Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-18-2023, 10:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow really?  What did they get for him? 

At worst a 6th (2023) and a 4th (2024). At best 5th and 2nd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At worst a 6th (2023) and a 4th (2024). At best 5th and 2nd

Why did they trade him? Health?

Ridley is a damn good WR when healthy, could be a great pickup by the up and coming Jags.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 05:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think we can safely guesstimate Bell+Hurst will cost $15-18 mill APY toward the cap.
Apple safely $4-5 mill (he counted $3.75 mill this past year).
Perine I think will get a boost in his cost, maybe $3-4 mill.
Flowers $2 mill (he signed for just under this this past season).
Adomitis $1 mill (Bengals need a LS)
-------------------

PFF had a projected salary of $7mm for Bell and $9.5mm for Hurst so you are pretty spot on with their projections.   If Hurst is $9.5mm annual salary-- I let him walk.      I don't think he's worth $9mm and this draft is absolutely loaded with TE's that the Bengals can get a cheap replacement even as late as the 4th round. (Maybe even later, but I wouldn't want them to press their luck.) There are some solid run blocking TE's that are decent enough pass catchers that would work in this offense. 

I just think the approximate $9mm for Hurst would be better utilized elsewhere. There are going to be a few guys who the Bengals can add at a discount on 1 year prove it deals like they did this past season with Hurst.    Guys who want to win a SuperBowl and are willing to take a little less for that chance.   

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:33 PM)ladeda Wrote:  PFF had a projected salary of $7mm for Bell and $9.5mm for Hurst so you are pretty spot on with their projections.   If Hurst is $9.5mm annual salary-- I let him walk.      I don't think he's worth $9mm and this draft is absolutely loaded with TE's that the Bengals can get a cheap replacement even as late as the 4th round. (Maybe even later, but I wouldn't want them to press their luck.) There are some solid run blocking TE's that are decent enough pass catchers that would work in this offense. 

I just think the approximate $9mm for Hurst would be better utilized elsewhere. There are going to be a few guys who the Bengals can add at a discount on 1 year prove it deals like they did this past season with Hurst.    Guys who want to win a SuperBowl and are willing to take a little less for that chance.   

I agree about Hurst.  I also kind of doubt he hits the 9m number, but who knows?  The abundance of TEs in the draft could have a lot of teams thinking that it would be better to draft a rookie than shell out for a veteran.  

I'd be all over 7m for Bell.  
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Or Tampa Bay...

(02-17-2023, 09:14 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think it’s Tampa as well

Atlanta's offense is already set up better for Jackson's "skills". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At worst a 6th (2023) and a 4th (2024). At best 5th and 2nd

So not much.  Wow.  Drake London is going to be a strong weapon for them with Pitts, but they need another outside speed option on offense to make it all work. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:33 PM)ladeda Wrote:  PFF had a projected salary of $7mm for Bell and $9.5mm for Hurst so you are pretty spot on with their projections.   If Hurst is $9.5mm annual salary-- I let him walk.      I don't think he's worth $9mm and this draft is absolutely loaded with TE's that the Bengals can get a cheap replacement even as late as the 4th round. (Maybe even later, but I wouldn't want them to press their luck.) There are some solid run blocking TE's that are decent enough pass catchers that would work in this offense. 

I probably should have clarified that I wouldn't spend more than $7 mill on Hurst.
I'm willing to go $8 mill, possibly up to $10 mill on Bell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I probably should have clarified that I wouldn't spend more than $7 mill on Hurst.

Those would be my numbers as well
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 11:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I probably should have clarified that I wouldn't spend more than $7 mill on Hurst.

Ok. I almost hit "post reply" before i realized i had read that completely wrong. 

I agree on Hurst. I would love to have him back but i don't know if i'd even go so high as to double his salary from last year. Prolly 6M cap for me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 03:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok. I almost hit "post reply" before i realized i had read that completely wrong. 

I agree on Hurst. I would love to have him back but i don't know if i'd even go so high as to double his salary from last year. Prolly 6M cap for me. 

While I get that, I would think his camp could justify getting a deal around what Uzomah got last year ($8 mill APY).
If Hurst is willing to sign for $6 mill or less, it's a no-brainer for me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sport Trac is predicting 2 years and 6.9M for Larry Ogunjobi. Sign me up for some of that
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 10:04 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Sport Trac is predicting 2 years and 6.9M for Larry Ogunjobi.  Sign me up for some of that

I'd do that as well. He'd be a nice pass rush 3rd down rotational piece up the middle that we've been missing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We have got too more than any year, draft smart on the Oline and develop these guys. I know Williams is one of the lower ranking LT’s in the league and Collins struggled on the right but we are just not in a good position to go out and buy the best. Develop develop develop. I would throw everything at both lines this draft. If a player like a Mayer falls to us (unlikely) you have to grab him. He can help with blocking and creating miss matches down field in the absence of Higgins, if he moves on. Other than that, beef up both lines. It all starts and ends there. Just fix it already.

As for Mixon, never was a fan so it didn’t matter what I say. Would love to get another back that can make shit happen but that’s another thread.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 09:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We have got too more than any year, draft smart on the Oline and develop these guys. I know Williams is one of the lower ranking LT’s in the league and Collins struggled on the right but we are just not in a good position to go out and buy the best. Develop develop develop. I would throw everything at both lines this draft. If a player like a Mayer falls to us (unlikely) you have to grab him. He can help with blocking and creating miss matches down field in the absence of Higgins, if he moves on. Other than that, beef up both lines. It all starts and ends there. Just fix it already.

As for Mixon, never was a fan so it didn’t matter what I say. Would love to get another back that can make shit happen but that’s another thread.

If you cut Mixon that frees up 10 million in cap space that could be spent on the Oline.  Why spend 12.7 million on Mixon when you could get the same production with another RB for a much cheaper plus help the Oline
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 10:04 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Sport Trac is predicting 2 years and 6.9M for Larry Ogunjobi.  Sign me up for some of that

Yep, and I'm sure he'd like to come back and play beside Reader again.
Reply/Quote

(02-21-2023, 10:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd do that as well. He'd be a nice pass rush 3rd down rotational piece up the middle that we've been missing. 

(02-22-2023, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and I'm sure he'd like to come back and play beside Reader again.

I would welcome back Larry O. Should be over his injury and we could bring him back and have him punish the stealers QB's 
and it would save us a pick even though I do really like Mazi Smith. Zach Carter isn't that pass rushing 3-tech that Larry O has
shown to be and BJ Hill is decent, he is just a better run stopper than pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty easy going regarding the Bengals so what I want to see happen this offseason if for Mike Brown to call me up and tell me he's written his family out of his will and leaving me as his sole beneficiary of it all.. I'm really not asking for much, am I? I dunno..Maybe I'm being a bit unrealistic about my future..   Mellow Knowing my rotten luck I'd die three seconds before Mike..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Three things I'd like to see:

1) Re-sign Bell.
2) Add more weapons. TE, WR, RB. Plural.
3) Improve OL depth. OT and OG. Maybe C, too.
---------------

Next level down:
1) Pratt re-signed
2) Hurst re-signed
3) Perine re-signed
4) Add a defensive playmaker/disruptor
Reply/Quote
#1 has to be improving the Oline. We have blown a chance to have two Super Bowl titles because of subpar O-lines. It should be the top priority. We dont want to be here again next year saying the same thing over and over again.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 05:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Three things I'd like to see:

1) Re-sign Bell.
2) Add more weapons. TE, WR, RB. Plural.
3) Improve OL depth. OT and OG. Maybe C, too.
---------------

Next level down:
1) Pratt re-signed
2) Hurst re-signed
3) Perine re-signed
4) Add a defensive playmaker/disruptor

I guess if we traded a mid rounder for Bolles a lot of this is possible. But it is going to eat up the cap just retaining our own.

Tee is the X-factor along with if Mixon's contract is restructured or we just cut him to free up cap space.
Reply/Quote