Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That sound you hear? Our window to compete SLAMMING SHUT
(03-09-2017, 02:43 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: You guys are overreacting a bit.  

We drafted Ced and Fisher to replace Smith and Whit.  You have to stick to that plan.  You can't give up on 1st round picks after one year.  Especially considering Ced was coming off a major injury.  Let's see how these guys do.

Paying a RG 10+ million a year is asinine.  The Bengals are smart to let Z go.  It sucks, but it's the right move.

Dre is the guy the Bengals need to re-sign.

Let's see how this thing plays out...it's still early.

can i give negative rep
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:07 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: can i give negative rep

Yeah...what that guy said was the exact strategy the Bengals took and it was an epic failure.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:43 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: You guys are overreacting a bit.  

We drafted Ced and Fisher to replace Smith and Whit.  You have to stick to that plan.  You can't give up on 1st round picks after one year.  Especially considering Ced was coming off a major injury.  Let's see how these guys do.

Paying a RG 10+ million a year is asinine.  The Bengals are smart to let Z go.  It sucks, but it's the right move.

Dre is the guy the Bengals need to re-sign.

Let's see how this thing plays out...it's still early.

Hoo boy, were you wrong. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
One thing I don't get is we draft guys with major injuries...then they don't play a year...then they play Year 2 and are bad...and people are like 'It's cool. They're coming off of a major injury. Give them another year.'

Well...many times they're able to lift weights and learn the playbook and attend meetings and kind of absorb the NFL lifestyle. They should hit the ground running in Year 2.
Reply/Quote
Wow... I thought this was just another repetitive thread about the end of the road... Turns out somebody dug up an even older repetitive thread about the end of the good ol' days of one and dones.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote