Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That was a ugly win...
(11-01-2015, 08:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We all would prefer perfection every time out.

I really don't expect perfection. The execution on offense and play calling was horrendous most of the game. I can live with a few mistakes, but that was a fiasco. 
Reply/Quote
This was a rare Bengal's game that was on CBS here in south FL. We went grocery shopping, so I didn't get home to see it until halfway through the second quarter, right when LeVeon Bell left the game. The Bengals in the second half had one of the worst drives I've ever seen them do (even the junky 90s teams) when they went backwards and ended up with 3rd and 34 or something.

A while later Andy finally started to get a good drive together and got picked in the end zone, with the Pittsburgh guy taking it out about 50 yards. I was SURE it was a loss!

Wrong!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:23 PM)Utts Wrote: I really don't expect perfection. The execution on offense and play calling was horrendous most of the game. I can live with a few mistakes, but that was a fiasco. 

I look at it like this: The Bengals are going to have games where not everything is perfect, or things are just going bad. The fact that they WIN those games is AMAZING and absolutely what the best teams do. 

They have room to grow, but are still winning. Is they can get better as the season goes on.... THAT is what will win a Superbowl! They have yet to peak, baby!
Reply/Quote
Everything went wrong on the road vs a divisional opponent and they dug deep and found a way. These are the important wins no matter how ugly they are.

Our Bengals are showing some intense mental fortitude this year.

The D finally stood tall and gave us multiple opportunities to overcome ourselves.
And instead of wilting AD rose up when he needed to.

Great win.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:15 PM)pally Wrote: You want ugly...go read the Steele's boards game day thread

Link? That sounds fun to read through LOL
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:28 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Everything went wrong on the road vs a divisional opponent and they dug deep and found a way.  These are the important wins no matter how ugly they are.

Our Bengals are showing some intense mental fortitude this year.

The D finally stood tall and gave us multiple opportunities to overcome ourselves.
And instead of wilting AD rose up when he needed to.

Great win.

Exactly!!!  I'm usually one of the more pessimistic guys here, heck just check out the gameday thread, but the way they keep fighting and come back, shows this team is different and special.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but man it is hard not to!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Sign of a very good team...to win on the road against a good division rival when you do not play your best game!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 09:10 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Sign of a very good team...to win on the road against a good division rival when you do not play your best game!!!

Completely agree, it is indeed the sign of a very good team.
Reply/Quote
I will take ugly wins over pretty losses anytime. Ask the Chargers and Philip Rivers about that one. Also, we were due for one of these games. Every team (except the 07 Pats maybe) has an ugly one in them. Hopefully this is that one.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:37 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I will take ugly wins over pretty losses anytime.

In football and in sex.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: In football and in sex.

So this game was a fat chick? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:39 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: So this game was a fat chick? Ninja

Yup...but we scored and get to brag about it to all our friends.
Reply/Quote
Every victory over the Steelers is an ugly one.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote