Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Bengals Will Need A New Stadium
Tiger

In history this has been a tough topic for Bengal fans and for the city to face. With the topic to become more relevant in the coming years I thought maybe its time for discussion. I don't know many workings on the deal between the county and the team but what I do know is that a lease is coming up. I also know that any team with this current roster and how they continue to build will be head over heels attractive to other cities. Lets look at this from a wide view of the regional relevancy. A move of that capacity brings $$$$$..... I mean a retractable roof stadium . Its thirty or more cities that are ready. Is Cincy ready for that? If you think Jerry's world was big there will be cities and global ready to build for "The Family"
It means nothing to most now but it will soon.
20 years is a thought and 5 is a blink.
(04-11-2022, 11:05 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

In history this has been a tough topic for Bengal fans and for the city to face. With the topic to become more relevant in the coming years I thought maybe its time for discussion. I don't know many workings on the deal between the county and the team but what I do know is that a lease is coming up. I also know that any team with this current roster and how they continue to build will be head over heels attractive to other cities. Lets look at this from a wide view of the regional relevancy. A move of that capacity brings $$$$$..... I mean a retractable roof stadium . Its thirty or more cities that are ready. Is Cincy ready for that? If you think Jerry's world was big there will be cities and global ready to build for "The Family"
It means nothing to most now but it will soon.
20 years is a thought and 5 is a blink.
They aren't gonna build a new stadium. Paul Brown will be renovated, and no one wants indoor football.. Football is meant to be played in the elements....
Feel like it’s pretty clear at this point they aren’t pushing for a new stadium. They want Paul Brown renovated and to get the remaining life out of the stadium. Should last another 20-30 years with renovations. They’ve already started various projects over the last few years with more scheduled. 2040-2050 they will have to figure out a new stadium, for the foreseeable future it’s PBS thankfully.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-11-2022, 11:45 PM)Tony Wrote: They aren't gonna build a new stadium. Paul Brown will be renovated, and no one wants indoor football.. Football is meant to be played in the elements....

Tiger

They may not but the one thing that you must understand is that its about big money now & forever.
There have been too many to list that called MB money hungry. Wouldn't this be in his ballpark now that he has leverage again and after going to a SB. A franchise QB that can sell water to a whale in any city or around the globe. Its a very real conversation because when have small markets really won the big money battle. Even with all the history of the Cincinnati Reds they're experiencing some trials as well even if some self inflicted. All I'm getting at is that the organization is now holding the cards and it should be noted that that they can move.
I see it as a possibility to build a new state of the art stadium. Maybe with a roof and other amenities. Politicians like to spend other people's money so why not? Personally, I don't like rainy or cold games. I'm game for a new stadium.
Who Dey!  Tiger
(04-12-2022, 01:41 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

They may not but the one thing that you must understand is that its about big money now & forever.
There have been too many to list that called MB money hungry. Wouldn't this be in his ballpark now that he has leverage again and after going to a SB. A franchise QB that can sell water to a whale in any city or around the globe. Its a very real conversation because when have small markets really won the big money battle. Even with all the history of the Cincinnati Reds they're experiencing some trials as well even if some self inflicted. All I'm getting at is that the organization is now holding the cards and it should be noted that that they can move.

Any owner of a team can move it. Why worry about something you can't control?
(04-12-2022, 12:17 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Feel like it’s pretty clear at this point they aren’t pushing for a new stadium. They want Paul Brown renovated and to get the remaining life out of the stadium. Should last another 20-30 years with renovations. They’ve already started various projects over the last few years with more scheduled. 2040-2050 they will have to figure out a new stadium, for the foreseeable future it’s PBS thankfully.

This pretty much sums it up.  One thing that gives me pause looking way in to the future is if they had an entirely new stadium, it would likely have to be built in the same spot.  That means a season of being nomads and likely playing home games at Nippert Stadium.  I would imagine the next stadium would have a dome, that would be retractable...although I hope it works better than the damn escalators that never work.  Or maybe open sides, like the Lucas Oil stadium that can let fresh air through.  

Either way, that is a heck of a long ways away and I am not even sure I will be around to see it....
(04-11-2022, 11:45 PM)Tony Wrote: They aren't gonna build a new stadium. Paul Brown will be renovated, and no one wants indoor football.. Football is meant to be played in the elements....

Wrong, I want a retractable roof so nice weather it is open and bad weather it can be closed. As a long time season ticket holder prior to moving to Florida, I hated games outside that were less than 30 degrees and felt like 10 degrees with high winds. My guess is you watch games from your couch all or most of the time, if so please don't speak for season ticket holders and for ALL FANS.

Will they do it? They may not, but would be great for downtown business if they did so they could add events year round to the stadium and grb huge events like a Super Bowl, final 4 in basketball and also have an indoor practice field when needed on site.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
It's not going to happen for one reason. The Bengals don't want it. They like the look of PBS open on one end to the river and on the other end to the city. Personally, coming down the hill into Cincinnati on 75 I think it is a fantastic stadium. They will update it, but it's staying for another 2 or 3 decades. Just because "this particular team" is very attractive means nothing, buy the time a new city built a new stadium, most of these players would be gone. And we just recently saw with Haskins how quickly things can change. I'm all for keeping PBS and just renovating it. And while they can't put a retractable roof on it, I wonder if they couldn't put one of those cloth roofs like LA has. They'd most likely have to pull it in if it snowed, but it could stop rain.

100%
As usual, WORST. TAKE. EVER.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(04-12-2022, 08:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wrong, I want a retractable roof so nice weather it is open and bad weather it can be closed. As a long time season ticket holder prior to moving to Florida, I hated games outside that were less than 30 degrees and felt like 10 degrees with high winds. My guess is you watch games from your couch all or most of the time, if so please don't speak for season ticket holders and for ALL FANS.

Will they do it? They may not, but would be great for downtown business if they did so they could add events year round to the stadium and grb huge events like a Super Bowl, final 4 in basketball and also have an indoor practice field when needed on site.

Agreed.
The purpose of the indoor stadium is to make the experience better for the fans.
Many fans prefer to not be super cold and/or wet when watching a game live, if possible.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(04-12-2022, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.
The purpose of the indoor stadium is to make the experience better for the fans.
Many fans prefer to not be super cold and/or wet when watching a game live, if possible.

That's true, but just as many fans enjoy football played in the mud and snow and elements. (yes, I know we have turf)
Personally, I would prefer to be inside (but not in a warehouse looking thing like they have in Indy), but know that's not really AFCN football.
Building a new stadium every 25-30 years would be just such a gross waste of resources. Soldier Field is from 1924. Lambeau from 1957. Arrowhead 1972.

We're in the middle for age of stadium at this point.
It seems unfair that stadium funding has to come mainly from the Hamilton County taxpayers.  If our society thinks that we should continue to provide welfare payments to billionaires, then the State of Ohio should have some kind of Sports Authority to provide funding for the stadiums.  And Northern Kentucky should be kicking in money too since they benefit from the economic activity the stadium provides.
(04-12-2022, 08:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wrong, I want a retractable roof so nice weather it is open and bad weather it can be closed. As a long time season ticket holder prior to moving to Florida, I hated games outside that were less than 30 degrees and felt like 10 degrees with high winds. My guess is you watch games from your couch all or most of the time, if so please don't speak for season ticket holders and for ALL FANS.

Well, living in Montana since 1983, I have to say I take a perverse joy in football viewing in sub-zero weather. The crowds are rowdier, and there's definitely an attitude of "you ******* have no chance against our tough Montana boys in this weather"

I believe the Vikings lost that edge when they moved indoors. Opposing teams from warm climates HATE playing in freezing weather. 

You just knew the Chargers would get thumped in the Freezer Bowl. I seem to recall Bengals O-line coming out in short sleeved shirts? I was sure the Bengals would win at that moment. Don't lose that edge. No dome!
(04-12-2022, 11:43 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Well, living in Montana since 1983, I have to say I take a perverse joy in football viewing in sub-zero weather. The crowds are rowdier, and there's definitely an attitude of "you ******* have no chance against our tough Montana boys in this weather"

I believe the Vikings lost that edge when they moved indoors. Opposing teams from warm climates HATE playing in freezing weather. 

You just knew the Chargers would get thumped in the Freezer Bowl. I seem to recall Bengals O-line coming out in short sleeved shirts? I was sure the Bengals would win at that moment. Don't lose that edge. No dome!

I would say look at the Packers-49'ers playoff game this year.  Games played in sloppy conditions favor the underdog simply because of the increased chances for fluke plays and lucky bounces.  If you're the home team, you're hypothetically the better team, so that doesn't really play into your favor.
(04-12-2022, 01:41 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

All you need to know about Mike and the stadium as far as money hungry goes, he has refused naming rights numerous times to keep it Paul Brown Stadium. Unless they sell, I don't see the Bengals leaving.

"Better send those refunds..."

Its going to be Renovated for the world cup in 2026 at the very least. No it won't be a dome!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
An honest question here, I know franchises move from one major city to another every now and again, but would you still support the Bengals if they moved to say Portland ?? Have other teams fans carried on supporting even though they're hundreds possibly thousands of miles away ?? Even though I will watch any game that is on purely because I love the sport I couldn't support any other team other than the Bengals just because they were the ones that floated my boat when football came into my life. The mere thought of soccer teams moving cities over here would cause absolute pandemonium. LP