Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Hershey's candy bar you're eating ....
.... Was made thanks to child slaves.

Quote:Before beatings, the boys say they were stripped naked and tied up. They were then pummeled with a variety of weapons, from fists and feet to belts and whips.

Link to the Stink

[Image: Hershey-child-labor-lawsuit-faces-meltdo...ct_xxl.jpg]

[Image: Court-refuses-to-dismiss-Hershey-child-l...ct_xxl.jpg]

[Image: 85b273319453831a145ab614bb471e3b.jpg]
Yeah, unfortunately this has been talked about for a while. I avoid buying Hersheys products because of it.

Absolutely sickening.
(10-12-2015, 01:55 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately this has been talked about for a while. I avoid buying Hersheys products because of it.

Absolutely sickening.

Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

You shouldn't stop there though, Mars and Nestle's are implicated as well.
(10-12-2015, 02:38 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

You shouldn't stop there though, Mars and Nestle's are implicated as well.

Since they are all crappy chocolate, anyway, no hardship there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Well at least these kids are lucky to live in a country where their freedoms are not being stolen by government regulations.
more of a Reese's guy myself anyway.

everyone gets upset when there are slaves yet the UN climate change deal takes money from rich countries and gives it to the same people who enslave their people. Now everyone favors that deal, yet they are upset when they see a kid as a slave.
(10-12-2015, 01:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: more of a Reese's guy myself anyway.

everyone gets upset when there are slaves yet the UN climate change deal takes money from rich countries and gives it to the same people who enslave their people.   Now everyone favors that deal, yet they are upset when they see a kid as a slave.

Jimmy Carter lover !!!
Ninja

Reese's is my fav, too.
Smirk
(10-12-2015, 01:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: more of a Reese's guy myself anyway.

everyone gets upset when there are slaves yet the UN climate change deal takes money from rich countries and gives it to the same people who enslave their people.   Now everyone favors that deal, yet they are upset when they see a kid as a slave.

Guess who makes Reese's?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(10-12-2015, 06:02 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Guess who makes Reese's?

Sad part is that was not the most ignorant part of his post.
(10-12-2015, 06:02 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Guess who makes Reese's?

Welp then I guess I better thank the slaves then.
I like Ghirardelli Chocolate myself

Man that stuff is good although the price is a little high.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(10-12-2015, 01:47 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: .... Was made thanks to child slaves.

Link to the Stink

[Image: Hershey-child-labor-lawsuit-faces-meltdo...ct_xxl.jpg]

[Image: Court-refuses-to-dismiss-Hershey-child-l...ct_xxl.jpg]

[Image: 85b273319453831a145ab614bb471e3b.jpg]

Well, pass along my thanks for them being such good chocolate chefs.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-15-2015, 04:46 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I like Ghirardelli Chocolate myself

Man that stuff is good although the price is a little high.

Well, they aren't owned by Hersey's... soooo...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2015, 07:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Since they are all crappy chocolate, anyway, no hardship there.

^ true.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
And in addition to the abuse of children, there is the matter of PGPR that Hershey uses. It is just one more "harmless" chemical you can choose to eat or not.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
....is pretty darn good.
How about you? Enjoy a good Hershey's bar?
(10-15-2015, 04:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: And in addition to the abuse of children, there is the matter of PGPR that Hershey uses. It is just one more "harmless" chemical you can choose to eat or not.

damn.  had no idea, thanks for the heads up.

glad you told me now.  in a couple of years you'll get sued under TPP for spreading that kind of information.