The AFCN Has Figured Us Out...
...and Zac hasn't adjusted yet.

3 games vs division:
0-3
16.7 points/game

5 games elsewhere:
4-1
27.2 points/game

Burrow's stats show just how much our pass offense has hit a wall within the division.

Burrow vs AFCN:
77.5 rating
5 TD to 6 INT
9.6 yards per *completion* (long and even medium throws are shut down...league average is usually around 11.5)

Burrow vs everyone else:
118.4 rating
12 TD to 0 INT (wow)
12.0 yards per *completion*

It's honestly even worse than the stats suggest, as we logged a couple of junk TD's last night.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
One pony show
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and Zac hasn't adjusted yet.

3 games vs division:
0-3
16.7 points/game

5 games elsewhere:
4-1
27.2 points/game

Burrow's stats show just how much our pass offense has hit a wall within the division.

Burrow vs AFCN:
77.5 rating
5 TD to 6 INT
9.6 yards per *completion* (long and even medium throws are shut down...league average is usually around 11.5)

Burrow vs everyone else:
118.4 rating
12 TD to 0 INT (wow)

It's honestly even worse than the stats suggest, as we logged a couple of junk TD's last night.

What was last year? Or are we just going to use a 3 game sample size as fact? Our offense has been poor against any competent defense, all year.

Burrow has a 304 yard passing game and his huge 459 one. Outside of that he has no others over 300 yards. His next best was against the Steelers. Pittsburgh was also our 2nd best offensive game on the year, based on yards, where we out up 432. 

The Browns obviously have us figured out but it's laughable to act like the Steelers or Ravens do.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: What was last year? Or are we just going to use a 3 game sample size as fact? Our offense has been poor against any competent defense, all year.

Burrow has a 304 yard passing game and his huge 459 one. Outside of that he has no others over 300 yards. His next best was against the Steelers. Pittsburgh was also our 2nd best offensive game on the year, based on yards, where we out up 432. 

The Browns obviously have us figured out but it's laughable to act like the Steelers or Ravens do.

I think you both have points. The Jets, Saints, and Falcons either had depleted secondaries and/or refused to play Cover 2. And didn't have elite pass rushers.

Teams with a good pass rush go cover 2 and we can do nothing.

Zac can't adjust.

We should gave beat the Rams in the SB...but he didn't adjust.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think you both have points. The Jets, Saints, and Falcons either had depleted secondaries and/or refused to play Cover 2. And didn't have elite pass rushers.

Zac can't adjust.

I’m no expert,but even I can see what’s wrong with this Offense the majority of the time in adjusting to defensive schemes.The TV analysts,including former Quarterbacks,professionals,can see his ludicrous play calling.But Zac just doesn’t seem to get it.

I’m not trying to insult the guy or anything,but,it just makes me wonder,what’s going on inside his brain?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think you both have points. The Jets, Saints, and Falcons either had depleted secondaries and/or refused to play Cover 2. And didn't have elite pass rushers.

Zac can't adjust.

Cover 2 was not the issue with Cleveland, they got way too much pressure with their front 4.. you can call it cover 7... and Burrow started dumping off way too much because of the pressure he got or assumed he was going to get... plus we could not run.. fix the line and then see if the Offense improves.. which to me is replace Pollack first...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: What was last year? Or are we just going to use a 3 game sample size as fact? Our offense has been poor against any competent defense, all year.

Laughable? What games were you watching?

Our 3 worst offensive showings were within the division.

It is what it is. Bad defenses could be covering up an even bigger problem, I'll give you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Laughable? What games were you watching?

Our 3 worst offensive showings were within the division.

It is what it is.

The games actually being played. What about you? We averaged 32.5 points against the Steelers last year and 41 points against the Ravens. Stop it. 

We put up 438 yards (2nd most this year), 32 first downs (most this year), and 20 points (with a missed FG and extra point) against the Steelers and that was with 5 turnovers. 

Against Cowboys the next week we had 254 yards, 19 first downs, and 17 points...which was worse? 

Outside of the Miami game the Ravens are only giving up 20 points a game. We scored 17. We definitely didn't play well but are averaging 33 in our last 3 games against them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:45 PM)TheFan Wrote: The games actually being played. What about you? We averaged 32.5 points against the Steelers last year and 41 points against the Ravens. Stop it. 

We put up 438 yards (2nd most this year), 32 first downs (most this year), and 20 points (with a missed FG and extra point) against the Steelers and that was with 5 turnovers. 

Against Cowboys the next week we had 254 yards, 19 first downs, and 17 points...which was worse? 

Outside of the Miami game the Ravens are only giving up 20 points a game. We scored 17. We definitely didn't play well but are averaging 33 in our last 3 games against them. 

The Steelers have a much worse roster than the Cowboys. Shoulda been a win.

But the pressure and turnovers turned it. They totally outschemed us. The yardage kind of hides that.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:45 PM)TheFan Wrote: The games actually being played. What about you? We averaged 32.5 points against the Steelers last year and 41 points against the Ravens. Stop it. 

You stop it. Let's just ignore that the Steelers game was a turnover bonanza. Whatever helps you sleep, I guess. I am talking specifically about this year. Last year's results mean jack squat.

Teams compile film, analyze tendencies and draft players to help stop the best teams in their division. This is football 101.

If you feel better pretending we haven't been worse in general against our division, then good for you.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You stop it. Let's just ignore that the Steelers game was a turnover bonanza. Whatever helps you sleep, I guess. I am talking specifically about this year. Last year's results mean jack squat.

Teams compile film, analyze tendencies and draft players to help stop the best teams in their division. This is football 101.

If you feel better pretending we haven't been worse in general against our division, then good for you.

Yep. We're 0-3 against a division that has a 2 win team and a 3 win team. It's not like it's a loaded division.

We legit could go 0-6 or 1-5 in division.
Reply/Quote
Burrow has turned it over (INTs) against all 3 division teams.

He has 0 INTs against any of the other 5 teams we have faced. Not to mention our offense has been completely stagnant.

Let's not twist this and act like I'm saying our offense has been perfect outside our division, but they most certainly have been better outside of the division while they have looked completely lost in all 3 AFCN games.

If you say otherwise, come with facts. One game against the Cowboys doesn't do anything to my point when we've played 5 games outside the division.
Reply/Quote
Lets stop playing primetime we stink, that has not changed much with Burrow, we are 0-2 this year in division and have Steelers in primetime.. crap...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and Zac hasn't adjusted yet.

3 games vs division:
0-3
16.7 points/game

5 games elsewhere:
4-1
27.2 points/game

Burrow vs AFCN:
77.5 rating
5 TD to 6 INT

Burrow vs everyone else:
118.4 rating
12 TD to 0 INT (wow)

These other coaches make Zac look completely amateurish and out of his league. These guys are working with less and producing more and all Zac says "It will be fine" 

We have no excuse preferring this poorly on offense with the weapons we have and yet here we are.

My biggest fear is the predictability of Mike Brown and his stubborn ways. That to me will equal Zac being here for quite some time regardless of how the Bengals perform. 
Reply/Quote
Being 0-3 in the division that may only feature 1 playoff team (if bengals don't wake up) is not a good start.

Not giving up hope that it can't be reversed yet though., Steelers was a 3 point overtime loss that a bad snap cost us in regulation and Ravens was a 2 point loss. Both games the Bengals played absolutely horrible.

Browns ? Not sure Bengals can beat them this season with how badly they dominated the trenches last night, hoping I'm wrong though. But last night was definitely a "face meet palm" moment.

3-3 in division is the best the Bengals can end up, feel it's more likely to have a 2-4 ceiling though, and God forbid because 0-6 is not off the table.

Would have never expected this going into season. They've got to figure this out soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Cover 2 was not the issue with Cleveland, they got way too much pressure with their front 4.. you can call it cover 7... and Burrow started dumping off way too much because of the pressure he got or assumed he was going to get... plus we could not run.. fix the line and then see if the Offense improves.. which to me is replace Pollack first...

Don't be shocked, but i agree with you. Mostly...

The problem is turnstiles at the tackle position. Firing Pollack and bring anyone else in will not matter when your tackles can't slow EDs down.

Cover 2 doesn't matter now that Burrow knows he can't just go out there and fling it deep every other down. Pick at the defense and then hit them when they go man. 

There are two massive problems with this team right now and those are 1. Bad tackles when facing good EDs and 2. Joe Mixon and his inability to gain any semblance of yards or pass block at an even average level. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:37 AM)GodFather Wrote: These other coaches make Zac look completely amateurish and out of his league. These guys are working with less and producing more and all Zac says "It will be fine" 

We have no excuse preferring this poorly on offense with the weapons we have and yet here we are.

My biggest fear is the predictability of Mike Brown and his stubborn ways. That to me will equal Zac being here for quite some time regardless of how the Bengals perform. 

Not going to dispute any of this per it is spot on, but believe a good OC could change things around.

Think he can be and is a good HC, but not sold he will ever be a good play caller or in-game decision maker   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't be shocked, but i agree with you. Mostly...

The problem is turnstiles at the tackle position. Firing Pollack and bring anyone else in will not matter when your tackles can't slow EDs down.

Cover 2 doesn't matter now that Burrow knows he can't just go out there and fling it deep every other down. Pick at the defense and then hit them when they go man. 

There are two massive problems with this team right now and those are 1. Bad tackles when facing good EDs and 2. Joe Mixon and his inability to gain any semblance of yards or pass block at an even average level. 

I 100% agree this is our big issue so far this season on offense. Those check downs to the RB usually have been the correct decision, since the defense plays back so much, nobody is open. If Mixon makes a man miss, that changes those 1-yard plays to 8-10 yard plays. Mixon is killing us this year. The tackles just compound it because he has to continue to get rid of the ball quick because they can't slow down the pass rush. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 08:23 AM)Garrus Wrote: I 100% agree this is our big issue so far this season on offense. Those check downs to the RB usually have been the correct decision, since the defense plays back so much, nobody is open. If Mixon makes a man miss, that changes those 1-yard plays to 8-10 yard plays. Mixon is killing us this year. The tackles just compound it because he has to continue to get rid of the ball quick because they can't slow down the pass rush. 

Cool
Reply/Quote
Dont know how much of a factor it is, but the entire AFCN have DL's that are better than our OL. Its rough going for Joe playing in this division behind this OL. However, they are showing improvement except Jonah. He's getting worse.
Reply/Quote