Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Seahawks.....
(11-30-2015, 12:46 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I keep saying this, but beating Denver in Denver is going to be hard.  Gene Atkins has the Sickle Cell trait, meaning he can't play or can only play very little in Denver.  Without him, our D line is not as effective.

I'm confident guys like Brandon Thomspon and Pat Sims will rise to the occasion.  I kind of like the idea of Geno having another bye week two weeks before the playoffs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wow, did not see that happening. would've bet anythiong that Pitt would go into Seattle and walk out with a W. A great day indeed.

seattle is starting to get it rolling. games vs the ravens and browns in the next few weeks should help that even more.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know it could change, but right now the Texans and the Cheifs are hot.  

And either one of those two could advance against Denver and the Colts (assuming the Bengals hold on to the 2 seed)

How ironic would it be if the Bengals hosted the Texans in the second round of the playoffs? 

I actually created a reasonable scenario yesterday on the Playoff Machine that had the playoff seeding being:

1. New England
  2. Cincinnati
  3. Denver
  4. Houston
  5. Kansas City
  6. Buffalo
For this to happen, we will have to beat Denver.  At that point, we will have faced every team seeded below us and only lost to the Texans (and we were damn close to the comeback).
Reply/Quote
I'm honestly not worried about Denver we can beat them.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Kind of surprised so many people thought the Seahawks would lose that game.

Anyway.

This game continued to show the Steelers biggest weakness, their secondary. If you block the blitz well enough, there's passing lanes. The Bengals struggled against that defensive line and it forced quick throws. Limited the playbook.

The Steelers have a tough schedule ahead of them. They play the Colts, Bengals, and Broncos all in a row. They're 3-4 in the conference. The Colts, Texans, Jags, Bills, Jets, and Chiefs all have better conference records. Plus, the Chiefs beat them.

There's a chance the Steelers could end up losing 3 games in a row. They have a good offense, no doubt about it. But they haven't really blown any teams away besides the Browns and 49ers. Dangerous offense, but that secondary scares no one.

22 touchdowns to 9 interceptions. QBs have a rating of 98.9 against them. That's 27th overall. That's below the Ravens and Browns.
Teams are completing 67.1% of their passes against them. That's the worst in the AFC.

Plus, they're turnover machines in the passing game. They've had 16 passing touchdowns to 14 interceptions. Tied for 2nd worst in the NFL.

You may say "Well that's because Ben didn't play". Ben has 11 TDs and 9 INTs.

They're really not as great a team some people make them out to be. They have great potential on offense. But they do struggle quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:46 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I keep saying this, but beating Denver in Denver is going to be hard.  Gene Atkins has the Sickle Cell trait, meaning he can't play or can only play very little in Denver.  Without him, our D line is not as effective. 

(11-30-2015, 03:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: THAT I did not know.

"I knew from my research that it would not be good for me to play in high altitude, so I prayed I wouldn't get drafted by Denver, which is at a high altitude. I ended up in Cincinnati and have played at a very high level without any adverse affects of the sickle cell trait. During the 2011 season we did travel to Denver to play the Broncos and that was the first time I can truly say I felt the effects of the trait. I could not breathe after a 10-play series and had to be given oxygen on the sideline."
--------------------------------------------------------
http://elbiruniblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2012/06/cdc-features-sickle-cell-awareness-day.html

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote