Poll: Do you plan on attending, and which date do you prefer?
I DO NOT plan on attending
I DO plan on attending - Sunday September 18th 4:25 PM Bengals at Cowboys is my vote
I DO plan on attending - Sunday October 9th 8 PM Bengals at Ravens is my vote
I DO plan on attending - Sunday November 27th 4:25 PM Bengals at Buccaneers is my vote
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board Meetup
I am trying to gauge interest in a first ever Bengals Board meetup.

I know a lot of times these kinds of things can be all talk...but I really think we have enough of a following here to make something like this happen every year. I'd love to get at least 10 people committed to make this a reality.

So, here's what I am thinking. I am going to throw out three dates that we meetup, watch a Bengals game, throw some back, and have a good time together. Which ever date has the most votes is the date we will go with.

Locationwise, I am thinking the Holy Grail banks right in downtown Cincinnati.

So, please vote for which date works better or if you DO NOT plan on attending. If there is enough interest, I can start drawing up the plans and we can make it "official". I'd also like to tie in a fundraiser for this entire thing - donations going to the Joe Burrow Athens Hunger Relief Fund. It never hurts to include a good cause.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If you guys wouldn't mind meeting here in Lancaster PA (I mean, it's only an 8 hour drive one way), I'd love to meetup with you guys.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you guys wouldn't mind meeting here in Lancaster PA (I mean, it's only an 8 hour drive one way), I'd love to meetup with you guys.

I consider the entire state of PA "Shittsburgh". So for that reason...I'm out. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I consider the entire state of PA "Shittsburgh". So for that reason...I'm out. 

I read that in Mark Cuban's voice. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Even if I lived in some northern city like Cleveland or Toledo, I would definitely make the trip...

… but a 9 hour drive and 1 country border crossing, I'm afraid I cannot attend Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thinking about it.... should we wear sticky note pads with our user id :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Kudos to you for trying to set something up. However, like others, geography is working against me. Good luck putting something together.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am trying to gauge interest in a first ever Bengals Board meetup.

I know a lot of times these kinds of things can be all talk...but I really think we have enough of a following here to make something like this happen every year. I'd love to get at least 10 people committed to make this a reality.

So, here's what I am thinking. I am going to throw out three dates that we meetup, watch a Bengals game, throw some back, and have a good time together. Which ever date has the most votes is the date we will go with.

So, please vote for which date works better or if you DO NOT plan on attending. If there is enough interest, I can start drawing up the plans and we can make it "official". I'd also like to tie in a fundraiser for this entire thing - donations going to the Joe Burrow Athens Hunger Relief Fund. It never hurts to include a good cause.

I will attend anything BUT the Buccs game since I will be in Tampa watching it live.

However, I have 1 stipulation: FRED has got to come, too. But wait... if he does: I WILL PAY FOR THE ENTIRE FOOD BILL FOR OUR GROUP and 1 ROUND OF DRINKS.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I will attend anything BUT the Buccs game since I will be in Tampa watching it live.

However, I have 1 stipulation: FRED has got to come, too. But wait... if he does: I WILL PAY FOR THE ENTIRE FOOD BILL FOR OUR GROUP and 1 ROUND OF DRINKS.

I thought about reaching out to Fred before the 2014 Jags game, as I attended and knew he was too, but since it was my wife's first trip to Cincinnati for a game and we were on a constant time crunch for EVERYTHING, save for the game itself, I decided to not reach out...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I will attend anything BUT the Buccs game since I will be in Tampa watching it live.

If Fred comes, then Brad has to come too...and there has to be a KY Jelly wrestling match. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 05:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Fred comes, then Brad has to come too...and there has to be a KY Jelly wrestling match. 

I feel like (for obvious reasons) Brad would take the L here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I would come for the November date, have too much other stuff going on in Sept and Oct.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
27th is titans game which I might be at :)
Reply/Quote
I may be able to pull of the Nov date. In fact I might be working in the Cinci area around then. Just have to get my next few contracts in order then I'll know....

Good idea. Sounds like good times to me.
Reply/Quote
In California so I voted no.
You guys read all the stuff people post on here and you still want to meet each other? Bunch of mom’s basement-living, internet tough guys on here but hey if you want to meet up I’d love to see pics of that freak show!

I’m just kidding - some of you actually seem like decent human beings.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am trying to gauge interest in a first ever Bengals Board meetup.

Can we smoke bud though?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I consider the entire state of PA "Shittsburgh". So for that reason...I'm out. 

I live in northeast PA .. Been at least 10+ fist fights with stealer fans at the bars when I was younger. I knocked a guy out for celebrating the Plamer playoff injury..
Reply/Quote

If you’re trying to do a fundraiser, you could potentially even think bigger. Have any connections with people who’d be willing to donate things for a silent auction? Get one of the local bars involved, and they’ll be happy to host something during the day leading up to the game. It can drive up their traffic and add some good publicity. You can get other board members to donate items if they have the means…then put your proceeds to the Hunger Relief Fund.

We had an event like this several years ago at Nicholson’s, and the proceeds went to the Freestore Foodbank. If you’re ambitious enough, I bet you could find a partner willing to at least think about it by the weekend. The only hangup may be that this may not meet fundraising organization requirements.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 06:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: In California so I voted no.
You guys read all the stuff people post on here and you still want to meet each other?  Bunch of mom’s basement-living, internet tough guys on here but hey if you want to meet up I’d love to see pics of that freak show!

(08-16-2022, 06:37 PM)Tony Wrote: I live in northeast PA .. Been at least 10+ fist fights with stealer fans at the bars when I was younger. I knocked a guy out for celebrating the Plamer playoff injury..

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 06:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: In California so I voted no.
You guys read all the stuff people post on here and you still want to meet each other?  Bunch of mom’s basement-living, internet tough guys on here but hey if you want to meet up I’d love to see pics of that freak show!

You live in California and you call us freaks? WTF is this, Joy Behar?

Reply/Quote