Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That was a ugly win...
...but it was so ugly, it was beautiful in a way. Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All W's are a thing of beauty!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:30 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: ...but it was so ugly, it was beautiful in a way.  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

It was ugly to witness, for sure, but, from this point forward, it will be beautiful.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: All W's are a thing of beauty!

Agreed, Bengals teams of the past wouldn't have pulled a 'W' out of that.
Hard fought AFC North Smashmouth football there today.  And this Bengals team out smashed them today.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey it's the AFC North it's usually ugly in this division. May be the same way next game against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
It was ugly, but kind of fitting. How many times have we seen the Steelers close us out in that same way? This time The Bengals won the ugly game. Makes me proud.
Reply/Quote
Man that was hard to watch. Seemed like neither team really wanted to win until the very end. Great job pulling out the win. I'll take it!
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
winning ugly will help prepare us for down the line.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I am guessing the gameday thread was not very pleasant.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:39 PM)McC Wrote: It was ugly to witness, for sure, but, from this point forward, it will be beautiful.

This.

Reminds me of '09 when we got a kick return td and beat them without our offense scoring a td.
Reply/Quote
I'll take it. Regroup and take win #8 in four days.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:39 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Agreed, Bengals teams of the past wouldn't have pulled a 'W' out of that.
Hard fought AFC North Smashmouth football there today.  And this Bengals team out smashed them today.

Yep.  I still wasn't sure they would pull it out, but they were able to pull it together and come out with the win.  It is awesome sitting on top of the AFCN at 7-0!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Yes it was ugly

But one more come from behind 4th quarter win for AD

Also, he is getting close to breaking some QB records of some all time greats in 1st 5 years

This win goes to the defense in my opinion shutting the Steelers down after the TD on their first drive.

But, AJ deserves a lot of credit as does the offense for finding a way in a very tough environment. Then the defense sealed the deal.

I can't wait to see us get a game where all 3 phases play lights out, today the special team were inconsistent, the offense was all over the place and looked dazed and confused, but the defense stepped up big time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
this win is huge for 2 reasons. NE and DEN. I want a #1 seed and this team is heading toward that at break neck speed.
Reply/Quote
Tonight I say - Go Pack Go!
Reply/Quote
Ugly doesn't even being to cover it. Lousy play calling, lousy execution, and like 100-yards of penalties. Not to mention 2 botched snaps. AFC North football is about hard fought, close games - not about sloppy garbage football. Sloppy garbage football is what the offense and Hugh produced for much of the game. In spite of all that the defense kept us in it, which was tremendous.

They made the plays they had to in the 4th Quarter which is the sign of a good team, but I would have preferred to see them come out and play a clean game after 2-weeks of rest.
Reply/Quote
It was ugly, but it was good to see the D step up and be the reason we won today. The offense wasted a ton of opportunities today, but the D kept getting stops and set up the game winning score. Certainly not the game anybody expected, but it was good to see that they can win ugly over a quality opponent on the road.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes it was ugly

But one more come from behind 4th quarter win for AD

Also, he is getting close to breaking some QB records of some all time greats in 1st 5 years

This win goes to the defense in my opinion shutting the Steelers down after the TD on their first drive.

But, AJ deserves a lot of credit as does the offense for finding a way in a very tough environment. Then the defense sealed the deal.

I can't wait to see us get a game where all 3 phases play lights out, today the special team were inconsistent, the offense was all over the place and looked dazed and confused, but the defense stepped up big time.

Right on!!!  I'll keep taking wins like that throughout the rest of the regular season and then the lights out games in the playoffs!   ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am guessing the gameday thread was not very pleasant.

You want ugly...go read the Steele's boards game day thread

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:50 PM)Utts Wrote: Ugly doesn't even being to cover it. Lousy play calling, lousy execution, and like 100-yards of penalties. Not to mention 2 botched snaps. AFC North football is about hard fought, close games - not about sloppy garbage football. Sloppy garbage football is what the offense and Hugh produced for much of the game. In spite of all that the defense kept us in it, which was tremendous.

They made the plays they had to in the 4th Quarter which is the sign of a good team, but I would have preferred to see them come out and play a clean game after 2-weeks of rest.

We all would prefer perfection every time out.

But, I am very optimistic as we are undefeated with lots of room for improvement. I am hopeful we are peaking come January versus limping so I have no concern we played poorly (offense) most of the game because in the end they fought and clawed and won which is very hard to do against a team backed into a corner in front of their home and hostile crowd.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote