Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving
(11-25-2022, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here is a brief list of things that are better after beating the steelers:

Food
Drinks
Breathing
Sex
Showering
Driving
Walking
Living
Reading
Watching any media
The Economy

Oh, and being on thebengalsboard.com 

Agree and even the air smells fresher
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 01:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You know what I’m thankful for?

All of you — and I do mean ALL of you.  This isn’t just a sports message board; it’s an extended family combined with a support group.  Okay, it’s a very dysfunctional extended family but nonetheless we’re a family.

Being a Bengals fan is easier now but back in the 1990s and from 2016-2020 wasn’t easy either.  We have been there for our team and for each other.  I remember after the horrible 2010 season someone mentioned we’re “a great group to go emo with.”  

You’ve been there for me and I sincerely appreciate it.  You got me through heart surgery twice, a pacemaker install, a hip replacement, back fusion, graduate school, and the birth of my youngest child almost 14 years ago.  I even found a onesie for her to wear which said, “Change Me! I Did a Cleveland in My Diaper.”  

Happy Thanksgiving, Bengaldom!

[Image: giphy-1-5.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

All of you — and I do mean ALL of you.  This isn’t just a sports message board; it’s an extended family combined with a support group.  Okay, it’s a very dysfunctional extended family but nonetheless we’re a family.

Being a Bengals fan is easier now but back in the 1990s and from 2016-2020 wasn’t easy either.  We have been there for our team and for each other.  I remember after the horrible 2010 season someone mentioned we’re “a great group to go emo with.”  

You’ve been there for me and I sincerely appreciate it.  You got me through heart surgery twice, a pacemaker install, a hip replacement, back fusion, graduate school, and the birth of my youngest child almost 14 years ago.  I even found a onesie for her to wear which said, “Change Me! I Did a Cleveland in My Diaper.”  

Absolutely and you're correct it is much easier these days to be a Bengals fan than ever. Yet years of complaining is a hard habit to break sometimes and I am guilty as charged in participating. 

Yet this is a family per there have not been many Bengals fans faithful enough to stick it out through the dark ages as we all did while  always searching for the light we knew would one day come. The mothership even turned her back on us, but the family rallied and this board was born that offered a new place for our debates.

As dysfunctional as we may be, we are the ones who have always been there through the good, yet sadly mostly bad years together. Am thankful for each of you posters for doing so with vigor and passion, regardless of what side of the fence you stood.

Especially Holic for having the vision to build this board when the mothership tossed us to the abyss and the hard work he put forth in making it happen.  Thankful for each person that helps him achieve this as well. 

You all Rock !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here is a brief list of things that are better after beating the steelers:

Food
Drinks
Breathing
Sex
Showering
Driving
Walking
Living
Reading
Watching any media
The Economy

Oh, and being on thebengalsboard.com 

Don’t forget: Global warming, STDs, Tooth extractions and funerals. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t forget: Global warming, STDs, Tooth extractions and funerals. ThumbsUp

With you on three of those, but STDs are better after beating them?  They are just minimized by staying away from female steeler fans.  

I remember laughing so hard at a post AGES ago where some poster slept with female steeler fan (slumpbuster) and he said she "smelled like Rolling Rock and failure".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: With you on three of those, but STDs are better after beating them?  They are just minimized by staying away from female steeler fans.  

I remember laughing so hard at a post AGES ago where some poster slept with female steeler fan (slumpbuster) and he said she "smelled like Rolling Rock and failure".   Hilarious

I meant better as in declined. As for Rolling Rock and failure? Priceless.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t forget: Global warming, STDs, Tooth extractions and funerals. ThumbsUp

Sounds better when sung to We Didn't Start the Fire.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sounds better when sung to We Didn't Start the Fire.

Yes. Yes it does!

Reply/Quote

Great post brother, appreciate it and feel the same way, just different lives but man, this place helps me so much 
especially with my IQ which I think gets lowered anytime I watch the news or TV at times now a days. The only time
I feel like I lower my IQ is when a stealer fans speaks on here which is why I don't go to smack talk often.

Mellow

Rock on FIK!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote