Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
That Last Play To End The Game
Unbelievable! Burrow under pressure throwing a perfect pass and catch by Tee. Incredible. Was thinking if Lewis was HC, he would've ran the ball four times and given Paddy the ball back with time.

Loved how that game ended and Burrow playing his usual clutch self when given the opportunity. I don't care what anyone says, we have the best QB in the league...
Reply/Quote
After the game Taylor they gave Joe three plays and let him pick.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: Unbelievable! Burrow under pressure throwing a perfect pass and catch by Tee. Incredible.  Was thinking if Lewis was HC, he would've ran the ball four times and given Paddy the ball back with time.

Loved how that game ended and Burrow playing his usual clutch self when given the opportunity. I don't care what anyone says, we have the best QB in the league...

Which game were you watching? I saw a glorious hand off to the QB for him to lightly go down to his knee to end the game.

In all seriousness we were clutch on several plays including Chase keeping his knees off the ground while reaching for the first down. If we didn't need to run out the clock I think we could have scored.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: Unbelievable! Burrow under pressure throwing a perfect pass and catch by Tee. Incredible.  Was thinking if Lewis was HC, he would've ran the ball four times and given Paddy the ball back with time.

I mentioned this in the game day threat: Zac showed a lot of balls having pass as an option. 3rd and 11, KC with no timeouts. A lot of coaches would have run the ball, kicked the FG, and then counted on the defense to keep Mahomes out of the endzone. Instead, Zac went for it. Lot of guts.
Reply/Quote
That was such a clutch throw with the rush right on his heels and Higgins made it look easy. Big time play by both players.

KC got Higbee'd

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I'm not gonna complain now. We got the win and it was a sweet hang in there throw and catch in tight coverage. But rip off 6yds on 1st down I think we pick up 4yds on 3 more tries. But I can't hate putting the ball in Burrows hands when it's all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: I mentioned this in the game day threat: Zac showed a lot of balls having pass as an option. 3rd and 11, KC with no timeouts. A lot of coaches would have run the ball, kicked the FG, and then counted on the defense to keep Mahomes out of the endzone. Instead, Zac went for it. Lot of guts.

Am I crazy. That's one of those spots depending on exact time that's left. I would rather go for it on 4th down over trying a kick to go up 6. Only up 3 I think they might settle for a field goal if we're up 3 but up 6 forces they're hand.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:41 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Am I crazy. That's one of those spots depending on exact time that's left. I would rather go for it on 4th down over trying a kick to go up 6. Only up 3 I think they might settle for a field goal if we're up 3 but up 6 forces they're hand.

I wanted to go for it for the same reason. But 3rd and 11, up 3, I think most coaches would run the ball, and run the clock down versus risking an incompletion and stopping the clock. Then they count on the defense keeping the opposing team out of the end zone. But with Mahomes, he has a history of driving down the field with little time left. I think Zac showed a lot of guts versus the conservative approach of running the ball and the clock.

If Burrow's pass was incomplete, and the clock stopped, a lot of fans would be complaining bitterly about passing the ball on 3rd and 11. I wanted to go for the 1st down because i'd seen too many QBs break my heart at the end of games. I'd rather break their hearts with my QB.
Reply/Quote
I was telling my Dad at the game.... go for the win. Do not give Mahomes 1:10 left to win it.

Thank God we have an elite QB that you can trust to win a game on 3rd and 11.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: I mentioned this in the game day threat: Zac showed a lot of balls having pass as an option. 3rd and 11, KC with no timeouts. A lot of coaches would have run the ball, kicked the FG, and then counted on the defense to keep Mahomes out of the endzone. Instead, Zac went for it. Lot of guts.

Yep, a lot of coaches would do that and Mahomes would make them pay for it.
Reply/Quote
But had we not went for it earlier and kicked the FG, a FG would have put us up by 9 at that juncture.

Yet it all worked out and I have no complaints.

The train is rolling and gaining steam at the right time of year and they've just got to keep that eye of the tiger.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That last throw was the best throw/catch I’ve seen by this team. It was absolutely amazing. How that defender didn’t get Joe I’ll never understand. And the catch was just outstanding. These guys are special.
Reply/Quote
Brrrr
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I actually thought the play was stopped because the defender was so close and Joe looked so comfortable I thought he'd stopped until the ball came out.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But had we not went for it earlier and kicked the FG, a FG would have put us up by 9 at that juncture.

Yet it all worked out and I have no complaints.

The train is rolling and gaining steam at the right time of year and they've just got to keep that eye of the tiger.

But life, and football, doesn't work that way. You don't know what would have happened had the Bengals taken the 3 points at the end of the first half. To say they would have won by 9 assumes things are predestined to go the same way the rest of the game. But maybe the Chiefs with time on the clock at the end of the first half, and timeouts, march down the field and kick a field goal or even get a touchdown before the half. Maybe their play calls change in the second half. We don't know.

I think the best way to describe this is in terms of baseball. It has annoyed me for decades when announcers don't recognize this reality. Say a baserunner gets thrown out trying to steal a base and then the next batter hits a homerun. Inevitably, announcers and fans and players themselves say if the runner hadn't tried to steal, then it would have been two runs when the homerun was hit. But everything has changed. Now the pitcher is throwing from a windup instead of the stretch. The pitch selection is different. Maybe the guy that hit the home run would have popped out.

Basically, things are not predestined to happen the same the rest of the game.

Always best to just enjoy the victories rather than look back. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, a lot of coaches would do that and Mahomes would make them pay for it.

#Marvin
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:51 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I was telling my Dad at the game.... go for the win. Do not give Mahomes 1:10 left to win it.

Thank God we have an elite QB that you can trust to win a game on 3rd and 11.

If they kicked the FG and went up six, that would have been a big ask with no TOS
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:22 PM)Nepa Wrote: But life, and football, doesn't work that way. You don't know what would have happened had the Bengals taken the 3 points at the end of the first half. To say they would have won by 9 assumes things are predestined to go the same way the rest of the game. But maybe the Chiefs with time on the clock at the end of the first half, and timeouts, march down the field and kick a field goal or even get a touchdown before the half. Maybe their play calls change in the second half. We don't know.

I think the best way to describe this is in terms of baseball. It has annoyed me for decades when announcers don't recognize this reality. Say a baserunner gets thrown out trying to steal a base and then the next batter hits a homerun. Inevitably, announcers and fans and players themselves say if the runner hadn't tried to steal, then it would have been two runs when the homerun was hit. But everything has changed. Now the pitcher is throwing from a windup instead of the stretch. The pitch selection is different. Maybe the guy that hit the home run would have popped out.

Yup
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:22 PM)Nepa Wrote: But life, and football, doesn't work that way. You don't know what would have happened had the Bengals taken the 3 points at the end of the first half. To say they would have won by 9 assumes things are predestined to go the same way the rest of the game. But maybe the Chiefs with time on the clock at the end of the first half, and timeouts, march down the field and kick a field goal or even get a touchdown before the half. Maybe their play calls change in the second half. We don't know.

Good point. I've said this all my adult life. For every chain of events, if you change one sequence in that chain, it's unlikely that all subsequent events would play out the same way. Great insight.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If they kicked the FG and went up six, that would have been a big ask with no TOS

Yes for any QB not names Mahomes... throw out the rule book when it comes to him. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote