Poll: Do you plan on attending, and which date do you prefer?
I DO NOT plan on attending
I DO plan on attending - Sunday September 18th 4:25 PM Bengals at Cowboys is my vote
I DO plan on attending - Sunday October 9th 8 PM Bengals at Ravens is my vote
I DO plan on attending - Sunday November 27th 4:25 PM Bengals at Buccaneers is my vote
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board Meetup
(08-16-2022, 03:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am trying to gauge interest in a first ever Bengals Board meetup.

I know a lot of times these kinds of things can be all talk...but I really think we have enough of a following here to make something like this happen every year. I'd love to get at least 10 people committed to make this a reality.

So, here's what I am thinking. I am going to throw out three dates that we meetup, watch a Bengals game, throw some back, and have a good time together. Which ever date has the most votes is the date we will go with.

Locationwise, I am thinking the Holy Grail banks right in downtown Cincinnati.

So, please vote for which date works better or if you DO NOT plan on attending. If there is enough interest, I can start drawing up the plans and we can make it "official". I'd also like to tie in a fundraiser for this entire thing - donations going to the Joe Burrow Athens Hunger Relief Fund. It never hurts to include a good cause.

You should have made it a multi-option poll so those who can make all 3 dates give let you know they are open, and then you could choose the one that hits most people.  Right now you're spread all over and don't know about people optionality, but just their preferences.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 08:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If anyone sees an angry English man ranting at the chiefs and browns games in section 106 feel free to buy me a beer, ((Proper Budweiser not that light stuff that is basically water)

Pro tip... We also have real beer over here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 07:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You live in California and you call us freaks? WTF is this, Joy Behar?

I have no come back for this because it’s true about this state.
I will take the L on this one!
Reply/Quote
Why no 1:00 pm options? That being said I could make most dates. Prefer one of the 4:30 games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 08:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: If anyone sees an angry English man ranting at the chiefs and browns games in section 106 feel free to buy me a beer, ((Proper Budweiser not that light stuff that is basically water)

If I had a dollar for every ranting Englishman I ran into at Bengals games…LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Thinking about it.... should we wear sticky note pads with our user id :)
Do I need to wear one? How many other crippled members are there?!
(08-16-2022, 05:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Fred comes, then Brad has to come too...and there has to be a KY Jelly wrestling match. 
I'm out..................
(08-16-2022, 08:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Incredible

I will pick Brad up and drop him off if he needs a ride.

My luck, I would be $5k deep in covering table dances for Brad at the Brass ass by nights end. And worth every penny!
I'm back in!

Hilarious
(08-17-2022, 09:25 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I feel stupid for wondering why all the options were away games at first ?

Yeah........... it took me until halfway down the second page for it to click lol

I voted for the Dallas game but I obviously need a mod to change that because I'll be in Dallas for that game.
Reply/Quote
So conceptually, I'd have some interest in going to a game as a group.

That said, I don't know if this fall will work out to get to Cincy.

I may catch the Bengals in another city.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 08:40 AM)Bengal Jim Wrote: As a side note all of you are always welcome to stop by Bengal Jim & Friends "Before the Roar" tailgate for any home game.  

We are located on the far east side of Lot E near the south east corner of Paycor Stadium (thats the first time I haven't said PBS and it seems strange).

Would love to host you guys and gals any game!

Awesome Jim!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Thinking about it.... should we wear sticky note pads with our user id :)

I recommend pants and shirts.

At least for our first meeting.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I recommend pants and shirts.

At least for our first meeting.

Fine but Im from Ky,  do I have to wear shoes ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 10:29 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Fine but Im from Ky,  do I have to wear shoes ?

They are suppose to toss the shoes down when crossing the Brent Spence bridge so you folks from KY have some to use in OH
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 10:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They are suppose to toss the shoes down when crossing the Brent Spence bridge so you folks from KY have some to use in OH

They used to, but they kept blowing back across the Brent Spence on their own because Ohio sucks so much.....I mean the only two things worth a shit to ever come out of the state is Johnny Paycheck and I -75..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm in CT otherwise I'd be all about putting faces to names.

Mostly I want to meet Fred in person.

Then immediately regret it.
Reply/Quote
I moved to Denver but still going back to Dallas for that game.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I consider the entire state of PA "Shittsburgh". So for that reason...I'm out. 

I live two counties east of shittsburgh. Can confirm your theory.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 05:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: They used to, but they kept blowing back across the Brent Spence on their own because Ohio sucks so much.....I mean the only two things worth a shit to ever come out of the state is Johnny Paycheck and I -75..... Mellow

Ummm, Joe Burrow?  Paul Brown?  Hudy Delight (just kidding).

To the OP:  Speedy lives an easy drive from PBS (forever PBS) and is a definite maybe for any of the proposed dates.
Reply/Quote
Last time I went to any kind of meetup with people from online anything it was an unmitigated disaster..when it was finally over and three people wanted rides way beyond my gas rationing allotment at the time it started raining bigly when the temperature was just above freezing and of course my car wouldn't start .. Wife at the time was with me and was NOT impressed with any of the people..Neither was I for that matter. So we waited about 5 hours after the bar was closed for a cab in the car and the roof leaked as well.. 
Boy! Do I ever want to do THAT again!  How about a meetup too far away from civilization in old beat to crap cars in the rain in 33 degree temperatures? Who's in? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I’m in! I’ve always wanted to meet most of you.
Reply/Quote