Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals And Rocky
I realized how the Super Bowl is equally inspiring with the loss as it would be with a win. Ohio is a blue-collar state and rooting for this team after all the years of loss really came to an eclipse with this season in a way it never did with Marvin.

Rocky got all the way to the final act and still lost.

Of course Stafford, OBJ and all the other top-tier signings that LA has in its glitzy new stadium full of money won the thing. It shocks me that the broader NFL narrative isn't how spectacular it is that the Bengals got this far after being projected to come in last in our own division let alone the AFC.

Burrow is what the American dream is about that dude brought us to the Super Bowl with an offensive line that could probably be made better with five college starters. He is the MVP of the Super Bowl no question about it. Came back in and drove us down the field to the best of his ability with no time on the clock.

Alot of fans said they didn't care if they lost to the Titans because we were just proud that they made it this far after thinking they would only win six games. Take a minute to think about that! It disappoints me that there's not a weird counter celebration for the Bengals in mass media.

We should all be pumped for next year because the pressure is on. If we win the Super Bowl in the next three years it will be the greatest comeback in NFL history. Losing the Super Bowl makes it that much better.

I think the NFL portrays an unfair attitude about winning.

At the end of the day if you were a blue-collar kid aiming to be the next Amazon but came out being something a little bit short of that it would still be a massive success. The story of the Bengals season this year is insane.

Who in real life is expected to win at all? There's no such thing. It's really kind of insane that they made it this far and I think that our hype about them potentially winning their first Super Bowl and then losing overshadowed that. If you think about all of this from Burrow's perspective - what he had to do this year to get us this far with such a shitty line? It's incredible.

Anyways it's just funny to me how football is supposed to be the All-American sport yet no one has brought up the rocky parallels.

Who Dey!!
Reply/Quote
It's nice that the 'parity' of the league has caught up to the Bengals. Finally! Playoff wins and the occasional SB!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's nice that the 'parity' of the league has caught up to the Bengals. Finally! Playoff wins and the occasional SB!

Poor Lions. No question worst franchise in NFL maybe in all professional sports. Orioles and Knicks come to mind. We cant realistically be in that conversation anymore.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Poor Lions. No question worst franchise in NFL maybe in all professional sports. Orioles and Knicks come to mind. We cant realistically be in that conversation anymore.

I feel like Washington in the NFL is pretty bad too. Maybe Pirates in baseball?

In the NBA it used to be the Clippers. Knicks are in bad shape.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Washington in the NFL is pretty bad too. Maybe Pirates in baseball?

In the NBA it used to be the Clippers. Knicks are in bad shape.

They have SB's They in a bad place dont get me wrong. Lions have 1 playoff win since 1957!
Reply/Quote
Eye of the Tiger
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
There isn't only one movie and one attempt. We weren't supposed to be there, imagine what will happen when people think we are supposed to get there. We will defy the odds and get there again, with Burrow behind the line.
Reply/Quote