come in and see Harley and Zona's jokes in the other forum and play some Arcade games and
just have some nice conversations. Has really helped this year with the Rona and all. Keeps me somewhat sane, lol
Reply/Quote
You’re welcome
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Same brother. Gonna be a strange fall/winter if there's no football. I'll have to find new reasons to get drunk on Sundays.  Mellow

We could hold our own Bengals season.

How, you might ask?

Easy, just break out the old "Electric Football" game, of '70s popularity.  Add just a teeny bit of weight to the bases of the Bengal players, and they'll "run" right through all of the opposing teams, like they're not even there..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know every time i get put on Time out I try to drum up excitement on a couple of the other boards and there's not a lot to be had. Me and a poster on another site did do a 2-man live mock. We tried to make it 3, but it fell in the "too hard to do" block.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:32 PM)treee Wrote: Pretty good pb. Glad too see ya! I agree no football this year would be real rough.

NFL will do everything it can to be the conduit that returns us to normalcy.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 07:58 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: NFL will do everything it can to be the conduit that returns us to normalcy.

This is what I like to hear, positivity.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anything we can do to help, just let us know :)

This ^^^
Reply/Quote
Thumbs up!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
This is my go to place for Bengals news!!! If I don’t read it on here then it didn’t happen lol
Reply/Quote
Trying to interact about the Bengals on social media is exhausting. It's sad that message boards are dying, but hopefully we can keep this one going strong.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm part of a few Bengals social media groups, but I almost never post in them. There's a lot of drive-by posting and casual fanhood evident throughout most of it.

It's easy to forget when you're immersed in this board for years/decades (counting the mothership), but this board is the most hardcore of the hardcore when it comes to Bengal fans. There are things and attitudes you assume fans have when you exist here, but that's really not the case elsewhere.

In short: We're all beyond hope. We are not normal. I like it.
Reply/Quote
I haven't been very active the last few years, but I've been lurking a lot just to see Bengals news. I've definitely had some good times on this board. Hopefully one day I'll have the time and be as active as I used to be.
Reply/Quote
Holic, I absolutely love the board. I appreciate all you guys do to keep it working. The draft has always been my favorite time of year (probably because that is when we are most optimistic and least heart-broken) and the way we debate players and push them up or down our "boards". The way we share hidden gems. It is awesome.

A lot of the rest of the time (of late) has been spent trying to solve problems with some major flaw in the team, bitching about personnel, and venting some general disdain for their performance.

Despite all that, this board has largely stayed fans for the team and couldn't wait for days when the team would be fun to watch again. I can't remember the team having more talent, a greater impact in free agency, and to top it all off: a rookie QB like Burrow. They may not win it all this year, but expectations outside of cincy are very low and I think this team will be very entertaining to watch and if they start to figure it out mid-season, they could even make a run. I am so looking forward to discussing it with everyone here.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No longer going anywhere Wink

Not bad, PB! And yourself? :)

Doing good, enjoying the summer. What’s new with you?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Our message board has become sort of unique, in that it's really the last true Bengals message board still thriving.

I was doing some looking around recently and noticed that the Bengals message board landscape is almost nonexistent outside of ours. Bengals Jungle shut down. Bengalszone is all but dead. Go-Bengals is a ghost town kept alive by a couple dozen members.

This isn't meant to be bragging or anything like that, but to point out how the message board format has had a tough time surviving in the age of social media. Things have gone the way of Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or blog formats like SBNation (Cincy Jungle). There have been a number of pro teams dump their 'official forums' in favor of social media...the Bengals being one of them. 

It makes me really grateful that our site has survived and is still going pretty strong, and that Bengals fans in particular still have a true message board format as a viable option to social media interaction. I think it says a lot about this community and the dedication of our members...and the thousands of guest users we get each week that aren't members but follow us on a regular basis.

I can't even imagine having to depend on social media sites for discussing the Bengals, and other topics as well. I know some people prefer that atmosphere and like the craziness that comes with it, but I'm much more comfortable in this setup. 

So, just wanted to thank everyone here for making sure that we still have an enjoyable place to hang out online as Bengals fans!
I haven't posted in a while, but this is the best! Thank you Holic and all Mods!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Same brother. Gonna be a strange fall/winter if there's no football. I'll have to find new reasons to get drunk on Sundays.  Mellow

Maybe we can get together for an old Packers Bengals game on You tube and have a live game time discussion here. We can pretend the game is really happening.
Reply/Quote
There is no comparison between Social Media and this Forum. The insight from members here is educational. I appreciate how responsive members are to the needs and costs to continue this forum. I appreciate Holic and Moderators timeless hours as stewards. Thanks!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
You are welcome. "Takes a bow" Dancing
Reply/Quote

Thank you and all the moderators for keeping this site a great place to come to.  In this day and age, it is virtually impossible to keep boards from disintegrating into a vat of crap.  Far too many boards end up with profane, ugly posts that delve into even more ugliness as guys try to prove which one has a bigger.....ego(lol).  I visit many of our opponent's boards during the season.  So many of them are totally unreadable even if they are active.  
We have our moments for sure but you guys help keep things focused on our shared love of the Bengals.  ThumbsUpWho Dey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 02:50 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I haven't been very active the last few years, but I've been lurking a lot just to see Bengals news. I've definitely had some good times on this board. Hopefully one day I'll have the time and be as active as I used to be.

BRING YOUR GREEN HAT
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote