Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Abortion Question
(09-29-2015, 01:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

Google it, it's great.
(09-29-2015, 11:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I love how the fact that a fetus is dependent on his or her mother is somehow a reason FOR abortion.

I love how people try to ignore the fact that it is possible to keep a human child alive outside of the womb, but it is completely impossible, even with all assistance possible, to keep a fetus alive outside the womb.

The entire question comes down to balancing individual rights of the mother against individual rights of the child.  Until the fetus becomes an individual then it is not entitled to individual rights greater than those of the mother. 

It is a legal argument about the rights of an individual.  Not a philosophical argument about when life begins.

The fetus is not entitled to any individual rights until it is an individual.  And as long as it is impossible to live without the host mother it is not an individual.
(09-29-2015, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love how people try to ignore the fact that it is possible to keep a human child alive outside of the womb, but it is completely impossible, even with all assistance possible, to keep a fetus alive outside the womb.

I guess the obvious question is: Then why take it out?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-29-2015, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess the obvious question is: Then why take it out?

This could be answered any number of ways but I would argue that it all boils down to one answer.  She does not want it in there.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

If a woman is gang raped and gets pregnant from said act, who am I to tell her she has to keep that baby?
Who am I to tell her she has to keep those STD's she contracted from said act.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(09-29-2015, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess the obvious question is: Then why take it out?

Doesn't matter.  It is the mother's right.

In this country we don't say that people should only have freedom to do something if they can give a reason that I agree with.

Carrying a baby and giving birth is a huge obligation that some women are not capable of handling.
(09-29-2015, 04:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If a woman is gang raped and gets pregnant from said act, who am I to tell her she has to keep that baby?
Who am I to tell her she has to keep those STD's she contracted from said act.

Morning after pill.
(09-29-2015, 05:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Morning after pill.

Suddenly you as a Catholic endorse the morning after pill?

By the way, so much for that whole "PRO-CHOICERS R CONFUZD ABOUT WHEN LYFE BEGINS BUT PRO-LIFERS ALL AGREE". I hear all kinds of pro-lifers claim that Plan B is an abortion.
(09-29-2015, 05:36 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Suddenly you as a Catholic endorse the morning after pill?

By the way, so much for that whole "PRO-CHOICERS R CONFUZD ABOUT WHEN LYFE BEGINS BUT PRO-LIFERS ALL AGREE". I hear all kinds of pro-lifers claim that Plan B is an abortion.

You must not have been on the board long. I have been an advocate of the morning after pill, as a compromise to abortions. So that there are no exceptions.
(09-29-2015, 05:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You must not have been on the board long.  I have been an advocate of the morning after pill, as a compromise to abortions.   So that there are no exceptions.

I believe that you advocate it; I'm questioning your dedication to your Church in doing so.
(09-29-2015, 05:45 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I believe that you advocate it; I'm questioning your dedication to your Church in doing so.

That's rich coming from someone who is anti religion.
(09-29-2015, 05:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's rich coming from someone who is anti religion.

It's rich to point out the fact that you don't actually live by what you pretend to live by?

I dunno, I thought it was much more rich that you don't actually live by what you pretend to live by. Me pointing it out was far less interesting.
(09-29-2015, 05:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You must not have been on the board long.  I have been an advocate of the morning after pill, as a compromise to abortions.   So that there are no exceptions.

Where would you stand on a 3 months after pill were it to become available? 
(09-29-2015, 05:50 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It's rich to point out the fact that you don't actually live by what you pretend to live by?

I dunno, I thought it was much more rich that you don't actually by what you pretend to live by. Me pointing it out was far less interesting.

Lol it's funny that you try so hard. Keep it up scooter
(09-29-2015, 05:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Where would you stand on a 3 months after pill were it to become available? 

renaming an abortion the "3 month morning after pill" is not the solution
(09-29-2015, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: renaming an abortion the "3 month morning after pill"  is not the solution

The solution to what?  You realize women were terminating pregnancies well before our current abortion method and they were far more gruesome and damaging to women.
(09-29-2015, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: renaming an abortion the "3 month morning after pill"  is not the solution

"Renaming an abortion the 'morning after pill' is not the solution."--All the anti-Plan B pro-lifers
(09-29-2015, 06:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The solution to what?  You realize women were terminating pregnancies well before our current abortion method and they were far more gruesome and damaging to women.

How did the outcome differ for the unborn child?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-29-2015, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How did the outcome differ for the unborn child?

Only unconscious blobs matter, not stupid born women.