Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2019 Draft is contributing what exactly?
(10-03-2019, 04:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I still laugh thinking about all the blind homers that graded this draft as an A or an A+. Nate, NKURyan stick out...there were many others.

This draft was a colossal failure, even if Jonah pans out.

The Sample in the 2nd Round pick is just one that you don't make if you are rebuilding.

Maybe and a big maybe IF you are a championship level team with no weaknesses, you can afford that pick.

But, Bengals management looked at the roster...and had all of those players available and thought blocking TE was a huge weakness that needed addressed in the 2nd Round.
Reply/Quote
You don’t pick a Drew Sample in round 2 if you have the talent of the 72 Dolphins. There is no value to be had. Players like what one hopes he may one day become are fungible commodities.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The funny part about the sample pick is that everyone said the pick was to make us like the Rams TE's. I am watching the Rams vs Hawks and both Rams TE's are like big WR's. The are quick after the catch. Not blocking TE's for sure.
Reply/Quote
Draft picks like that Simple and the ones after him just reinforces my assumption that the front office is incapable of rebuilding this team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Most of the times I see Pratt on the field, it's because I see #57 getting pushed 10 yards down field by a blocker...
Reply/Quote
Where is this amazing blocking TE anyway? Did he play a single snap today? I hated the pick and the whole draft but then of course some said it was a smart draft and anyone that hates it just dosent know football. Hmmm
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Where is this amazing blocking TE anyway? Did he play a single snap today? I hated the pick and the whole draft but then of course some said it was a smart draft and anyone that hates it just dosent know football. Hmmm

The Bengals could get the #1 overall pick, trade it for 2 7th Round picks and select kickers with them both, hold a kicking competition...and some fans on this board would talk about how a kicker is more important than a QB.  Sarcasm

Look how many people got psyched up that Bobby Hart was going to improve into a quality tackle.

I guess to be a Bengals fan you have to irrationally assume things like this.

Now people are pretending that BOTH of our starting Tackles are out in Glenn and Williams. The reality is that Hart was penciled in to start all along.
Reply/Quote
The Sample pick was by far the worst pick of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Sample pick was by far the worst pick of all time.

It reminded me of the Sean Brewer pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Sample pick was by far the worst pick of all time.

Bs. He’s a great TE that was under used in college n can really block well. I was told that ?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bs.   He’s a great TE that was under used in college n can really block well.    I was told that    ?

Yeah...we put Tyler Eifert out there who runs around like he's made of tin. He looks like he has no agility.

The Sample whiff is the kind of pick that screws up a draft.

Imagine if we took DK Metcalf. Then you trade Green for a 1st. Roll with Boyd, Metcalf, and Ross.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals could get the #1 overall pick, trade it for 2 7th Round picks and select kickers with them both, hold a kicking competition...and some fans on this board would talk about how a kicker is more important than a QB.  Sarcasm

Look how many people got psyched up that Bobby Hart was going to improve into a quality tackle.

I guess to be a Bengals fan you have to irrationally assume things like this.

Now people are pretending that BOTH of our starting Tackles are out in Glenn and Williams. The reality is that Hart was penciled in to start all along.

Anything this front office says has to be considered wishful hoping, a prayer or just out right bull turds.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...we put Tyler Eifert out there who runs around like he's made of tin. He looks like he has no agility.

The Sample whiff is the kind of pick that screws up a draft.

Imagine if we took DK Metcalf. Then you trade Green for a 1st. Roll with Boyd, Metcalf, and Ross.

If Ross can't stay healthy I'm almost thinking they should move on.

Boyd is the only WR showing stability out of the whole WR corps.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If Ross can't stay healthy I'm almost thinking they should move on.

Boyd is the only WR showing stability out of the whole WR corps.

Agreed. Outside of Boyd, the only receiver who has even looked somewhat like a capable NFL receiver is Auden Tate. The offense is just in pitiful shape. This a pretty disappointing end to what was a really fun string of years. Even if they let us all down in the playoffs, at least we knew the Bengals were going to a good team. Now, I just look forward to making fun of them on Sundays. I guess it is less stressful but still sucks.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agreed. Outside of Boyd, the only receiver who has even looked somewhat like a capable NFL receiver is Auden Tate. The offense is just in pitiful shape. This a pretty disappointing end to what was a really fun string of years. Even if they let us all down in the playoffs, at least we knew the Bengals were going to a good team. Now, I just look forward to making fun of them on Sundays. I guess it is less stressful but still sucks.

Tate should be a situational WR.  Perhaps 4th-5th WR on a decent healthy squad.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Where in the hell is Drew Sample. Damn stupid draft pick fu Zack Taylor if you made this pick. Sean Brewer anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agreed. Outside of Boyd, the only receiver who has even looked somewhat like a capable NFL receiver is Auden Tate. The offense is just in pitiful shape. This a pretty disappointing end to what was a really fun string of years. Even if they let us all down in the playoffs, at least we knew the Bengals were going to a good team. Now, I just look forward to making fun of them on Sundays. I guess it is less stressful but still sucks.

Tate as a 4 or 5 is ok. Tate as a 2 or 3 isn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Where is this amazing blocking TE anyway? Did he play a single snap today? I hated the pick and the whole draft but then of course some said it was a smart draft and anyone that hates it just dosent know football. Hmmm

For the second round, would you take a TE or a LB?   Which would you take knowing where our real needs were. I know you know. Just makes one shake their head as to who is giving direction to this team. 
Reply/Quote
At least our 1st round draft pick in 2018 was doing an awesome job filling up bottles with Gatorade to give to the o-lineman that actually were playing.....and they suck. And yes, I did witness him doing that. Talk about a Bust.
Reply/Quote