Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2016 NFL Draft Pro Day Mega Thread
(03-31-2016, 05:05 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Right, they only move up for BAD players.

Silly me.

Ki-Jana Carter, Matt Schobel, and Russell Bodine. It's amazing that we can count on one hand how many times the Bengals have traded up in the draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 04:29 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Zampese was at TCU's pro day

but Zimmer was personally trying to press Doctson and I'm not okay with that at all

also there's this

Kolby Listenbee ain't no scrub either.

Wouldn't mind getting him later in the Draft. Actually have him in my mock in the 6th.

Doubt he falls that far though but who knows. Doctson overshadowed him at TCU but Listenbee is talented.
Reply/Quote
Why move up and waste a pick ( probably a 3rd or 4th ) when you can get a receiver just as good in the 2nd.  take the BPA in round 1, get sterling shepard in round 2 , and save that 4th round pick for one of these developmental DT/DE's.

BTW I just want to point out that most of the best players on our team were guys who we got in rounds 2-4.  Heck both of our star receivers who just got huge deals were later round picks.  Just makes no sense to break out of a system that works.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Ki-Jana Carter, Matt Schobel, and Russell Bodine. It's amazing that we can count on one hand how many times the Bengals have traded up in the draft.

They don't know how to do it right. So they don't do it.

Undortunate.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kolby Listenbee ain't no scrub either.

Wouldn't mind getting him later in the Draft. Actually have him in my mock in the 6th.

Doubt he falls that far though but who knows. Doctson overshadowed him at TCU but Listenbee is talented.

I mocked him in round 5 and I still think thats good value for one of the faster receivers in this stock.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Why move up and waste a pick ( probably a 3rd or 4th ) when you can get a receiver just as good in the 2nd.  take the BPA in round 1, get sterling shepard in round 2 , and save that 4th round pick for one of these developmental DT/DE's.

BTW I just want to point out that most of the best players on our team were guys who we got in rounds 2-4.  Heck both of our star receivers who just got huge deals were later round picks.  Just makes no sense to break out of a system that works.

I didn't know Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu were star receivers Ninja
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Why move up and waste a pick ( probably a 3rd or 4th ) when you can get a receiver just as good in the 2nd.  take the BPA in round 1, get sterling shepard in round 2 , and save that 4th round pick for one of these developmental DT/DE's.

Disagree with a lot of this. The need for a WR is very dire, we don't really need 7 new players, if we give up a pick this year to assure a quality WR on the roster, I'm seriously considering it.

Plus this class is shite and the likelihood you find a MLJ in the mid rounds again is so very low, that that mindset doesn't translate, just like the mindset to develop mid round Dline talent because you did it once with Geno. 
Reply/Quote
Notre Dame Pro Day had a lot of talent on display. Mayock thinks they'll have 5 of the top 75 players taken. Jaylon Smith was on hand but did nothing but the bench where he put up 24 reps. Best news is he is saying he is squatting 400 pounds and leg pressing 600. Kid is high character and I would definitely risk the 24 pick on him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: I mocked him in round 5 and I still think thats good value for one of the faster receivers in this stock.  

True, Listenbee might go way higher than all of us think just cause of his speed and this class of slow receivers.

He is also a Returner people. Underrated so far by lots of expertitas.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Notre Dame Pro Day had a lot of talent on display. Mayock thinks they'll have 5 of the top 75 players taken. Jaylon Smith was on hand but did nothing but the bench where he put up 24 reps. Best news is he is saying he is squatting 400 pounds and leg pressing 600. Kid is high character and I would definitely risk the 24 pick on him.

31/32 teams were in attendance. I would like to see who, if anybody, from the Bengals were there. It wasn't Zampese since he was at the TCU pro day.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Notre Dame Pro Day had a lot of talent on display. Mayock thinks they'll have 5 of the top 75 players taken. Jaylon Smith was on hand but did nothing but the bench where he put up 24 reps. Best news is he is saying he is squatting 400 pounds and leg pressing 600. Kid is high character and I would definitely risk the 24 pick on him.

The issue is the tear. It's a tissue issue and it's hard to come back from. Some players have, and some haven't. Lattimore is the most recent who had a very similar injury, and sadly we saw how his promising career went.

I'd love Smith in stripes, but that's too high of a risk right there with #24. It doesn't matter what the player says, it matters what the doctor says.

But I do hope he fully heals. He's something special.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 04:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: For the small price of a 4th and a future 4th, I'd move up 3-4 spots in a heartbeat for Doctson or Treadwell if one of them are left.

Certainly a valid thought.   I'd be happy with any of the top 3, but I doubt any of them will be there.  To take Fuller there is just too risky.  He's a boom/ bust kind of guy, and the way he catches the ball I'm thinking mediocre at best.

If they want all their picks I'm OK with them taking the stud DT.   But there is no guarantee that Shepard will be there at 54.   I'd be happier at this point getting one of the top 3 - however we get that done - and taking a DT in the 2nd.  I'm beginning to believe a good one will be there at 55 - Hargrave, Johnson, Clark, Day or Washington.  And there are run stuffers later on in the draft.

I'm pretty sure that's the argument Zampeze is making...   I don't think Green, Eifert, LaFell and a project are going to cut it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 10:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Listenbee might go way higher than all of us think just cause of his speed and this class of slow receivers.

He is also a Returner people. Underrated so far by lots of expertitas.

You should see who CBS compare Listenbee to.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote