Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
The 49er fumble and the reffs
(12-13-2021, 01:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Explain this thread, then.

Ninja

Easy, its a thread talking about the officiating.. You don't like it? Move on.. I'm not the only one saying it. Check the media out today.. Obvious bias, and I never blame the officials. We still should've won despite all this, so it didn't stop us from winning, but it sure as hell didn't help...
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I agree on the Mixon getting taunted. But really, the Bengals lost this game. You just can't spot the team 10 points on muffed punts in a close game and expect to win. The Bengals looked nervous out of the gate. Couldn't hang onto the ball. The 9ers looked like the better team in terms of their ability to dominate the line of scrimmage as well. Deserved to lose this one. Taylor could have attacked the corners more from the get go as well. Too many mistakes to come out of this with a W.

I'll say it again. This team is not there yet. We've had plenty of opportunities to prove we are for real. Each time we shit the bed and came out looking terrible. You only get so many chances. I don't see this team making a deep playoff run. It's looking doubtful we make the playoffs, but I won't rule it out.

Lots to build off going into next year though. Hopefully we see some major improvements in key areas such as the offensive line in the offseason.

I think the fumble calls you speak of were very borderline and the refs probably made the right calls. The taunting penalty on Mixon should have been called if they were going to call the other one though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Refs were terrible. So were the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:55 PM)pally Wrote: Do you mean that play where the ball carrier was clearly down? or the one where they were blowing the whistle because the player's forward process was clearly stopped as the Bengals had pushed him 5 yards backwards?  

neither play was a fumble

The second one. The fumble occurred a split second after the first whistle. I think it is more frustration than anything - no one is saying that it should have been a fumble, just a frustratingly close call to being a fumble. 
Reply/Quote
It's hard to complain about the refs when our punt returner basically gift-wrapped the Niners half of their points.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:00 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, I agree on the Mixon getting taunted. But really, the Bengals lost this game. You just can't spot the team 10 points on muffed punts in a close game and expect to win. The Bengals looked nervous out of the gate. Couldn't hang onto the ball. The 9ers looked like the better team in terms of their ability to dominate the line of scrimmage as well. Deserved to lose this one. Taylor could have attacked the corners more from the get go as well. Too many mistakes to come out of this with a W.

I'll say it again. This team is not there yet. We've had plenty of opportunities to prove we are for real. Each time we shit the bed and came out looking terrible. You only get so many chances. I don't see this team making a deep playoff run. It's looking doubtful we make the playoffs, but I won't rule it out.

Lots to build off going into next year though. Hopefully we see some major improvements in key areas such as the offensive line in the offseason.

I think the fumble calls you speak of were very borderline and the refs probably made the right calls. The taunting penalty on Mixon should have been called if they were going to call the other one though.

It still doesn't excuse the officiating being this bad. I'm not even blaming the loss on it.. I blame Zac and Phillips for that..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:04 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's hard to complain about the refs when our punt returner basically gift-wrapped the Niners half of their points.

We have threads for that. This is about the bias officiating in the league.  We aren't the only team it goes against. Talk to some saints fans..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The second one. The fumble occurred a split second after the first whistle. I think it is more frustration than anything - no one is saying that it should have been a fumble, just a frustratingly close call to being a fumble. 

After the First whistle   which means the play is dead.  forward progress was stopped that rule has helped us in the past too
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:55 PM)pally Wrote: Do you mean that play where the ball carrier was clearly down? or the one where they were blowing the whistle because the player's forward process was clearly stopped as the Bengals had pushed him 5 yards backwards?  

neither play was a fumble

The second one. I get it being "forward progress" but it seemed like the whistle came pretty damn quick, like a couple seconds after the defender was even touched. 

Seems like a lot of whistles have been quicker this year. I think the NFL is avoiding trying to get guys actually tackled to the ground. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: After the First whistle   which means the play is dead.  forward progress was stopped that rule has helped us in the past too

Lol I understand, I'm not arguing that it should be a fumble. I'm just saying it was frustratingly close to being a fumble. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lol I understand, I'm not arguing that it should be a fumble. I'm just saying it was frustratingly close to being a fumble. 

So was our Kickoff return right after we fumbled the punt and gave SF another TD before half....  I thought that was closer to a fumble that the play you guys are talking about (starting to miss Brandon Tate)
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The second one. I get it being "forward progress" but it seemed like the whistle came pretty damn quick, like a couple seconds after the defender was even touched. 

Seems like a lot of whistles have been quicker this year. I think the NFL is avoiding trying to get guys actually tackled to the ground. 

They didn't whistle when Mixon had 4 raiders on him and kept plowing, what was different about this? He wasn't even being pushed backward yet..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The second one. I get it being "forward progress" but it seemed like the whistle came pretty damn quick, like a couple seconds after the defender was even touched. 

Exactly. It's a BS. They have all these stupid rules to help the reffs control the outcome more. There is nothing anyone can do about it either...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:05 PM)Tony Wrote: We have threads for that. This is about the bias officiating in the league.  We aren't the only team it goes against. Talk to some saints fans..

Here is a nice long thread from a really pissed off fan base after yesterday

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/236529-if-anyone-wants-to-say-the-nfl-isnt-rigged-please-re-watch-that-game/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
it was a clear fumble
Reply/Quote
Yesterdays game wasn't lost because of the stripes. Many Bengals players didn't perform by turning the ball over and the head coach had poor decision making by playing for the FG instead of the win in OT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:01 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Refs were terrible.   So were the Bengals.

True, but it's still no excuse for the reffs to call it so 1 sided..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it was a clear fumble

I agree 100% ... 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote: Here is a nice long thread from a really pissed off fan base after yesterday

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/236529-if-anyone-wants-to-say-the-nfl-isnt-rigged-please-re-watch-that-game/

I feel their pain, but I still can't blame the loss on the Zebras. We still had our chances.. Still not an excuse for them to be so bad..You could just feel the bias yesterday as the game went...
Reply/Quote
Sitting here watching the replay in slow motion over and over. It was not a catch. No matter how much I wanted him to secure the ball and take two steps, there is only one. Incomplete pass....
Reply/Quote