Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Alamo
Does anyone else ever day dream about the Alamo?  What would have happened if the defenders would have had 2 or 3 Gatlin guns with 10k rounds of ammo readily available? Or the WWI German machine gun? Strategically placed through out the compound.  Would that have stopped Mexicans from winning the battle?  What if they had another 100 well equipped soldiers?  What if they would have had 3 larger cannons from the Civil War era?

What would have been the minimum amount of help they would have needed to successfully repel the Mexicans from storming the Alamo that morning? 

Has anyone else ever thought about this or is this my first clue that maybe I should go get some professional psychiatric help?   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They eventually would've been worn down, especially if they had more troops (more mouths to feed).
Reply/Quote
True.  but if memory serves, that last battle was the culmination of weeks of bombardment by the Mexicans into the Alamo, keeping everyone inside up and unable to go to sleep.  That last night they finally stopped bombing the place and let the defenders finally sleep.  Then in the early, pre morning dawn, they assembled and assaulted the fort while most everyone was still sleeping inside, preventing many soldiers from being ready at their posts.  I think they first started the assault around 4am and it was all over with by 6:30 or 7am.  Could a couple of properly placed, properly equipped, machine guns kept the Mexicans at bay? 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
You're having weird dreams. Seek professional help!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 05:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're having weird dreams.  Seek professional help!

Thanks man.......that's what I've been thinking. 

Reply/Quote
I bet they had more ammo and firepower in the basement. Ninja
Reply/Quote
What if Jim Bowie hadn't been sick? 

Reply/Quote
They shoulda' built a wall. Oh wait, Trump wasn't there was he?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 05:59 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I bet they had more ammo and firepower in the basement. Ninja

[Image: 11a73c94623c55fc6f80ec65ef5fa6c3.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 02:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What would have been the minimum amount of help they would have needed to successfully repel the Mexicans from storming the Alamo that morning? 

[Image: sharks-with-lasers-700x450.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've always tried to think of the least firepower I could use to help win a war. I think a single Colt 1911 could have done some real damage in the Revolutionary War.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 02:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Does anyone else ever day dream about the Alamo?  What would have happened if the defenders would have had 2 or 3 Gatlin guns with 10k rounds of ammo readily available? Or the WWI German machine gun? Strategically placed through out the compound.  Would that have stopped Mexicans from winning the battle?  What if they had another 100 well equipped soldiers?  What if they would have had 3 larger cannons from the Civil War era?

What would have been the minimum amount of help they would have needed to successfully repel the Mexicans from storming the Alamo that morning? 

Has anyone else ever thought about this or is this my first clue that maybe I should go get some professional psychiatric help?   

I'm gonna go with the latter.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 06:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What if Jim Bowie hadn't been sick? 

What if they had David Bowie?

Who needs psychiatric help now?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 12:41 PM)xxlt Wrote: What if they had David Bowie?

Who needs psychiatric help now?

What if David Bowie had a Bowie knife? 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:46 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: What if David Bowie had a Bowie knife? 

What if he brought that knife to a gun fight?

And what if his opponent was Sam Bowie?

Would Sam Bowie betray the Bowie legacy, and use the gun?

Or would he do the honorable thing, and throw down the gun and pull out his own Bowie knife?

And what if Jim Bowie was officiating?
Reply/Quote
I daydream about the Alamo myself. It's mostly because I live the song Ballad of the Alamo by Marty Robbins. I know you're a big old country fan Hawk. Do you like him?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 09:29 PM)jason Wrote: I daydream about the Alamo myself. It's mostly because I live the song Ballad of the Alamo by Marty Robbins. I know you're a big old country fan Hawk. Do you like him?
I love the song... I don't live it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 12:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've always tried to think of the least firepower I could use to help win a war.  I think a single Colt 1911 could have done some real damage in the Revolutionary War.

Just the pistol?

I'd think it should be loaded...

And maybe have extra ammo since there are more than seven soldiers in an army.
Reply/Quote
What if they had an M-1 Abrams tank at the Alamo?

eff mexico and eff santa anna then!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 09:30 PM)jason Wrote: I love the song... I don't live it.

Thank you for clarifying that. I was ready to share my meds with you for a second there.
Reply/Quote